PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daily backup failure + potential changes

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 67891011

AglennA's AvatarAglennA
Daily backup is a good thing. Weekly is a bit longer but no problem if that would be the case.
Charmander and Litwick fusion ^^ Charmander and Bulbasaur fusion ^^ Credits to Isopodsan. Avatar made by: pixelkitty
Dracojax's AvatarDracojax
I'm on server time so back up for me is around 10:15-10:30 I have also had rus for the little bit of time left after back up is done. I don't mind the daily back up since it gives me chance to go make a brew and give my fingers a break from clicking nor do I mind missing part of rus.
For my shop click here
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer

QUOTE originally posted by nanarini

im thinking, maybe its possible to back up game progress daily, and forums and pms weekly, since none of that relies on random chance or much work?..
I think that people who write stories on the forum or roleplay with multiple paragraphs per post and multiple posts per week would disagree with the statement it's not much work. Or the roleplayers who post a few lines, but multiple posts per day. There is potentially a lot of progression in a RP that could be lost and it can be disheartening to start over, thinking about the time you had already put into it to get where you had gotten before data got lost. And overall, losing creative work is not fun.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Cailem042's AvatarCailem042
I'd like a backup every second day, but every three days may be more reasonable. Or 3.5 days / twice a week.
Avatar made by magsimillion, commissioned at their shop.
nikao's Avatarnikao
Im more for daily backup...or every second day atleast^^ but i got a question....maybe it is silly....but ...would it maybe work bether or faster, when you did a two part backup? one for those parts that go fast and make no trouble, and then the other that makes trouble, who goes alone in there backup, ...so that it maybe goes faster? i really have no idea if this works....^//^
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
I vote daily backup! I'd like to know that everything I've worked for isn't going to be affected by anything major within the course of a week. It hasn't bothered me before, not going to bother me if it remains the same. I wish there was a poll for this, so I could see how many people voted for what.
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@
nanarini's Avatarnanarini

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

im thinking, maybe its possible to back up game progress daily, and forums and pms weekly, since none of that relies on random chance or much work?..
I think that people who write stories on the forum or roleplay with multiple paragraphs per post and multiple posts per week would disagree with the statement it's not much work. Or the roleplayers who post a few lines, but multiple posts per day. There is potentially a lot of progression in a RP that could be lost and it can be disheartening to start over, thinking about the time you had already put into it to get where you had gotten before data got lost. And overall, losing creative work is not fun.
id say that they remember it so they still can progress as if whatever happened, happened. and nothing relies on rng unless its like, tabletop style, with dice and all. but then, again, you remember, the other participants remember, you can progress. in the game itself, you cannot guarantee yourself the same results by performing the same step, and just remembering will not give you your specials back. the site is huge, and the admin team wont remember everyones lost specials and event scores and they are hard to prove. also, as much as rp can be fun, i have to point out that it is not, in fact, the primary purpose of the site. the primary purpose of the site is, well, the pfq game itself, and if we gotta prioritize its obvious which one is the priority. also, since your rp is technically your own game with your own rules, whats stopping you from doing your own daily backup? copy paste it into a text document or save the web pages on your drive. pfq is niets game and we have to rely on him to back it up, but you dont have to rely on him and sally to back up your rp. if you so desire you can do it on your own and take it off of sallys proverbial back.

aside from the random chance gains argument, one week contains a whole tourney and a whole typerace. if a week was rolled back we would lose the whole event progress. im thinking, maybe its possible to back up game progress daily, and forums and pms weekly, since none of that relies on random chance or much work?..
I wouldn't have thought of that but i completely agree to me that makes very good sense. I have trouble remembering to get on for whatever hunt that i am attempting to get a few shinies/albinos for and daily backups of activities make sense with forums and pms backed up once weekly. I would hate to lose several days of 10000 clicks a day cause i do get bored and come here to play
egseal's Avataregseal
I believe I could help, as my family is a family is a family of programmers and engineers as well as inventors.
poplio horder alert!!! Hey my birthday is January 11, if you have extra boxes, I’d love a gift. ~I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.~ art credet: avatar by voltaire Click below to take a wish!
PyroFluffeon's AvatarPyroFluffeon
To put my two cents in, a heck of a lot happens on this site in the course of a week. S.A.M. hunts, Pokerus, Tournaments, Type Race on occasion, sales in the market, sales in the forums, scours, breeding, the shelter, and probably a heck of a lot more. Weekly backups seem nice, but, as has been mentioned before, it'd lose too much progress if there was a problem that required the use of a backup. I vote that we keep using the daily backup for now, but be prepared to eventually move to doing backups every other/every few days if downtime starts to get out of hand.
Made by Luckytiger.
Made by Jaklingurian
Made by HowlingCat for me.
Avatar made by Luckytiger for me.

Pages: 123··· 67891011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page