PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

~••~I Swear I Will Find A Way~••~ {Oneshot, Completed}

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF >

RenCringe's AvatarRenCringe
This is the index post. Use the hideboxes below to navigate through the parts of the story. Please PM me any constructive criticism you have!

~••~I Swear I Will Find A Way~••~

~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~•~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~ ~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~
~••~One~••~ A small girl walked through an alleyway in Castelia City. She was taking a shortcut through it to get to the bus that took her to school, despite her parents' many warnings about how dangerous it could be. She didn't really care though. She was just curious about why her parents warned her so much about it; she didn't see anything suspicious or scary. Almost out of the alleyway, she heard a small noise. Turning around, she saw a shape dart behind a garbage bin. Scared that it was a mean Pokémon, the girl was terrified that she would learn why to stay out of the alley the hard way. "D-don't hurt me p-please!" She whimpered, terrified as she saw the same blur. Covering her eyes, she heard footsteps. At this point she was trembling in her shoes, but dared to take a quick peek. The blur was a small grubby boy, watching her on all fours. Taking down her hands, the girl clutched the straps of the bookbag she was wearing and slowly walked towards him. "Are you alright?" She asked the boy, who was covered in scrapes. He shook his head, then tried to wipe dirt out of his scratches. The girl, getting an idea, took off her bookbag and dug around for some tissues, much to the boy's interest. "This might hurt a little, but it'll help get the dirt off.." Wiping the boy's cuts, he softly whimpered a little as she cleaned then with the tissues. "There! All better!" She proudly stated as she cleaned off the last bit of dirt she could.. and then remembered that she was heading to school. "Oh, I've got to go, but I have an idea! You can wait for me at the tall building, with the sign that says G-A-M-E-F-R-E-A-K!" The boy nodded and waved goodbye as she blew him a kiss and ran off to the bus.
~••~Two~••~ Shaking himself awake for what seemed like the billionth time, the boy sat patiently, in wait for the girl. He was waiting in the lobby of the GAME FREAK building, by the front desk. There was only so much he could do for 7 hours, and he couldn't sleep like he did for most of the time because those 7 hours were nearly up. He needed to be awake for the girl. He almost dozed off again as he heard the girl come through the door, which caused him to bolt up. "Hello? Boy-- Oh! There you are! Did you wait allllll that time for me?!" She said in wonder as the boy nodded, which only made her more impressed. "Wow!! Well, Ms. Ann let me bring a book for us to read together, boy! ...Hey, what IS your name? I'm Leena!" Said the now identified Leena, clearly in a rush. The boy thought for a moment, and then shrugged. "Do you not have one?" Leena asked as the boy confirmed that he, in fact, had no name. Leena went ahead and decided to pull out the book to show him a name she thought of. "Look, the book's about a Pokémon called Zorua! Maybe we can find a name in there!" The boy, taking great interest to the book, pointed to three letters. "R-U-A? Rua? Rue-ah?" Leena tested out on her tounge as Rua nodded. Leena beamed at him, obviously liking the name. "OK Rua! Do you wanna read the book now?" She asked, to Rua's agreement. Leena opened up the book and started to read.
~••~Three~••~ "...And so the Zorua made it home to his mommy, Zoroark, and he got lots and lots of berries and hugs. The end!" Leena finished off proudly as Rua smiled and gave a few claps. She giggled, proud of her reading skills, even if she had to replace a few words with ones she knew how to say. This made Rua smile even more, and soon Leena was filled with pride. "Thank you, thank you!" She said dramatically as she took a deep bow. Jumping back upright, Leena had an idea. "Hey Rua, what's your favorite Pokémon? Mine's Zorua, 'cause it's so cute and I just want to hug it!!" She said. To her confusion, the boy's face grew bright red and he hid it in his hands. "...What's wrong, did I say something bad?" Leena worridly said as Rua just pointed to a clock. "OH!! Rua, I have to go home now!! Bye!!" She said as she ran out the door, waving, as a red-faced Rua waved back.
