PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Rise & Fall, An Old Pokemon Tale

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF >

CHIHIIRØ's AvatarCHIHIIRØ
Hello, friends. You may have noticed the title matches the title of my comic, Rise and Fall. The comic is dedicated to my close friends, old and new, far and close, long and short. Some of their pokemon might feature!! Before I begin, this includes spoilers to *all* events in the comic. If we're ready, well, we'll start.
hi, call me tenk or kay if you want. i'm obsessed with danganronpa. obviously. divine melody every order that shinobu gets the happier i become. you also get free art from me.
tenkaede is my otp. i deserve admin rigHTS
code-hercules background-official ac gif icon by tairenar
res

Prologue

Everyone knows the tale of what happened in the canyons recently. Once, the Canyons of Breeze strived, and it was the most popular of all canyon territory. Now, not even the bird groups would fly over, and the grazers chose to graze somewhere far, far away from the area. Everyone was scared of it. This is all because of Wilt, a wicked umbreon who was the mother of the victim hurt most, Effie. Effie would've had a better mother (and would probably not be the shiny green she was), but Wilt destroyed her long ago. When Effie left on her journey that a space painted sylveon told her about in her dreams, Wilt was left with her two children, Sorren and Lilac. They woke up crying one day, and the next, and the next. Until one day it was only Sorren crying for his unique mother. Lilac had fallen at the paws of Wilt, who had changed the canyon so much. No one used to rule it, but Wilt did, and Lilac was her deputy. Eventually, Lilac evolved into a vaporeon by the force of Wilt, while Sorren was trapped below the roots of the tree. Then one day, the small eevee died. He died of unhappiness and missing requirements. Lilac didn't flinch when she found her brother dead and cold. She would only sniff and Wilt would laugh. But one day, Effie came back, only to find her son missing and her daughter fighting with various members. Wilt watched, then felt rage as she saw the same space painted sylveon she had destroyed years ago. Effie's destined mother, Astranova. Effie stood at the front of the group beside her, while many others stood behind. Reoccuring Umbreon Alex, Angelica, mother of Astranova, Christine, Samuel, Wing, Katherine and many more. The group was large, and Wilt cackled at her 'gang'. Lilac said nothing as she stared at her mother. Then Wilt pounced at Astranova again, striking her one last time. Angelica screamed, and war broke out. Effie was cornered into the tree by Lilac, but both of them stopped as they saw Sorren. That was the time Lilac shifted back into who she was, the protective vaporeon of her brother. Effie was desperate to slay Wilt after that as Lilac crouched over her small brother, but Alex and Astranova had already beaten her to it. That was the night everyone wished they didn't return. But it was also the night of Effie getting back her daughter and holding a proper ceremony for Astranova and Sorren. About a month or two later is the night we begin our story. And Effie still sits and mourns the great.

