PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Modification to Unlocking Current tourneymon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Lapphire's AvatarLapphire
Suggestion Title: modification to unlocking current tourneymon Suggestion Summary: If you missed a tournament to unlock a tourneymon having the ability to pay extra to unlock the tourneymon As in paying gp on top of the token cost to buy an egg to work around missing a tournament instead of waiting weeks for another tournament with that fakemon It doesn't have to be gp it could also just be more tokens Positive points: - allows for new players to join in on the new fakemon excitement - allows returning players to more easily catch up on what they've missed -Is just a nice quality of life thing for people with busier lives as well Negative points: -a way for "lazy" people with more money to avoid participation in tournaments Reason For Consideration: This would be really nice for people who have to take breaks or have just started to keep up with new exclusives without getting left in the dust by people who have had more convenient timing to play
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder
but spending more money unlocking something would be the same as just going an buying the extra tokens you need to unlock them to begin with? Im sorry but no support. i dont see a need for this when you can just buy the tokens you need to unlock it from other users who are selling them. the hard goal is also not actually that difficult to reach, i myself can reach them in a day. you have a week. put in some effort and you wont have to wait. needless to say the demand on tokens would be diminished drastically if this were implemented making them harder to sell. and the whole, its hard to earn money isnt a valid excuse Either considering its fairly easy to make credits by selling things on the market or in the trade forums. so in short, i dont see why it would be any different than just BUYING the tokens from other players. you are still paying regardless just on one end it ruins the market for tokens.
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
kimbolimbo's Avatarkimbolimbo
Sorry if I misunderstood, but I think the suggestion was to be able to unlock exclusives for tourneys you haven't participated in? For the newest exclusives, to even be able to unlock the egg you would have to have scored at least 1 point in the tournament. So I think this is more, pay extra to have the ability to unlock the egg despite not meeting requirements? If that's the case, I can see how it would be beneficial, but you could still just wait a couple weeks for the cycle to bring the exclusive back. And really, it's not that difficult to just score 1 point for the tournament.

kim, 25, she/her sending me a picture of j-hope may get you a mass click
buying at 25zc each!
template & avatar by me

QUOTE originally posted by ArtisticUmbresol

but spending more money unlocking something would be the same as just going an buying the extra tokens you need to unlock them to begin with? Im sorry but no support. i dont see a need for this when you can just buy the tokens you need to unlock it from other users who are selling them. the hard goal is also not actually that difficult to reach, i myself can reach them in a day. you have a week. put in some effort and you wont have to wait. needless to say the demand on tokens would be diminished drastically if this were implemented making them harder to sell. and the whole, its hard to earn money isnt a valid excuse Either considering its fairly easy to make credits by selling things on the market or in the trade forums. so in short, i dont see why it would be any different than just BUYING the tokens from other players. you are still paying regardless just on one end it ruins the market for tokens.
Sorry i didn't clarify what I meant exactly! To buy an egg from the current season you must first participate in a tournament where the egg is the prize My suggestion is to be able to bypass this participation requirememt with extra tokens/gp on top of the 12 tokens to buy! It's really more of QoL suggestion since it only cycles through each egg once every 4 tournaments (about a month) I know its not very hard to score in tournaments or even participate, this would be for people who either didnt even know the site existed during the tournament or someone who had to take a break for a bit (which im sure happened alot recently due to finals for students!)
selocon's Avatarselocon
I don't support. If you really want the pokemon that much, participate or wait. Honestly, this will make Arceus that much easier, which is a huge con you didn't put. I just buy the 12 tokens on the trade forum (not hard), add in some GP, and voila, no need to worry about having lost Arceus rank anymore! I missed one egg, but got it and hatched it the next day! So back to my melan hunt! As with other similar suggestions, Arceus rank should not be that easy.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If you were gone for so long that you missed the entire tournament (note that you can register partway through) then I really don't see why you can't wait for it to rotate around again.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
fair enough! thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion ^-^

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page