PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Lot of Legend Hunting Questions!

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 12

nerdofnerds's Avatarnerdofnerds
Hello! I'm reaching the point where I feel comfortable beginning to plan for my eventual Melan Suicune hunt, but as I've only successfully Melan-hunted a handful of non-Legendaries so far, I find myself with a decent amount of questions! First, is there a Legend Hunter Group or Clan anywhere in the Forums? Or do Legend Hunters primarily speak with each other via PMs? Is there a channel for Legend Hunters on the official PFQ Discord? (I'm familiar with Discord, but haven't joined the PFQ one yet ^^) Second, how would Legend Hunters recommend going about saving up Summon Items? I know it's common practice to buy them for a certain amount of currency and let offers roll in, but how much currency should I set aside? I've been buying zc occasionally now that I have a steady job; should I buy some specifically for Summon Items? Third, going off of the previous set of questions, should I attempt to hunt spare Melans to sell in order to build up Summon Item funds? I tend to average one Melan every 1.5k~2k eggs(particularly on my longer/dedicated hunts), though I'm well aware of the fickleness of luck. It tends to take me a month to reach 1k eggs, though this also varies with Badges and EHP and whatnot. I currently don't particularly think it's worth it, but I'd like thoughts on the matter to help decide! Fourth, I'm assuming that I should hit Wishalloy with my Water Badge to maximize my EXP gained. Any other ways to max EXP and eggs hatched daily? Tips and tricks, daily click goals, things of that nature? Fifth, going back to Summon Items and other Hunters, are there Summon Swap Shops or anything of the sort set up to swap Summons with other Legendary Hunters? Or should I reach out to others collecting Summons and ask if they'd be willing to swap any of the Summons we get the other needs? (I see people collecting Summons for friends of theirs quite often, but I'm Forum-shy and also fairly PM-shy, so I'm afraid I haven't actually spoken with many of the people I'm fond of here ^^; ) Finally, any tips for advertising my hunt? I see many Summon Item Counters in signatures and what people pay for said summons; do those actually get people to sell their Summons to the Hunter? I'll be redoing my About and adding a Counter there as well, but I'm also wondering if those bring in business or just function as markers for the Hunter to remember by ^^; Also, should I absolutely set up a Shop before the Hunt, or is that just a more reliable way to bring in business? Thank you for reading through my rather bulky post, and for any answers or assistance you may offer! I'm determined to be well-prepared for this hunt, and I appreciate your time and thoughts! I hope you have pleasant days, and wish you luck on your respective hunts!
Icon from the official 07 Ghost manga!
I don't have a lot of answers since I'm doing my first shiny hunt, but here's a good list of people to mass-click by Suría Here
Profile pic made by me, for PFQ.
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
Well, I'm actually planning a legend hunt myself, although it's one of the harder ones being type null. But I'll do my best to try and answer all of your questions since I have a lot of experience on the trade forums. First off, I'm not active on the discord, but I haven't heard of a legend hunter group. You could always make one and set it up as a hub for legend hunters to swap/ buy summons. The discussion thread would be a good spot to put it as a way for hunters to communicate with each other. Each person has their own way of gathering summons. Zc is the most common method and ice fangs tend to go for around 50zc. But you can offer gp or credits as well as swapping other summons. What you want to do with your zc is completely up to you, whether or not you think it's worth buying some for summons. There are plenty of methods for gaining currency. If you hunt popular melans like charmander or eevee and you have a somewhat reliable method of getting them then go for it. Hatching melans every 1.5-2k eggs is unfair. Other currency gathering methods is selling boxboxes as they go for around 100-105zc. Growing perfect berries and selling them in the market is another method for gaining credits, which is useful if you ever run out of summons and need