Chapter One

Effie sat in the crooked meadow that grew just below a loose cliff. It shaded the tombstones she and Alex had prepared for the group. But only she sat in the circle, because her daughter was off swimming in the flooded part of the canyon, Alex was with Dusky and his two children and Angelica mourned on her own. Those two meant the closest to her. They were the first she met in the snow. And Angelica knew her. And Alex knew the Canyons of Breeze, in fact he was born in there, long ago when Astranova was being raised. Humans had raided, so he told, and took him, Slash and his mother off to a lab. And that's where that shaodw came from. The shadow hasn't been there in a while though. Effie flinched as she heard pawsteps, and turned to see the taller umbreon. They closed their eyes and inhaled before turning around and facing the quiet canyon. "We need to depart," They yelled. The fluffed up umbreon and her two children looked at him. "We'll catch up." Alex nodded, until Oana and Peony spoke up for the same issue. He turned to the two that were flanked against each other. He nodded gratefully at the pair that had always been in the canyon. Sariah, a fusion, stared quietly at them, intensity on her face and annoyance burning in her eyes. She then snarled, towering up on her front feet. Effie turned around panic as she yelled. "Can you hear yourselves?" Now everyone stared at her. Oana looking away shamefully and Peony's eyes were glued onto a figure that came around the group. "It's funny how after everything we've-" She was cut off as a large figure pounced onto her, knocking her over. He stood strong, hind legs digging into the ground as he hissed. "Don't be an idiot!" "Tyto-!" A smaller than usual Littern squealed a dedenne sat tucked into his collar. The pokemon turned his head, and the alolan meowth like character stared back onto a panicked Sariah before stalking off to his mate. "Styrix, you'd better come." "I'm sure the smaller ones would like to, and I'd rather not be alone." Alex's ears lowered as they sighed. "Anyone else?" Christine stared uncomfortably at Samuel, who was now way bigger than her. The Altaria hovered over the delcatty, giving her shelter from the rain as her bag stuck to her pelt. "It's up to Samuel." "How do you still understand a mute pokemon, I do not know," Alex chuckled, and Samuel squawked a happy squawk. Christine laughed and then she got up and padded over to the two eeveelutions. "I'd prefer to stay behind," Katherine hummed as Ashley gasped overdramatically as her certain vulpix friend. Alex shrugged, and they leaped onto a rock. They inhaled and yelled out gibberish, and air hit the canyons like a brick. "What is they doing?" Wing asked, shaking next to Sora, a motherly absol. "Calling out to their shadow, dear." "Why is they do that?" Wing asked, and Sora giggled at her off english before explaining the past events to the smaller fennekin. The fennekin's eyes widened as Alex jumped down. "Okay then, everyone who's coming, choose a partner." Lilac scurried over to her mother and curled her tail around the smaller pokemon. Effie watched the canyon choose their partners. Tyto with Styrix, their children with each other, Alex sadly looking at Dusky before pairing up with Astranova. Ashley convinced Katherine to come with her, Sora and Wing were together and the list went on. Then, once everyone was together, the umbreon and luxray trecked out of the Canyons of Breeze. That was a joyous night.

Chapter Two

Effie stalked beside Lilac, staring at the group of pokemon that trailed behind them. Some were easy to see, like Starfish, a water typed braixen, or Sora, because she carried Wing on her back. And Tyto was just naturally big, outgrowing his alolan meowth form. Lilac let her gaze follow her mother's, and she stopped, so so did Effie. Both of their tails flicked between their hind legs as Lilac sniffed the damp wind flowing above her head fin. Christine moved past them, Samuel above her head. "It feels wrong leaving brother behind," Lilac sighed, shaking her head. "I wish what I did never happened. He'd be beside me, and he'd be the espeon he wanted to be." "He was too good for an espeon," Effie breathed to her daughter, "More a sylveon like Astranova... But, it wasn't your fault. You were both too young. Plus, the rain will sooth him." "We're the new Canyons of Rain," Lilac said before turning around and swaying herself to catch back up to the front. Effie watched, eyes gleaming sadly as she turned back. The cold wind hit her hard, until a small pyroar stood in front of her. "Thank you, Sol," She whispered, and the pyroar hummed. "You're very welcome," Sol purred sweetly before flicking her tail to Effie's chest and turning around. "I loved Canyons of Breeze while it lasted." "I thought you-" "Canyons of Fire Souls was my home," Sol laughed sadly, "A home to only pyroars and litleos. But... praising Solgaleo was tiring. It wasn't free." "Yet your name came from them." "I was next in line." And that cued the silence. For the next few hours, Effie had caught up to the front with Lilac, Sol watching the two from behind with her own mate, way bigger than her. Effie's ears twitched at the sound of every deep pawstep that belonged to him but said nothing. "Corin." The pyroar stopped and looked at Sol. Effie moved away, not wanting to hear a conversation. But then as the group halted, thanks to Angelica's ancient tongue, the group sat down. "But why?" Lilac asked. "Once ancient tongue is presented, we all must sit to respect the legendaries who cleared away the canyons for us," Sora rumbled quietly, looking at the trouble Effie. "Each legendary belongs to each Canyon. Angelica only speaks it because she herself can communicate with them." As Wing's eyes became round, Angelica turned and spread her pure white wings, closing her eyes. "We will rest. This is the small side of Den and there are plenty of spaces for our group." "Den?" "Den sits on top of the surface of the Canyons," Effie whispered to her daughter this time, "The small area doesn't include hunters or permenent resters." Lilac nodded as the path began to clear.

