PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Backup improvement idea & plan

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

I have a question: Once this is done and over with, would this mean the at least temporary return of the spot in the timeline where it would say "Reached Level X by User X" with X being a number less than 100? If I recall correctly, that bit was removed because it was extraneous data or something? Too lazy to look up source

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
MintyXX429's AvatarMintyXX429
Guys, so basically he's taking data that doesn't ever change, and moving that data to a place that will allow the site to get back up sooner. As it does affect people with full time jobs in certain timelines, this is a huge improvement! It's time consuming on Niet's end, but it will allow ALL of us to enjoy a more seemless experience! Best of luck, Niet!
Gartacus's AvatarGartacus
Wow. Not only is it a great idea, but it's being implemented immediately? Great work and thank you Niet... <3
naïve's Avatarnaïve
Reset was definitely shorter tonight! Also PLEASE KEEP THE MINIGAME I LOVE IT! <3
Type Race Score: 16,835
[ journal ]
I agree, that minigame was adorable and surprisingly challenging... Plus I ❤ Eeveelutions anyways.
PFP is F2U by solipses on DeviantArt! To mods: I'm back from the trip! My IP address is normal again~ Proud ex-teacher at Icy's School of Spriting!Badge by matecocido!
Sen's AvatarSen
LMao same! It's a great way to kill time when waiting for the daily back up !!
sevencube3's Avatarsevencube3
I don't see how it shouldn't work. Also, I enjoyed every minigame that I have played on PFQ! There should also be an Arcade section, like there was on the old PokéFarm!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Several steps have just been completed. The Timeline System has been upgraded, however there are two caveats: 1. Trade History data has not been migrated yet. If you have a Pokémon that was traded more than a day or so ago, then it will not yet have that information saved in the new system and won't be able to evolve if it is a trade evolution, unless you trade it again. 2. Many Pokémon won't have Timeline data on their Summary pages yet. This gets fixed automatically when its owner triggers a new timeline entry (ie. hatches an Egg, evolves it...) or when the owner visits its Summary page. Both of these will gradually be fixed by an automatic script that will run sometime over the next few days, gradually crawling through all of the old data and transferring it to the new system. Hopefully, nothing breaks! But if it does, it's only Timeline data. Plus there's backups from a couple of days ago so most of it can be retrieved anyway.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Schwank's AvatarSchwank
It's probably this last change. I can hatch all adopted eggs right after they are being adopted. Even I am the first person who adopted them. For expamle this pokémon: Edit: It's already all right. :)
Art by morce10. Permission for avatar and banner.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It went horribly wrong. I'm reverting the change.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page