to use the egg supplier. Wishalloy is a helpful boost, but isn't necessary. It'll make hatching eggs a bit easier, but you can still do a hunt without it. If you melan hunt a water type starter you can gain currency and upgrade your badge at once. There are some shops that swap summons and some will allow you to reserve summons so when they receive one you'll be the only one who can buy it. You can also make a post of the trade thread looking for summon collectors. If you need ice fangs I can try and collect some for you as well since I'm fairly active. If you tell me how much you want to buy them for I'll try to collect some. I was fairly shy as well, but I've gotten used to forums now. If you need me to I can also create a thread buying ice fangs if you are too nervous to do it yourself. Summon counters do help to a degree I think. If you put one in your signature and underneath it say "collecting ice fangs for x currency, send a pm or trade if interested" you can pull in some more business that way. The more you post around the forums the more advertising you'd get. This is fairly long winded, but hopefully this answers all of your questions. If you need to know anything else I can try to help and good luck with your hunt. (I'd definitely buy a shiny suicune from you.)
All art and coding by me.Adopt Shop-My Art/Life Journal
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 58619025 / 200,000,000
Thank you for your responses! BulbasaurEva: I’ll subscribe to that, thank you! It’ll be handy ^^ Shiro1877: Gosh, thanks for the in-depth response! I’ll see if there’s any more interest in a Legendary Hunter group discussion and swap thread; if so, I’ll make it! You have good points about currency; I’ll probably offer things like low exp shinies and items for summons as well. Thinking about it, I know I have a lot of hunts planned(I have a spreadsheet to keep track, haha), so I might go for a Water type Melan hunt soon and let that build up my gems and currency at the same time! And I’m already a Boxbox hunter and berry grower, but I haven’t fussed with perfect berries in forever so I’ll give that a shot! Ok Paskey around for summon reserving, and I’d absolutely appreciate it if you would help me collect! Since the Fangs have been going for 50 zc I’ll be buying them at that price for now ^^ I’m fine with making threads, I just want to wait to make it a few days so I can stock up on more zc first. And thank you for the counter feedback! I was really wondering about them, haha. Overall, thanks for the really good answers on things! I’d still like the advice of others, so I’ll leave this open, but I’ll definitely keep what you’ve said in mind ^^
Mouse 13's AvatarMouse 13
Quite frankly, it would be cheaper to buy the shiny/albino/melan legends you want, than to save up to hunt for them. At 50zc per summon, say you save up 1500 summons- that's 75,000zc. way, way, way more than what a melan legend is actually worth, and you might not even get a melan from the hunt. Suicune is one of the more hunted legends, so there might be a few melans floating around for sale? I haven't been in the trade forums for while. as for selling off the hunt extras, the market for that is also pretty dead. people would generally rather buy a normal melan than a shiny legend (they're roughly in the same price range), so I gave up collecting for most of my planned legend hunts. if you're stil willing to sink that much zc into the hunt & take the 2 or so years to collect enough summons, then I wish you good luck, but I wouldn't reccomend it
tapu fini hunt:96/160
melan regigigas hunt:46/1500
See, it would be cheaper to buy them, true; but I want to hunt them myself! I want the satisfaction of hatching specials myself, even if I don’t hatch a Melan. I want to hunt my favorite Pokémon in the entire series, and I want to do it well ^^ Also, I’d like to argue with you on the Shiny Legend market! It’s very active, and I can confirm as I’ve bought a number of them recently! Several sets of shiny legends got snapped up before I had the chance to post at all, within a few hours of the thread going up! I appreciate the concern, but I am well and truly set on my decision and that’s why I was asking for tips on how to do it. You telling me not to do it at all, well...I hope this isn’t rude, but it isn’t helpful at all ^^;
rmcqu1's Avatarrmcqu1
Don't feel like reading all of the responses, so sorry for any repeat info.