Chapter Three

Effie herself was no longer big enough to curl around Lilac, so the roles changed. The glistening vaporeon breathed steadily, eyes closed as Effie watched Sol whisper to two cubs Katherine had watched for her. Corin sat on the top of the small den they had chosen. Then the shiny espeon looked out onto the clearing. Styrix called out softly to Noriko and Miwa, their two children, who were playing in the rain. Styrix then hissed as Tyto tumbled out to play with them. The shiny espeon watched as Sora padded into the den, Wing huddled under her. Sol looked up and sighed. "What ever happened to Wing's mother?" "She no want," The fennekin waved her tail as she trotted over to Sol, who looked at Sora who sighed. "Her mother, Layla, was a contest pokemon. Was utterly disappointed seeing the marks upon her face," The absol sat down in a spot near a dripping corner, where she pushed a small stone under the water. "I was her partner for.. years. And I wanted my own as well so I just took in Wing." "Sora a great." "I'm sure she is," Sol murmured, booping the fennekin on the nose as her cubs stared bright-eyed at her paws. "Have you named your cubs yet?" Lilac opened her eyes, and Sol watched as Corin slid in. "We were hoping to find the Destined Tribe, and give them to them. They're... uni-" "We named them Shelby and Cali temporarily," Corin interuptted, glaring at the two cubs who looked at Sol. "Uh- Er- Just, rest," Effie cut in, and everyone nodded.
Today, Effie trotted alongside Chi, a blank shiny Leafeon. Blank, as in, you could hardly tell anymore. Only Effie knew and could see that. "The weather seems fine," Chi joked and Effie felt her shoulders shrug as Ashley bounded over. "Sariah won't be quiet," She groaned, and moved away, Katherine joining from behind. Effie turned her head and saw Sariah groaning beside Eliott, who shook at her loud noises. Styrix quickly drove him away. An oricorio bounded in, shouting at the group from the sidelines. "Be quiet, Nectar!" Sariah yelled, but the pokemon just kept pumping fists. Effie laughed happily as Chi attempted to join in. Then the group stopped, and Sol ran forward, eyes blazing as Shelby and Cali dangled from her mouth. She skidded to a halt at the front as Alex looked at her, eyes narrowed. "Camryaoms-" Sol sighed, putting down the cubs as Corin bounded forward, both of the pyroars stared at each other, and Sol sighed. "Canyons of Fire Souls."

