PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementation of an Auto-stack button

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Foxrested's AvatarFoxrested
Suggestion Title: Implementation of an Auto-stack button Suggestion Summary: I suggest the implementation of an "Auto-stack" button within the Field options. (Where "Align to Grid" is found) This button should automatically place every single pokemon in a field in the center, stacked over one another. Unlike the "Align to Grid" button, where the sorting is only client-side, this should be server-side in that the field will be seen as stacked as such by all. Positive points: -Eliminates need to take time out to stack each pokemon one-by-one by hand, meaning more play time and less stress having to sort hundreds at a time. (essentially, -less time wasted sorting -less stress on players sorting -simple button = ease of use/understanding -efficient) Negative points: -If you wanted to undo the stacking, you would have to do so by hand--meaning the stress all over again (only if wanting to reverse) Reason For Consideration: When hunting, it is very easy to accumulate large quantites of pokemon. If you decide to keep, sort, and stack said pokemon--as I do-- you will quickly discover that the time and effort (and money) needed to organize such large quantities is great...perhaps too great in comparison to the time you could've spent still hunting and playing. Therefore, I feel a solution such as an "Auto-stack" button is necessary to let players like me continue to enjoy playing without having to take time off and stress about stacking. *Edit- fixed spelling + reworded
I suggest you read the Summary of Rejected Suggestions thread, specifically under the "Fields" hidebox.

Stack All Pokemon

Field organization is the purview of the player. No particular organization is promoted by PFQ. You may also use skin CSS to do this for yourself.
Gladion has a fantastic guide to CSS for site skins here
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I kinda support this even if that is a auto rejection xD The suggestion isn't a way to make others field stacked, but only the one that you own. That's a huge difference. And a time saver for the one who like to stack field themself. CSS code is good for organising others field, but when you want to organise your field, that isn't help that much since is not everyone who can use them. In any case, stacking your pokemon isw not that long if you do it little at a time. So even if it is still rejected, I suppose we can live without it ^^"
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!

QUOTE originally posted by Foxrested

*snipsnip* Unlike the "Align to Grid" button, where the sorting is only client-side, this should be server-side in that the field will be seen as stacked as such by all.*snipsnip*
If I may, I believe this here is the part that makes this auto-rejected. Something like this could make it seem as though PFQ were saying "this function is here so you can auto-stack your fields so it's easier for others to click," in effect making it seem as though S&S is officially recognized by the site, when PFQ doesn't support S&S or any "official" field orientation. To keep people from feeling bad for not using that orientation. Would people actually think that? Maybe, maybe not. But it's possible, so it makes more sense to just auto-reject anything automatically adjusting the views of fields to other users. Align to Grid is different in that, as it is only available to the user in their own fields and doesn't lock the Pokemon to that position after leaving the fields. I hope that makes a bit more sense.
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page