QUOTE originally posted by nerdofnerds

First, is there a Legend Hunter Group or Clan anywhere in the Forums? Or do Legend Hunters primarily speak with each other via PMs and on Discord? Is there a channel for Legend Hunters on the official PFQ Discord? (I'm familiar with Discord, but haven't joined the PFQ one yet ^^)
As far as I know, there are at least a few Discord groups for summon collectors to help them collect their summons; I'm in one myself, and I know of at least 2 others. Some of these limit collectors to 1/summon, so it might be hard to find one with an open spot. There's also some private PFQ Discord servers floating around that might be good places to get summons, but with PFQ banning advertising them, they're hard to find. Also people create personal summon collector lists. There's nothing special on the PFQ Discord.

Second, how would Legend Hunters recommend going about saving up Summon Items? I know it's common practice to buy them for a certain amount of currency and let offers roll in, but how much currency should I set aside? I've been buying zc occasionally now that I have a steady job; should I buy some specifically for Summon Items?
I'm currently collecting Sapphire Orbs for a double melan Kyogre hunt. The best way to collect summons is to just have trade threads buying them. Also having it in your trade shop give people somewhere else to sell them to yoy, and trainer card and signature help to tell people you're buying. Also keep an eye out in the trade/trade shop forums for people selling them. For pricing, just find a price that is reasonable for your collected summon. Having a bit of currency set aside to buy your summons is helpful so you don't miss out on any summons. It's best to collect at least 1k summons before starting, though it's up to you how many to collect. I'm starting at 500. Xaandiir's collecting Wishing Stones and is starting at 2-3k.

Third, going off of the previous set of questions, should I attempt to hunt spare Melans to sell in order to build up Summon Item funds? I tend to average one Melan every 1.5k~2k eggs(particularly on my longer/dedicated hunts), though I'm well aware of the fickleness of luck. It tends to take me a month to reach 1k eggs, though this also varies with Badges and EHP and whatnot. I currently don't particularly think it's worth it, but I'd like thoughts on the matter to help decide!
However you want to save up currency is up to you. Melan hunting is a bit of an iffy plan. You could get a quick melan, or it could take forever, and it might be hard to sell for a reasonable amount. Though, if you don't have any melans you want personally, it'll just fill excess time.

Fourth, I'm assuming that I should hit Wishalloy with my Water Badge to maximize my EXP gained. Any other ways to max EXP and eggs hatched daily? Tips and tricks, daily click goals, things of that nature?
Wishalloy of the legend's type is a very good idea. Other ways you could increase clicks and EXP is by hunting RUS and using LE/SLE. You can also get an EXP bonus by having a hatched Pokemon of that species in your party while hatching eggs. This'll take up a party spot, so it's up to you to decide which works better for you.

Fifth, going back to Summon Items and other Hunters, are there Summon Swap Shops or anything of the sort set up to swap Summons with other Legendary Hunters? Or should I reach out to others collecting Summons and ask if they'd be willing to swap any of the Summons we get the other needs? (I see people collecting Summons for friends of theirs quite often, but I'm Forum-shy and also fairly PM-shy, so I'm afraid I haven't actually spoken with many of the people I'm fond of here ^^; )
There's quite a few shops with summon swapping out there; they'd be a good place to look to swap uncollected summons. Also, other collectors would love to get their collected summons, so they'd gladly swap summons (If they have you collected summon, and with currency to balance out the values if needed), or straight up buy them, giving you some extra currency to buy your summons. Collectors will also prioritize selling uncollected summons to friends, so it might be benificial to get to know some collectors, or just players in general. I know friends I've made here have helped me get most of my Sapphire Orbs.

Finally, any tips for advertising my hunt? I see many Summon Item Counters in signatures and what people pay for said summons; do those actually get people to sell their Summons to the Hunter? I'll be redoing my About and adding a Counter there as well, but I'm also wondering if those bring in business or just function as markers for the Hunter to remember by ^^; Also, should I absolutely set up a Shop before the Hunt, or is that just a more reliable way to bring in business?
As I said before, trainer card/about me and sig are good places to put that you're collecting. Not sure how much they help, but at the least, people will know you're collecting, and will go to you if they have a summon to sell and don't know anyone else buying. Also having a trade thread helps to bring in some summons, and if you have a trade shop, listing it there won't hurt. It wouldn't hurt to make a trade shop. It'd be a place where you can list everything you're buying and selling, and maybe build up a group of regular buyers/sellers. Also I'd just like to give my input into what Mouse 13 said. On top of being kind of rude-sounding and unnecessary, it's also pretty flawed.