Chapter Four

Alex watched the two pyroars, eyes squinting as Angelica made a noise of amusement. Effie trotted to stand beside the angelic luxray as Sol looked at the group behind them. "May we?" "I'd rather it not seem like a raid," Angelica said as Alex shook his head, "We are a big group." "But ma says the canyon is the biggest," Shelby butted in, and Corin stared down at her as Sol looked at the white pokemon. "I'll tell them, they'll know. Pleas-" "I'll go with her," Effie cut in quickly, tail flicking. "I can explain." Angelica stayed quiet, looking at the shiny espeon. She then dipped her head, breaking through her hesitation. "You were a reason we left, and you brought us here, anyway." Sol's eyes brightened as Effie nodded and made her way to the edge of the cliff. "Thanks," Sol mumbled, grabbing Cali and Corin grabbing Shelby. They both leaped over the edge, and Effie watched in surprise as Sol slid downwards, Corin helping her. They're mad, Effie thought warily, flicking a green paw downwards as she herself dragged herself down to the bottom, Why don't they have a path from Solgaleo? As Effie reached the bottom, Sol stood over her cubs as pyroars and litleos came out of thing gaps. A scrawny, paler pyroar flicked her ears as smaller litleos pranced around her legs. Her pelt looked almost the same as Sol's, and she let out a roar that made the conversation quiet. "Sol," She boomed, and the litleos scrambled away, terrified. "Mother," Sol responded evenly, raising her head as Effie crouched behind her. The older pyroar leaped down and trotted up to Sol, opening her jaw and closing it as she saw her two cubs. She glared at Corin, ears twitching before looking over at Effie. "Why are you back?" "Funny story, but we need your help," Corin answered for her, and she lifted her head in annoyance. "I know you hate us- well, me, Song, but there's a whole group of travelling pokemon." "They belong to Canyons of Breeze... or well, most of them," Effie repsonded, creeping out from behind Sol. Song said nothing, her eyes sparkling at the sight of the shiny pokemon, and she opened her mouth to chuckle. "I know you, you caused and stopped the same riot we all feared," She snarled, but her eyes betrayed her tone. "There'll be enough dens," Sol pushed, eyes low. "Perhaps, and it won't hurt," A male pyroar, younger than Song but older than Sol stalked over, "Mother, we already brought in another pokemon." "Tea is another thing," Song mumbled, and Sol gazed at her brother in confusion, "but... of course, if Spell says so." Sol looked at Corin, and then at Effie. The pokemon stared at Song and Spell before turning around and giving massive effort as she leaped up the rocks. She turned her head to see a mega audino run out to the group, staring at Shelby and Cali. She could hear Sol's and Corin's growl mix together as she reached the top. "They said yes," Effie panted, before falling backwards and leaping back down. As she reached the two pairs, Effie flicked her paw as the audino stared up into Corin's eyes. "Tea," Song rumbled, and she turned away and scurried back into one of the biggest dens that must've been in the canyon. Song then turned and watched the pokemon group tumble into the area, and Effie ran towards them as she heard Lilac make injured noises. The audino, Tea, came running out at this and she stared at Lilac. Effie looked back to see Song and Spell leading their family away to a crack, and Song slid in first, Sol after with her cubs. Corin and Spell just watched. Obviously, it was not made for the opposing gender. "Are you okay?" Tea asked Lilac as she vaporeon stretched before getting up. "It's hot," The water type breathed, and Tea smiled gently. She looked at Effie and came over to pat her shoulder. "You can both come with me, after all, I can tell Lilac is a relative." Lilac stared at her, jaw gaped, but Effie just nudged her and both of them followed the waddling audino into the cool den, before extending her hand and pointing to a largeish pool. She nodded at Lilac and the vaporeon dived in as Effie sat on a patch of grass. "You're quite unqiue, all of the canyons know you." "I feel... bad about that," Effie sighed, and Tea held a stone in her hand. She gave it to Effie and told her to bite on it. With hesitation, she did and the stone cracked in half, letting water flow into her mouth. "Why not drink from the pool." "That's used for other things. Only Litleo or visitors. Or the person in charge of this den, which is me." "It seems to get pretty lonely." "The cubs love me," Tea boasted, and Effie narrowed her eyes, smirking. "I mean... when their mothers let me. The only mother that lets me see their cubs is Mind. She has many offspring, but the cubs she's had since I've been here were Smoke, Steam, Magma and Solar." "She must have a nice large family," Effie said sadly, and Tea sat in front of her. "Sorren is not your fault," The audino said quietly, blue eyes staring directly into Effie's, "And Wilt destroyed your family tree. At those words, Effie froze, but not too long until a pyroar entered, blinking sweetly at Tea. "Is that Mind?" "Clarity is no Mind. She is expecting, however," Tea smiled at Clarity. "Do you need another stone?" "A big one this time." "Sorry, Effie," The pokemon made her way over to a pile and picked up an awkwardly shaped stone before waddling over to Clarity, who bit on it and left. Tea turned back to Effie and sat down. "How do you know about Sorren and Wilt?" "I heard. Talonflames don't hang around there anymore, the rain is too cold for their feathers, but here the rain is hot and they come and talk to me sometimes." "... Ah-" Lilac sprang out of the pool, looking at her mother. She then frowned as she saw her hurt expression. "I'll go find Sora." As she left, Tea looked straight into Effie's dark eyes, and her gaze unwavered. "Don't be too careful, Effie."
As soon as Effie headed out, Song stood over her, weak eyes blinking slowly. "We're assorting you all to dens. No family, though," She began to rasp. Effie nodded as Song looked around. "You can stay with Cave, Guide and Speech, although Speech has two almost ready to evolve cubs." "What are their names?" Effie asked politely, and Song grinned. "Ink and Dream. They're children of the new leader around here." "And that is...?" Song stayed quiet, seeing a large pyroar sit beside a relaxing one, who's breaths often went out of tune. "Tear. He broke the rule for naming a while ago but we can't hold it up against him." "Why can't Spell do it, Song?" The pale pyroar said nothing, the streaked yellow fur on her head became blank and it didn't move in the wind anymore. She watched her son talk to Sol through the small crack, and she sighed. "He'd need a mate first, but Guide already has her own cub, despite her age, who's already fully grown and is Tear's standby. Gem already hates Spell, and would drive him out if he got with Guide." "But you were once a leader." Song shrugged, "My mate died on his own. I have no control over the younger pyroar." Effie stayed quiet. She looked sorrowfully at Song, who laughed. "Don't feel bad for me, Effie. You don't have time to do that." "What does that mean?" Song looked at her before moving away.