~••~Four~••~ It had been ten years. Now, instead of being six, Leena was 16. She had mostly forgotten about the boy as he didn't come back after that fateful day, but he happened to cross her mind now. "Wow, that was a long time ago.. how'd I even remember that?" She thought, brushing her now waist-length hair as she thought about it while getting ready for school. She had no idea why it crossed her mind, but now she couldn't stop thinking about it. "If I remember correctly, didn't he, like, blush or something after I said my favorite Pokémon was.. Zorua? Wait.. OH HOLY ARCEUS. HE WAS A ZORUA." Well, she realized it. Rua was indeed a Zorua. "Arceus, I feel really bad now. I feel like I should.. check the place I found him or something. I'm pretty sure it was an alley or something." She muttered, quietly leaving her apartment in order to not wake up her parents. Her new plan was this: check the alleyway to try and find Rua. She felt such an overwhelming sense of guilt for not realizing this; she felt obligated to apologize. She looked down at her clothes. A red vest and a white shirt, with beige jeans. Close enough to the outfit she was probably wearing, she wore the Reverse World out of that little red dress when she was 6. Coming up to the alleyway she was pretty sure she had met him in, Leena slipped in. "Uh.. R.. R.. Rue? Rue..a? Rua?" She said awkwardly, trying to remember his name. She half-whispered his name throughout the entirety of the alleyway, not even sure if this was a real memory or not. Feeling arms wrap around her neck all in a sudden, she yelped as she saw a couple of masked people. "Ahaha, dumb Mudbray of a girl." The woman who had her arms around Leena said. Leena, however, had managed to unleash her partner, a very angry Tranquill named Pecks. "G..cak.. Pec..pecks.. Help..me" She choked out as Pecks near instantly let out angry cry as he unleashed a flurry of Air Cutters. One of the masked people, a surly male, had let out his Scrafty when he saw Pecks, so the Air Cutters and Pecks were quickly taken down by Scrafty's High Jump Kicks. They clearly were trained, and despite Pecks being a strong Pokémon he was down. "AK..GH..PE..PEK..pecks..." Leena said as she started to loose consciousness from the woman who was slowly suffocating her. She got dropped as a blur quickly attacked the woman, which was the last thing Leena saw before she passed out.
~••~Five~••~ Opening her eyes, Leena's head was pounding as she noticed she was being carried. Whoever was carrying her had a blue shirt, which she quickly recognized as Rua's. Trying to look up, she saw a human Rua, who had ended up carrying her in secret to a trailer. Arceus knew how long she was out for, because outside of a dingy window she saw a forest. She was gently set down on a mattress, and out of the corner of her still slightly blurry vision she saw Rua grab a few dried herbs and start to make a paste out of them. After a few minutes, he had finished and went back over to Leena. He scooped some paste into a spoon, which he guided into Leena's mouth. It was bitter, but she swallowed it to Rua's relief. After falling asleep on and off a couple dozen more times, Leena felt better enough to sit up and finally speak. "You.. remembered me?" She said as Rua nodded. He looked 16 now, and was smiling a little as he anxiously stood in front of her. "Thank you.. Rua.." She said, a few tears slipping out of her eyes and soon after, Rua's as well. Rua sat down on the mattress, the two crying as they looked at each other and smiled. She noticed that Pecks was inside his Pokéball in a vest pocket, peacefully sleeping. Rua must have helped him too. He noticed this and gave her a slightly bigger smile as he wiped tears off of his face. He probably didn't expect Leena to lean over and hug him, but she did, to Rua's surprise. However, he leaned over to hug her too, her shoulder getting damp with tears quickly. Even with her eyes closed, Leena saw a light and felt Rua shift. When she opened her eyes, she saw that he was evolving. Rua, obviously surprised, pulled away and looked at his hands, which were now paws with long, red claws. Leena, as surprised as Rua, didn't know what to do. Rua, however, broke into a grin. He used his long arms to grab a piece of paper and a pencil, and clumsily wrote two words. 'tHäǸk ÿøÜ'
~••~Six~••~ 4 years had passed. After Rua had written his message to Leena, he confessed his feelings of love to her and told her his plan of finding Jirachi to wish himself human. Leena had agreed to wait for him, just like he waited for her. Today was the day Rua was supposed to come back. Leena was 20, and Rua was probably now as well. The week where Jirachi was supposed to awaken had passed, and Leena anxiously waited at the trailer. She had been working hard and suffering for these four years; figuring out the location of the trailer, buying a house nearby, claiming and restoring the trailer, and staying single. She and Pecks, now an Unfezant, waited. Pecks was patrolling the air for Rua, and Leena the ground. A sharp warble cut through the air; Pecks signifying that he saw someone. Leena sat up as Pecks landed next to her, Pecks looking at Leena with a look that said 'he's here'. A Zoroark walked through the trees to the trailer, crying. It was Rua. "Oh no.." Leena whispered as Rua stumbled over into her lap, sobbing. He had failed her. The two hugged each other for an eternity until Leena spoke up. "It's OK Rua, it's OK.."
~••~Seven~••~ Several hours had passed and the misfit trio had all fallen asleep. There was an aura of sadness surrounded them. However, before falling asleep, Rua had sworn to find a way to become human so he could finally speak with and marry Leena. He was going to try to find a way to do that. As soon as he woke up, he'd try and try again to fulfill that promise. For now, they rested. And Rua, Leena, and Pecks' little spark of hope gave them a restful sleep. Then Rua woke up.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page