PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Reconsidering the Time Zone Thing

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
Suggestion Summary: Adding timezone settings to PFQ. I KNOW it has been rejected, but with the amount of international users on the site, I feel this is nore important than it was when it was rejected. Positive points: -Will make the site more accessible(not everyone here lives in the same timezone as the mods) -Will benefit users in other timezones -Many other sites have timezone settings, so why not? Negative points: -May be confusing to users -May cause bugs Reason For Consideration: -All in all, PFQ has many international users, and timesone settings would be a way to bring to community closer together and more accessible to everyone.
Gif by KitKatKutie2
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
An issue I can see with this, is with not having a standard time-zone on the site, when people host auctions or have events set to specific server times, no one will know when its ending or occurring. Auctions end at rollover? Rollover for whom? Its just better to have one time across the whole userbase like most other sites do. For PFQ its set for England's time, for Chickensmoothie and Flight Rising some American timezone. Tbh the timezone of the site really isn't a huge deal. I'm australian and it honestly makes no difference as to how I play the game. EDIT: I hope this made sense I was in a rush when typing.
Sei's AvatarSei
What makes you think all mods live in the same timezone? We've got staff members all over the world. Why do you feel this is more of a valid suggestion now than it was when it was rejected before? We've always had international users. As Naerie mentioned, having drastically different timezones is inconvenient for everyone. It's much better to have a universal timezone for everyone on site to keep things consistent. Due to this, I'm rejecting your suggestion.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page