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

Quite frankly, it would be cheaper to buy the shiny/albino/melan legends you want, than to save up to hunt for them. At 50zc per summon, say you save up 1500 summons- that's 75,000zc. way, way, way more than what a melan legend is actually worth, and you might not even get a melan from the hunt.
Firstly, it may be cheaper to buy shiny and albino legends from others, but finding a melan legend for sale is very rare. Secondly, if you did find a melan legend for sale, it'd not be priced "way, way, way more" than its worth. On the contrary, the seller is probably selling for much less than the actual value of the melan. Awhile back, when I was collecting Terracotta Epees (One of the cheapest summons), I estimated the actual value of a melan Terrakion (Based on cost of summons, shiny/albino hunting items [Charms, Crystals, ect], and the actual time spend clicking) for a lucky melan at a 1k chain (Pretty early) at several thousand USD. Melan legends would be lucky to sell for more than about 80 USD. Even then, people will complain it's too expensive. I have someone who commisioned me to melan hunt Palkia for them for at the least 200k zc. In short, you're severely underpaying a melan legend seller by buying straight from them and not the other way around. In order to not underpay them, you'd have to pay the price of the summons they used, plus the price of the hunting items, plus the value of the time they put in to hatch it. Melan legends (20-30k EHP eggs) are not quick or easy work.

Suicune is one of the more hunted legends, so there might be a few melans floating around for sale? I haven't been in the trade forums for while.
I've never seen a melan Suicune for sale. The last melan legend I saw for sale was melan Victini, and that was a few months ago. And even if it is "one of the more hunted legends," there's still only 1 melan Suicune on the entire site, so there's not "a few melans floating around." It'd probably be a good idea to check your facts before answering.

as for selling off the hunt extras, the market for that is also pretty dead. people would generally rather buy a normal melan than a shiny legend (they're roughly in the same price range), so I gave up collecting for most of my planned legend hunts.
It might be hard to sell extra shinies and albinos for what they should be worth, if you lower the price enough, there'll be shiny/albino collectors and people working on living dexes buying them. Maybe not super fast, but they'll get sold after awhile. The reason people buy melans over shiny legends is for DP. Melans are worth much more DP than shiny legends.

if you're stil willing to sink that much zc into the hunt & take the 2 or so years to collect enough summons, then I wish you good luck, but I wouldn't reccomend it
Whether or not someone wants to collect and hunt a legend is completely up to them and it's kind of rude to tell someone not to do something, especially when they were asking for tips to help them collect/hunt better and not opinions on whether or not they should do it. As they said, they want to hunt the legend themselves. Depending on how actively you're collecting your summons, it could only take a few months to collect. I know people who've collected super quickly, especially with the more common summons. Sorry about the super long post, but I hope this helps. :D
Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
1000 Summon goal! Melan Kyogre hunt! Buying them with zc in my shop! Will offer a higher price for giant bulk purchases!
Mouse 13's AvatarMouse 13

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

Also I'd just like to give my input into what Mouse 13 said. On top of being kind of rude-sounding and unnecessary, it's also pretty flawed.
how was I rude?

