PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

ability to upgrade the daycare

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

gregoryk's Avatargregoryk
Suggestion Title: ability to upgrade the daycare Suggestion Summary: basically just a daycare upgrade in which you can pay either gp or zc in order to get more eggs per day. for example: you can pay say.. 200 zc or 500 gp (just some example prices, not actually suggesting said prices) in order to permanently rise the amount you can adopt in the shelter to twelve. if you have hypermode and also the upgrade, the hypermode could be boosted to a higher amount, but if the upgrade isn't bought and you have hypermode it stays at twelve Positive points: - makes it a little easier for those without hypermode to shiny hunt. - hypermode, if you already have the upgrade, gets an additional boost - another currency sink Negative points: - if the upgrade isnt bought and you get hypermode, the number stays at 12? - im not sure how it could be abused, but i guess its somehow a possibility Reason For Consideration: before i was able to get hypermode, i really struggled to do any form of hunting mostly because i could only adopt six eggs from the shelter (when in the game, you can get unlimited, from what i remember). if you think about it, say someone is saving up gp for a certain thing they need and cant afford to spend them on passes. im sure weve all been there at some point, so they're stuck hatching a single party a day if they get unlucky and dont find any of the eggs they need in the shelter (which has happened multiple times during my current hunt). so, even an extra party could keep this poor hunter from spending a month or two on a hunt where they only really wanted a shiny of their favourite pokemon, not to mention people that actually hunt for profit.

• other
  • pokemon
i like snakes so i’m shiny hunting all the snake pokemon c: my husband~ MY SHOP ( avatar by me )
Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Poison
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature

QUOTE originally posted by The Official PFQ Wiki

DayCare Pass: This allows a user to take additional Eggs from the DayCare. Each Pass costs 20gp and can only be used once. Users also have the option to buy Passes in bulk, at a discount prices, in sets of 10 Passes for the price of 7, or 60 Passes for the price of 30.
No support, since it already exists essentially.
Travelling Chef born in Kalos, currently exploring Paldea!
(Roleplay-ish Account, Message me for my free fields!)
how does this "already exist" outside of hypermode?? with daycare passes, those runout too. theres no way to permanently upgrade the amount you get like you can with the shelter. (no, im not suggesting we are able to adopt a ton of eggs for free like you can with the shelter)
Sorry, the whole "currency sink" thing was throwing me off. It wouldn't really be an effective sink if it's a one time purchase, but I'm just being pedantic. Also, shiny hunting doesn't need to be easier. There are already too many shinies and not enough buyers, so I don't support anything that would make it easier.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
No support, because A. the reasons Volixagarde went into and B: You think I only hatch 12 eggs a day?? I would go NUTS if I could only do 2 parties a day fjdsklafdjsl; Unless you're hunting an exclusive, variant, or some other pain-in-the-butt pokemon (pokemon esp. newbies that would struggle with hunting probably aren't hunting), you can use the shelter to obtain more eggs than your basic 6/12 from the Daycare. All eggs in the shelter come DIRECTLY from users breeding and releasing them. If you cannot find your eggs in the shelter, that means YOU need to breed your pokemon and release enough eggs into the shelter so you can find them. No one, with or without hypermode, is restricted from this method of breeding and hunting (and you CAN upgrade your shelter pass to allow you to get more adoptions!) "i could only adopt six eggs from the shelter (when in the game, you can get unlimited, from what i remember)." I am extraordinarily confused by this part. If you can only adopt 6 eggs from the shelter, there's a way to fix that: Shelter passes! You know, an upgrade to the amount of things you can adopt so you can hunt easier and get more-- wait.... Also, there is no way to get unlimited (free) adoptions. (if that..uh..is what you meant??) Shelter Pass [star] caps out at 127, and DCP, while technically infinite in use, get pretty pricey. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, I'm just sort of confused at your reasoning and explanations in some parts ^^;;
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
I'm going to say I'm neutral on this right now, how exactly would this upgrade work? Would it multiply our adoptions? Add a specific amount of adoptions like Trade Expansions(+5 trade slots)? Would there be a cap on how many affect your Daycare like the Scour upgrades or would it be as many as you can afford? Personally, I see nothing wrong with being able to increase how many Daycare adoptions we get for free, as long as it's not a ridiculous amount as that would make DCP pointless in the long run.
in the game. meaning IN THE CANON GAMES, not this game. but upgrade, i dont mean to spend the site currency in order to permanently double the amount of eggs you can get. normally, you get six. get the upgrade, adn you can only get it ONCE, and you get 12 free. thats it. like it is with hyprmode. if you get hypermode, you get 24 free, or maybe even less. no more than that. the daycare passes would still be there if you need/want more adoptions, and really, nothing would be taken from them, but theres a few players (who i personally know) who struggle to afford daycare passes constantly. they're like the shelter passes, you buy them once and the amount you adopt stays that number. except you cant upgrade the base number past 12 permanently. if that makes sense? sorry if it doesn't, i've been sick all day.
Opalide's AvatarOpalide
No support I'd just like to note it seems a little redundant comparing Pokefarm Q to any canon Pokemon game, as they are functionally very different, and consist of different gameplay. The purpose of PFQ is to breed, hatch and hoard. The purpose of PKM is to forfill a story or game chapter, fight, and become the best. The shiny rates on PKM is much, much lower than PFQ. Additionally, there's no albinos, no melans, and so forth. Daycare and Shelter function differently, and have different processes comes to the adoption limit. I feel it's probably not a good idea to mix them up. The shelter has a capped limit that increases with the ticket you have obtained - but there's no way to adopt past the limit. Daycare has passes, which let you adopt past the allowance rate. The shelter lets you have both pokemon and eggs, where as the daycare only permits eggs. I feel like introducing this upgrade will devalue the daycare pass market. I'd like to note you can already get a 60 daycare pass bundle, as well as a 10 daycare pass bundle, from the player rank achievements. Further more, I feel like introducing this idea could decrease the exclusive market as well. Exclusives are rarely found in the shelter, and eggs have a less than 5% chance of making it from daycare to shelter. Most exclusive eggs can be obtained via the daycare or tourneys. This prevents the market from becoming over-saturated. With the comment regarding "some players cant afford", this suggestion is sounding less like a suggestion, and more like a handout. I can't afford them right now, either, but I don't feel raising the cap is a good idea. I feel like shiny hunting, and daycare passes, are the type of thing you work towards, as opposed to be able to obtain off the bat. DCPs serve as a fantastic currency sink, the way they are implemented at current. In addition, you mention only wanting to raise the cap only once with the upgrade. On which case, I'd question why we need a cap raise at all? If you were to raise the cap from 12 to 24, I'm sure people will soon complain 24 is too low, and request a raise from 24 to 50, and so forth.
selocon's Avatarselocon
No support. Yes you can get infinite adoptions in the main series games, but I think there's one problem you are missing. In the main series the daycare holds one egg for you (even if others would have been produced in the meantime) and you MUST ADOPT THEM ONE AT A TIME. In PFQ you can adopt them in multiples of 6 if you have enough adopts. Plus all of the above points
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page