PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Unpermanent" Mega-Evolution

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

MX's AvatarMX
Suggestion Title: "Unpermanent" Mega-Evolution Suggestion Summary: I was thinking, it would be nice if you had a choice between permanent Mega-evolution and "unpermanent" Mega-evolution. What I mean is, as well as having the choice to permanently Mega-evolve your Pokémon, you should have the choice to add the Mega-stone to the Pokémon as an item as if it were a forme-change item. So if you equipped let's say, Gengarite to Gengar, a little pop-up would come up saying "Would you like to Mega-evolve Gengar" and if you clicked yes, it would Mega-evolve into Mega Gengar. If you were to take the Gengarite off, however, Mega Gengar would become normal Gengar again. Positive points: If beginners (or others) didn't have enough money to Mega-Evolve a Pokémon, they could just do that instead, and, and so that it's not to over-powered, it would take up the item slot! It could also help with dextrading, because you might need to de-Mega-evolve it to trade to someone, and it would be really great for everyone. As well as that, if someone wanted to give their Mega-stone to someone else but they had used it on their Pokémon and they now regret it, it would be helpful! Negative points: It would take up an item slot. (Not sure if that's really bad) Reason For Consideration: Previously, I didn't have enough money to do so, and other people have probably had the same issue. I think that people might want to show off both their Mega-evolved Pokémon and their non Mega-evolved Pokémon. (Just a thought). I think it would benefit everyone.
Thank you for considering, MX
☆ M ☆ My team! PokédexCredit
  • Click me!
  • Me too!
Lv. 100 — +539,500
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
There used to be a choice. Nobody used it. Therefore it was removed.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
MX's AvatarMX
Is it possible to revive this? Maybe I could try to get a lot of people to agree with me?
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
I don't see why nobody used it, I would love this.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I agree with the previous two posters. This definitelys seems helpful, and more in-line with canon as far as I understand.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
nerdofnerds's Avatarnerdofnerds
I'm afraid I have to say no support ^^; The gp fee is there for a reason; if non-permanent Mega Evolution was re-added to the game, people would only pay the fee if they really wanted a permanent evo, or wanted to give the Mega something else to hold. We would, essentially, lose a currency sink, and gp would likely grow inflated yet again. If you partake in the Friday click events and do 3k clicks over the course of 24 hours, or enter the Contest with a well thought-out design and place fairly high, you can make plenty of gp very quickly! Up to 250 gp if you hit first in the Contest and did the 3k clicks, if I'm not mistaken. You can also Scour and open Boxes, or sell things to other users. Saving up gp for Mega Evolution doesn't take too long; usually one Fabu Friday of 3k clicks will give you enough to Mega Evolve one Pokemon. Also, losing an item slot is definitely not a huge drawback, and I don't like the idea of losing a gp sink without gaining some other kind of sink or having a similar trade-off with the Temporary Mega Evolution. Maybe if a drawback was more like "This item will make your Pokemon count as busy so you cannot use it in Contests, Breed, Scour, or Trade" I would be more charitable, but it's still a no support from this farmer.
Icon from the official 07 Ghost manga!
söbble's Avatarsöbble

QUOTE originally posted by nerdofnerds

I'm afraid I have to say no support ^^; The gp fee is there for a reason; if non-permanent Mega Evolution was re-added to the game, people would only pay the fee if they really wanted a permanent evo, or wanted to give the Mega something else to hold. We would, essentially, lose a currency sink, and gp would likely grow inflated yet again.
I don't see in the suggestion where it says the GP fee would go away? Tbh, if this was implemented (which I would love!!) I think having the same GP fee to reverse it (and having to pay to re-mega evolve a 'mon again) would be a great option, and a massive GP sink. This site has a ton of options that are hardly used - fishing, the dojo, costumes, etc, etc - but they're not going anywhere. I feel this would be used way more than the CS costumes I hardly ever see.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
nerdofnerds's Avatarnerdofnerds

QUOTE originally posted by MX

Positive points: If beginners (or others) didn't have enough money to Mega-Evolve a Pokémon, they could just do that instead, and, and so that it's not to over-powered, it would take up the item slot! Reason For Consideration: Previously, I didn't have enough money to do so, and other people have probably had the same issue.
Here's what I'm pulling from on the gp fee ^^ And while a fee to give the item and remove it again would be something I'd be a bit happier with, I think that would probably take from the appeal for others? It would likely be cheaper to, for example, buy a full shiny line and Perma-Mega one than to Temp Mega your only shiny and keep taking the stone on and off when you wanted to appreciate both forms in your fields. It's a weird balancing act that would be required, and I feel the current system works fine, so I'm still a no ^^;
I think it really depends. If it was temp mega, I think it would make sense for it to only mega durin spars.
<Insert very detailed signiture>
MX's AvatarMX
Then why, for example, do they have Cherrim available to become sunshine form outside of battle even though in the game it should be only inside of the battle?

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page