PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Mass-Click Weekend 51

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

SYSTEM's AvatarSYSTEM
Welcome to 2019! MCW is undergoing some significant changes this year, so please read carefully. As the number of Mega Stones Q increases, their proportion in relation to official stones shifts into imbalance. Not to mention, it gets ever harder to create new Mega Formes Q! Many Pokémon from Generation 6 and 7 were created during/after the introduction of Mega Evolution and therefore have much more "complete" designs (this was the point of Megas in the first place) and are therefore much harder to design Megas for. With all this in mind, we're introducing new prize types for MCW: Variants and Totems. Variants are something we did a long time ago. Things like Early Bird Natu or Vampire Gligar. Variants will be given out as Eggs and will be breedable immediately, however their "special breeding method" (the one where you can breed two regular Pokémon under specific circumstances to get a Variant) will not be released until the following MCW. Variant Eggs will be collectable from your Trade Centre's collection area, so there is no need to worry about keeping Party space open (if you were around for PF1, this will be a welcome relief I'm sure!) We will be introducing new Totem Forme Pokémon. These will have a custom sprite that is larger and generally more "fierce" or "leader-like" than their regular form. Totems will be given out to winners via the Trade Centre's collection area. The base Pokémon will not be eligible to find Totem Stickers in Scour Areas until the following MCW. Additionally, Variants and Totems come with an additional prize of a Mega Stone Voucher 5, redeemable for any Mega Stone Q of your choice. Going forward, the three prize types will rotate in the order Variant > Totem > Mega, meaning there will be four of each in a year (with the last Mega being part of 12 Days of Christmas) Whew, that's a lot of explaining! Without further ado, here's your regular announcement:
This month's event will take place on February 2nd and 3rd, and your target is the same as usual: 10,000 interactions. Successful completion of the Mass-Click Weekend target will reward you with one of these:
+
Click here to view the MCW event page! Event Discussion thread
FAQs!
  • When can I start clicking for the MCW? A: Please re-read the above. The dates are very specific. Also note that these dates are going by Server Time (UTC).
  • Do I need the Mega Ring? A: To earn Mega Stones and Vouchers from this Event, no. To redeem Mega Stone Vouchers and use Mega Stones to Mega Evolve a Pokémon, yes.
  • Do we have to click the target each day? A: No, you don't. The target is to be completed over the span of both days - not separately. So if you click on Saturday and Sunday, both days will count towards the goal. If you only interact on Saturday, only that day will count and vice versa for Sunday.
  • Where can I keep track of my interactions? A: A link is available in the post above where you will be able to see your progress for the event.
  • I completed it! When and where will I get the reward? A: The Monday right after at just after midnight server time, if not stated otherwise. It will be automatically placed in your inventory and an announcement will be posted that it has been distributed.
  • Everyone got the reward except for me! What happened? A: Unfortunately, if the reward was given out and you didn't receive it, you failed to reach the target.
We hope you enjoy!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hi everyone, just dropping in to mention that I will not be home this weekend. The code I have written for this new Variant-type MCW should work. It's been reviewed and all seems fine. However, as always, there is a small chance that things may go wrong and that the prize may not be distributed. If this happens, please do not panic. Your interactions will still have been counted, and I will be able to fix it as soon as I get home. Thank you for your understanding.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SYSTEM's AvatarSYSTEM
Hello users! I am pleased to announce that the new Variant Houndour [Orthrus] has been added to PokéFarm! A total of 2,344 users successfully completed the interaction target and have received an Egg of this new Variant. If you are one of these people, you should be able to find it in your Trade Centre's Collection Area. Thank you for your participation, and we hope you like this new addition to our family!
Due to a minor error people who hatched their eggs super fast didn't get the Eggdex entry. This can be fixed by breeding it and hatching another, but since this would require breaking shiny chains or using an egg pass (since the bred one wouldn't be account-locked to bypass the chain requirements) I will have Sally retroactively award the entry tomorrow. So basically, if you hatched it but didn't get the Eggdex entry, you can fix it yourself if you want, or just wait until tomorrow and I'll fix it for you.
Another minor error caused Orthrus to breed like crazy :D Hope you enjoyed the high breeding rate while it lasted, because it's now fixed ;)
The error involving missing EggDex entries noted two posts ago has been fixed. The 20-ish affected users should now have registered EggDex entries, however due to cacheing it may still appear missing for up to one hour from this post. Please let me know if you still don't have the entry when you should have it, if it still doesn't appear after one hour.
Now for an official "post-mortem" on the things that went wrong in the event and how they have been fixed: - EggDex entries weren't given to people who hatched it fast. This was caused by the Egg not actually being given an EggDex entry, due to an oversight when adding it to the game. I'll be more careful in future. - Egg didn't immediately appear in the Trade Centre, despite the announcement saying it should be there. For something to appear in the Collection Area, it needs to be in the special "Trade Field" and have a status of "in a trade" but not have an associated trade active. I forgot the status part of those requirements. As soon as I fixed that status, they all showed up. The code has been updated to set this status properly. - Cerberus was not marked as Released immediately on release. The MCW data only contains the base form, and it then recurses through the evolutionary family to mark them all as released. However, I used the wrong version of the evolution scanner - the one that ignores unreleased Pokémon. The code now uses the version of the scanner that includes unreleased Pokémon, so future events will not require me to quickly fix things before anyone notices. That should about cover it. I'm glad it worked as well as it did, and that the problems that did arise were relatively easy to fix. Thank you for your patience and we hope you look forward to future events like this.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page