PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New game hype, reminder of spoiler policy

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Nintendo very recently announced new Pokémon games. Everyone is understandably excited about Sword and Shield, but before you go running around the forums flailing with your arms above your head and excitedly spewing details everywhere...

STOP!

It's all well and good to want to discuss the new games, but as always, there are people who don't want to know anything about them until they get them. Those of you who were around for the release of UltraSun and UltraMoon will probably know what I'm getting at, but for those who don't, I'll explain further. We, the staff, respect the choices of those who want to remain spoiler-free, and we require our users to do the same. As such, we are forbidding all spoilers, except in the designated thread in the Pokémon Games section of the forum, found here. However, anything you post there MUST be put in double hide tags that are clearly marked as containing spoilers.

Example

[hide="Spoiler alert!"] [hide="Are you sure?"] Spoiler goes here. [/hide] [/hide] Gives you:

Spoiler alert!

Are you sure?

Spoiler goes here.
There are to be no pictures in avatars or signatures, or on userpages. There are to be no video links or links to sites that have posted spoilers, no spoilers revealed in text, and no links to such. There are to be no spoilers given in PMs to someone who has not expressly stated at least twice that they want them. This is the only warning you're going to be given. We're dead serious here, folks; people have the right to not have spoilers thrown in their faces wherever they look. Let's keep it on the down-low so those people can keep the contents of the new games a surprise for themselves.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
TigTiggoTigs's AvatarTigTiggoTigs
I'm excited but everyone has a unique spoiler policy for themselves. People who love spoilers can discuss them elsewhere, and people who hate spoilers can be safe here ^_^ Having a no-spoiler policy actually makes the announcement more exciting, bigger, and more important, to me at least. Hype!
Tig, they/them, avatar made by me
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Are we allowed to post spoilers to our journals, given that they're marked with the double hidebox spoiler warning? Or are they forbidden Literally Everywhere Besides That One Singular Thread? :o
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Are we allowed to be vague. Like could i make my trainer card

Is this a spoiler?

Just in case spoiler!

New water starter is my BABY!
without the hidboxes
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Thank you for this rule. I love going into new games as blind as possible (I even unsub from Poketubers for a few months!) So knowing that places like this acknowledge that and make an effort to help me is a huge plus. Kudos to you all for doing this yet again, it was a huge help with S/M/USUM.
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.
Steven Quartz's AvatarSteven Quartz

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

Are we allowed to post spoilers to our journals, given that they're marked with the double hidebox spoiler warning? Or are they forbidden Literally Everywhere Besides That One Singular Thread? :o
I assume you are so long as you specify it's pokemon game spoilers.
19 || they || GMT --☆-- icon / bg (c) : steven universe
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
"As such, we are forbidding all spoilers, except in the designated thread in the Pokémon Games section of the forum" I would expect if you have to ask here, and it is not yet already Explicitly stated you Can do it, I would suggest you err on the side of Not getting yourself in Trouble and not do it. Double hide boxes or not. Also, if I remember correctly, this policy on this site extends a significant amount of time PAST the Release of the new game(s) themselves, so as to allow users on here to discover things for themselves in the games at a leisurely pace. (Staff can confirm).
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 3049 pts Current Shiny Hunt 6/394 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Kymahwolf's AvatarKymahwolf
One thing i LOVE about you guys is this. I hate spoilers!!! While this particular thing wouldnt bother me, I have many shows/series i cant stand spoilers for, so i thank you guys for making an effort to keep them off the site and well hidden :D I once had someone on twitter post spoilers for Steven Univers's FINALE less than 24 hours after the show aired stating "24 hours seems long enough" *not when you dont have cable and was away all weekend* So its nice to see people actually concerned for spoilers as I am and actually respecting those who like surprise. 💙
Icon drawn by me :3
Caramel123's AvatarCaramel123
Maybe pratcially everyone in the multiverse seen the trailer, but I was expecting Crown and Scepter, maybe... Switch: Sword & Shield 3ds/2ds: Crown & Scepter Very unlikely, but hey, I wanted those buggo legends... (I don't think this is spoiling...?)

Spolier

Hey Listen!

All the starters are best boys, but the BOONY is my choice.
Check out the fakemon mmo, https://pokengine.org!
Cecilia's AvatarCecilia

QUOTE originally posted by Caramel123

Maybe pratcially everyone in the multiverse seen the trailer, but I was expecting Crown and Scepter, maybe... Switch: Sword & Shield 3ds/2ds: Crown & Scepter Very unlikely, but hey, I wanted those buggo legends... (I don't think this is spoiling...?)

Spolier

Hey Listen!

All the starters are best boys, but the BOONY is my choice.
Funny story, but my friend made up a region for an RP they made a year ago called Pokemon Crown and Scepter, and the made-up region is based off the same place as Sword and Shield.

spoiler question

not even sure if this mon is a spoiler still

So is it safe to talk about Meltan and Melemetal now?
Also, any way we can get a list of staff we can pm regarding asking what is/is not spoilers? Wouldnt wanna accidentally pm a staff member who doesnt want spoilers about potential spoilers :x
All hail Lord Giratina! Collecting Griseous Orbs. [Profile pic is of me, by me.] People are confusing. Feel free to message me about art though ^^

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page