PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Albino Radar Overhaul

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 789

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
With the goal of removing features that "punish" players for not being online every day, the Albino Radar is seeing an overhaul. Starting tomorrow (Feb 23rd), the Albino Radar will no longer allow you to type in whatever amount of IP you want. Nor will you have to slowly level it up over the course of a week and actively prevent it from de-leveling. Instead, you can pick directly from the 7 levels. The higher levels provide greater boosts, but at much higher cost. Efficiency-wise, Level 1 is the best "value" for your IP, but for such a tiny chance... you're better off getting the highest level you can afford :D Before I go into boost amounts, I'd like to mention that the percentages shown on the Albino Hunting page have been wrong. Turns out they were using an old version of the formula and as a result the numbers were very wrong... Here's the actual boosts for the current system using the "Level up" IP at each level, and the max, as compared to the values from the Wiki: Lv1: +0.1% +0.1% Lv2: +100.2% +25.34% Lv3: +202.6% +51.24% Lv4: +310.6% +79.43% Lv5: +442.0% +116.00% Lv6: +681.9% +189.29% Lv7: +2216.8% +650.09% Max: +16284.0% +2825.71% Quite a difference! Big "oops" there. This should not have happened, but it was "only" a display issue. The percentages haven't changed, they were just displayed using the wrong formula. Now that that's out of the way, here's how the boosts will look with the new system: Lv1: Base chance Lv2: +100% Lv3: +300% Lv4: +700% Lv5: +1180% Lv6: +2175% Lv7: +3313% This is why it was important to bring up the fact that the currently listed values are wrong. While the new chances are less than the (incorrect) listed values, the whole system is getting a buff. You know what else is getting a buff? Z-Crystals. Before: +33% After: +100%! Much better. This buff is effective immediately.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kinshine's AvatarKinshine
This sounds amazing. Im really happy to see this and to have Z crystals buffed! Edit - First to post :)
Avatar by: Nettle Bee | Pixel by: Bufuserk
ShadowNova's AvatarShadowNova
Amazing <3
Avatar made by deliciousbread for me
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Aw, nice. I'm so glad we're getting a boost, both to the normal radar levels as well as the z-crystals need to buy more now. The leveling update does not affect me, but I'm glad we can pick freely now. I'm sure it's helpful and less annoying to level up the radar. Good update!
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
furina's Avatarfurina
Sir! Sir! This is it, chief!
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
Caramel123's AvatarCaramel123
Wait, I wonder, what does the boost mean in a 1/100 ratio chance of getting an albino At first, I though you were getting rid of the albino radar...
Check out the fakemon mmo, https://pokengine.org!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
AAAAAAAAAAA So!!!!!!!!! hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally a use for the absurd excess of IP so many of us have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally more albinos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAA + that z crystal buff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAA
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
söbble's Avatarsöbble
I'm so happy to see this buff! Z~crystals seemed so useless half the time they seemed as if they weren't worth it - I'm guessing this will turn that completely around. Just speculation: I wonder if this is all moving towards a melan chaining system that breaks with each melan, like was tentatively brought up somewhere on the suggestion forum awhile back? I feel like all these features (memory stick, higher powered z~crystals especially) are more geared towards a system like that.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
Will the cost for each level be displayed? As in, you'd know how much IP you'd be sacrifcing for whichever level you choose. Also, will the costs change? E.g. will the IP cost for lvl 7 change or remain at 100k IP?
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
tulip5366's Avatartulip5366
This is cool!! Now I don’t have to worry about de-leveling!! :D
DAToyhou.seTumblr ❤ Avatar & Image from 'FGO'
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Art from the FGO Fandom Wiki

Pages: 123··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page