Quite frankly, it would be cheaper to buy the shiny/albino/melan legends you want, than to save up to hunt for them. At 50zc per summon, say you save up 1500 summons- that's 75,000zc. way, way, way more than what a melan legend is actually worth, and you might not even get a melan from the hunt.
Firstly, it may be cheaper to buy shiny and albino legends from others, but finding a melan legend for sale is very rare. Secondly, if you did find a melan legend for sale, it'd not be priced "way, way, way more" than its worth. On the contrary, the seller is probably selling for much less than the actual value of the melan. Awhile back, when I was collecting Terracotta Epees (One of the cheapest summons), I estimated the actual value of a melan Terrakion (Based on cost of summons, shiny/albino hunting items [Charms, Crystals, ect], and the actual time spend clicking) for a lucky melan at a 1k chain (Pretty early) at several thousand USD. Melan legends would be lucky to sell for more than about 80 USD. Even then, people will complain it's too expensive. I have someone who commisioned me to melan hunt Palkia for them for at the least 200k zc. In short, you're severely underpaying a melan legend seller by buying straight from them and not the other way around. In order to not underpay them, you'd have to pay the price of the summons they used, plus the price of the hunting items, plus the value of the time they put in to hatch it. Melan legends (20-30k EHP eggs) are not quick or easy work.
Yes it's rare to find one for sale, but it's not unheard of. and I am sure I saw a melan suicune for sale.. so either it was that only one on site, or the other got (very sadly) delta'd. I very much hope I was just seeing things, and imagined it for sale in this case "Secondly, if you did find a melan legend for sale, it'd not be priced "way, way, way more" than its worth." 1- that wasn't what I said at all, read it again.. 2- I have not seen a melan, of any sort, sell for over 15k zc (outside of commissions), which is still way less than what it would cost to collect the summons. "the seller is probably selling for much less than the actual value of the melan" the value of anything sold, is what the buyer is willing to pay for it and what the seller is willing to sell for. If you can find anyone willing, and able, to pay 75k zc for a melan legend, I have not come across them. their "value" is not equal to the cost of what it took to hunt them. that kind of ideal market doesn't really exist. Commissions are drastically different from just hunting and selling a melan you decided to hunt randomly. For a Commission, as you did, you'd expect the buyer to cover the cost of the hunt- which is something that doesn't happen when you're hunting for yourself and just selling extras. "In short, you're severely underpaying a melan legend seller by buying straight from them and not the other way around." 'in short', you're hurting these melan legend sellers by not buying from them. some profit is a lot better than no profit. what you're saying here doesn't even remotely make sense, because the only way you can help them out is to buy from them. no sales= no covering of costs.

as for selling off the hunt extras, the market for that is also pretty dead. people would generally rather buy a normal melan than a shiny legend (they're roughly in the same price range), so I gave up collecting for most of my planned legend hunts.
It might be hard to sell extra shinies and albinos for what they should be worth, if you lower the price enough, there'll be shiny/albino collectors and people working on living dexes buying them. Maybe not super fast, but they'll get sold after awhile.
uh what? lower the price? are shiny hunters just not as important as melan hunters, and don't deserve to have their costs covered? You're confusing me with what point you're trying to get across here. you jumped on the defence of melan hunters needing to cover their costs and we're underpaying them, but now recommend that shiny/albino hunters severely underprice their hunt extras? Yes you will have to underprice to sell anything off, but this includes melans, not just albinos and shinies. no matter how eager users are to buy them, most just simply don't have the currency. not to mention most people don't seem as interested in legends as some of the normal pokemon designs (and hey, there are a lot that are better than the legend designs)

if you're still willing to sink that much zc into the hunt & take the 2 or so years to collect enough summons, then I wish you good luck, but I wouldn't recommend it
Whether or not someone wants to collect and hunt a legend is completely up to them and it's kind of rude to tell someone not to do something, especially when they were asking for tips to help them collect/hunt better and not opinions on whether or not they should do it. As they said, they want to hunt the legend themselves.
I never once said not to do it, I said I recommend not doing it. if you're going to call me out, do it on what I actually said. Sorry for being honest about the costs and struggles of what they're getting into? Sorry for trying to save people ZC and help out hunters? I mean, 75,000zc is a lot, with no guaranteed melan, and with 1500 hatches they might not even get 10 albinos. (has happened to be before with a regular hunt) Especially if they're buying ZC with IRL money, it's VERY important to know what you're getting into before you start a hunt. Do you have any idea how crushing it is to sink so much hard earned money/currency into something and not get what you want at all? feels like accidentally throwing a money onto a bonfire. Would you want anyone to go into a hunt thinking "oh this'll cost a few 1000 zc to get the summons but I can sell a single shiny for way more than that!!" and yes, I have seen people go into hunts thinking this. Not everyone knows what they're doing let me put it this way "oh playing with fire is fun" "I wouldn't recommend that, you could burn yourself" "wow you're so rude for pointing that out! they can do what they want and you shouldn't tell people what to do!" -.-

