PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trainer Eyes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

kjokjo75's Avatarkjokjo75
Suggestion Title: Heterochromatic trainer Suggestion Summary: Heterochromatic eyes are eyes of 2 separate colors. (Ex: left blue and right green) It could be a single option or multiple. Positive points: More trainer options are never a bad thing to me. People can more accurately express themselves. Heterochromatic people could feel more included from this simple addition. Negative points: The only downside I know of is more work for the artists to do. Reason For Consideration: Even though I don't have heterochromia, I feel it's important to give people the option instead of having those with heterochromia pick one eye to represent.
I just want to point out that the negative you provided is actually... Partially wrong. While an artist could do the needed work, so could I. Or Niet. We already have the eye colours on their respective layers, you see. It's just a case of pulling one colour and combining it with the other. Pretty easy! However, and this is where I'm afraid I have to reject your suggestion at this time - and it's entirely on the basis of 'representation'. Not that I dislike representation or anything but hear me out. If we do one thing based on the concept of 'representation' then why shouldn't we do the rest? Especially when heterochromia is something that only 0.5% of people (worldwide) have. There are things that a higher percentage of people have which, by the logic of representation, should definitely take precedence. While the idea of representation in and of itself is a nice one, it simply doesn't work here and while it is a reason to consider doing it - it's also a reason to consider doing MANY more things before doing this. To the point it may never get done. We may bring forward heterochromia in the future - it's something we've already been talking about actually! But at this time with how things are presently set up and what we're currently working on, I'm afraid the answer is 'no'.
kjokjo75's Avatarkjokjo75
Thanks for taking the time to read this. It's great to hear that you've been talking about it.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page