PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

ability to search certain pokemon species in fields from Daycare

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Pretty basic suggestion, I'd like to be able to search for pokemon species in the daycare instead of having to switch between fields and daycare to see what fields my pokemon I want to breed are. Positives: makes making breeding pairs so much easier!! Cons: I literally can't think of any, this would save soo much time
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
Yes. I'd absolutely love this idea. I thought it was weird that you couldn't search your fields during trades or daycare. It would save so much time and hassle not having to open another tab just to find one pokemon. I'd be thrilled if this could extend to trades as well so dex trading becomes much easier. I don't see any downside to this and it seems fairly easy to implement, it would be a big quality of life update. I figured a button could be added right next to the allign to grid option that just says something along the lines of search. There's plenty of space and it wouldn't add too much clutter.
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104625065 / 200,000,000
selocon's Avatarselocon
Any time I see a suggestion with no cons and the reasoning of "I couldn't think of any", I cringe. While you might not see any on the surface, looking deeper I can think of one: How would this work, exactly? In the fields we have the menu in the corner with tons of different options in it, but in the daycare we only have Align to Grid. Would the search function be able to work the same? This is a question you really need to consider. I don't know of the background workings of the site, but there's a bit of a hesitation to support without knowing if such a feature can actually work.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0

QUOTE originally posted by Shiro-san

I figured a button could be added right next to the allign to grid option that just says something along the lines of search. There's plenty of space and it wouldn't add too much clutter.
I had the button placement there originally as a con. Shiro-san pointed this out and I agree. The search field function is already perfect in the fields alot like the align to grid function. I agree that saying "hahah this suggestion has no flaws!" Is cringe. But this suggestion is nothing big enough to nuisance other players. I honestly only see it as a little bonus for people who use the dqycare function a lot and have the absolute messiest fields on the planet (aka me and definitely a few others)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Optimus Prime

people who use the dqycare function a lot and have the absolute messiest fields on the planet (aka me and definitely a few others)
Sounds like you don't like the consequences of not taking proper care of your Pokémon :p
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Optimus Prime

people who use the dqycare function a lot and have the absolute messiest fields on the planet (aka me and definitely a few others)
Sounds like you don't like the consequences of not taking proper care of your Pokémon :p
Dont take this the wrong way but the organize fields tab is th most tedious thing ever when you have a lot of fields. Its super hard to move fields. You have to drop them alot scroll and pick them up again. It makes having organized fields really hard hahaha And since field text is so tiny my monkey brain has trouble picking them out even if i named them. Also! messy fields aside, say i wanted to breed skitty, i have a single skitty in a 'normal fields' but i have a special skitty too that would make a good pair in a special field, but i have 10 special fields, id have to search all of those in the daycare to find it. also when youre on mobile and it's minisprites, it's hard to do that (Haha also i like playing the game ie clicking, being interactive or doing trades more than i like organizing my fields just so I can find pokemon quicker then the search field function is great. Should just be implemented in other places onsite)
selocon's Avatarselocon
Landscape mode. Brings up normal sized sprites on mobile. Also, click "align to grid" and you can select the pokemon from that.

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Landscape mode. Brings up normal sized sprites on mobile. Also, click "align to grid" and you can select the pokemon from that.
Landscapeing mode on mobile is not a solve all. Its very uncomfortable for some people. Like making someone right handed use a mouse with their left hand. Even then looking through 40 pokemon takes a while especially if you don't know what field they are in. As of right now when i want to make breeding pairs i have to go to my fields search the mon i want to breed menorize the four or five fields i have them in then go back. It is not easy to memorize what fields you need to be in while looking for gender and pair percentage as well as searching for that specie in each field. Making pairs is enough micro managing now as it is. This would make it s bit easier.
I agree with you. I don't think "landscape mode/auto rotate exists" is a good enough reason for a suggestion like this to not exist. Sure, it does exist, but it's a hassle. You can't view an entire field in landscape mode and you have to scroll, and then your phone thinks you want a toolbar and the toolbar comes up and blocks more of the screen. Yes, it does show the full sprite instead of the minisprite, but a suggestion like this is just helpful. I can think of another example of when this might be useful that's pretty relevant to me right now: Unown. To breed those things you need specific ones, and it would be so much easier if I could search for, say, my P form from the DayCare instead of searching through many similar-looking Unown for it. If you ask me, really, we should be able to search fields period, everywhere, whether we're searching ours for a multitude of reasons, or other peoples'. There are over a thousand Pokemon now and many people have thousands more atop that.
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.

QUOTE originally posted by TransientReality

There are over a thousand Pokemon now and many people have thousands more atop that.
This^^^^ is a perfect reason to implement this. There is almost no way someone with around 3000 pokemon can perfectly orgnize their fields to search mon species without them being spread over fields apart. There are so many pokemon that even the most organized fields people can lose track of their mons...

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page