Chapter Five

"And so I said to him," Effie heard as she watched Spell leave. She didn't want to yell a thank you to him. "You're leader, you can do what you'd like." "Wow, Speech," A new voice came in, and it rumbled sweetly. "No wonder your cubs are so well, you have made your mate the best leader." "Thank you, Cave." A male voice came in. "You're very much welcome, Ink." As Effie tried to slip in, the pyroar turned their head to study her. Speech's eyes sparkled with happiness at once as a darker coloured litleo sat beside a white-mixed litleo. "Ah! Our new member! Welcome! I'm Speech, this is Ink," Speech looked at dark coloured litleo, "and this is Dream," she looked at the light coloured litleo. "Effie," The shiny espeon closed her eyes and smiled. A pyroar gasped. "Ohh! Song told me about you," The voice of Cave touched Effie. "I'm Cave, nice to meet you." "I'm Guide," A pyroar sniffed, and in the dim light Effie could see the pyroar's eyes were scratched. A blind pokemon. "We've heard stories about your canyon," Dream piped up, eyes glittering, "must be so great, being leader." "I wasn-" "She wasn't," Speech whispered to Dream. "... Yeah. I was actually just Canyon Born. I left then came back with new friends, the new of the Canyon." "Sounds fun... Speech! I wanna do it!" Ink chirped, and Speech curled her tail around his mouth. Effie looked at him and made her way to the back of the den, curling up. She looked at the species. "May I ask a question?" "Go ahead," Guide answered, and Effie could see why Spell was interested in her. "Well, what's your thought about Sol?" "Sol?" Speech snorted so hard she choked. "Well, she might be good-blooded but she's no longer important." "She has cubs now, I heard them," Guide ignored her. "I knew her when I was little. She ran off to find her destiny. She was a great mother, and Corin's a good choice." "I'd think so," Speech laughed. "Oh, don't joke, Guide." "I'm serious, troubled mind." She's.... special. Cave looked at the two before flattening her ears. "Don't be a fool, Guide." "Same goes for you. Both," Guide growled, "Have you forgotten my son is next in line? Sure he's breaking the code, but-" "He's too young." "His eyes are set," Guide forced her words, trying to ignore Speech, "Gem is a very good pyroar." "Yeah yeah," Cave slurred, and eventually passed out. "Guide," Effie suddenly heard Tea's voice. The blind pyroar stood up and slid outside, and that's the last thing she saw.
Effie woke up to an empty den, apart from Dream, who obviously got her name from her wild motions in sleep. She smiled at Speech's daughter before squeezing out the den. Then she saw a pyroar stand of a cliff, dawn sun rising behind him. Speech stood way below him, but above the large group below. Lilac turned her head and skipped up to her mother, and both eeveelutions watched Tear's fire mane wave. "Canyons of Fire Souls," He began, his shaped eyes going across the crowd, "We have new visitors, thanks to Song," He grinned at the pale pokemon who's fur waved now. "We must treat them equally." Speech flinched, and her eyes dragged on Effie, but she looked away as he continued. "Just think there are loads of Teas joining us. Not so bad," He raised his head so the sun beamed on his small nose. "That is all." "Thank you, Tear." The pyroar murmured, and then Effie's group repeated. "Why did she look at you like that?" Lilac stared at her mother as she saw her fur glow. "I don't know," Effie muttered darkly, and she sighed as Lilac pushed into her side

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page