I appreciate the concern, but I am well and truly set on my decision and that’s why I was asking for tips on how to do it. You telling me not to do it at all, well...I hope this isn’t rude, but it isn’t helpful at all ^^;
I didn't say not to go ahead with your hunt, I was mostly just outlining what's involved, and recommend not doing it if you weren't aware of what you're getting into. (and I have come across people before who mistakenly think hunting something yourself is cheaper.) I see very few people who legend hunt and come out of the hunt happy or satisfied, and 0 who have covered their costs, so it's very worrying for me whenever someone sets themselves goals like this. Even just hunting Bunbori, which you don't have to collect summons for, drained it out of me enough to make me leave Q for.. (6 months? i'm not sure how long I was gone) and I wasn't even aiming for a melan, just one (1) albino, which I sold out of frustration. So, I was mostly just concerned for you, as while you might know what you're getting into, I had no idea if you know what you're getting into. but, you know, I'll stop trying to save people time, money and happiness. apparently it's rude to tell people that playing with fire is dangerous.
Karakara's AvatarKarakara
Hi there ^^ Mouse 13 is right it is a long and expensive road to go and you have to be determined on it. Expect your collection to take a long time (I already forgot when I started collecting Order's Crests...). I don´t think you where rude Mouse 13, by pointing out the cost is as important as giving advice on how to go about gathering. It is rare Melan Legends are for sale - yet not unheard of either. However I sure understand the desire of getting a self-hatched Melan Legend as I myself aim for exactly that. :) I´m not much... or very rarely on discord and have no clue about groups, but what rmcqu1 mentioned about some existing groups sure does sound interesting! About saving up summons. I can only recommend having as much different stuff for sale as possible. Some people want to trade for ZC, GP, Credits. Others are more interested in other Summon items, Gems or Shinies/Albinos. The more stuff is available the more ground you have covered to draw in the masses -> also thats a good way to keep your shop (when you make one/have one) alive/active and thus checked more regularly. Sometimes swapping items for others is also necessary to increase your variety. I would also adive go for at least 1,500 Fangs before starting. I myself aim for 2k before I start hunting. Personally I would recommend hunting for your own Melan that is costly enough. If you hatch a spare one by chance that´s great, but I wouldn´t go for it specifically. Yet that is me xD Wishalloy Badge is a good help I´d say. Other than that as already said Lucky Eggs and Super Lucky Eggs can be helpful. I´d recommend clicking as many parties as possible and trying to catch Rus. And if you still have some desire/energy you can still click some of that clicklist you already subscribed to :) Also I would recommend to save up Water-Z-Crystals. A max chance daily, no matter how many/few eggs you may hatch is on a hunt like that never bad to think about. The counters in the signature/about me do work to some degree. Since I have that I get more often sent trades with my desired Order's Crest, however I don´t know if that is chance or because of that xD However the signature can only work when you post a bit on the forum, be it trade-thread or shops or really anything. And the about me only has a chance to work when you visit many Parties daily to give clicks - some of them after all visit you back and may stumble upon you looking for Icy Fangs and they may remember when they find one. Or you are lucky and they already have one and send you a trade/Message -> depending on how you set up your about me/signature. To draw in more I would also suggest making setting up a direct trade without PM/trade thread possible. After all with that you can even draw in those that don´t want to PM or post in a forum! :D
53.2%
Also collecting My Shop Buying for 70 -> Have one? More than one? Send a trade, PM or offer in my Shop? :D
Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
Just popping in here with a shop you might find useful. Isaac's shop
[ Usually online from 19:00 to 9:00+ PFQ time ] Free fields | 1GP fakemon | 4GP 90%+ pairs | Services ~Will draw for Steam credit, samples in journal~ I trade Felisfire.net for PFQ, have lots on there. Avatar made using Live Portrait Maker app Freebie sig by Galladerox, banner credits here

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page