PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Event where users can suggest new pokemon designs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
Pros: -Gives users an opportunity to suggest Pokemon. -Would be good for those frustrating moments when you want to suggest a new Pokemon but then realize you can't. -Having this as an event (once a month, maybe?) would limit the amount of suggestions so that mods have time to implement them, and only a few are chosen for same reason. Cons: -Might increase the amount of suggestions because everyone is waiting for the event -Copyrighting issues, possibly? *Redacted*
Gif by KitKatKutie2
Parafox's AvatarParafox

QUOTE originally posted by Summary of Rejected Suggestions

IMPORTANT NOTE: We DO NOT accept player suggestions for new Pokemon designs, including Exclusives (Fakemon) and Variants. This is for Important Legal Reasons, like right-to-use and potentially contracting with minors.
My username used to be Fuchsfee. Just call me Fox.
All images used for avatar and signature are recolors by me. Typerace icon made by myself. Only official game sprites used.
ok ok i get it... but it's not really specific..
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by NeonFlame

Given my current reputation with the forum mods, Niet or someone like that is probably going to permanently forum lock me for this if they don't like it.......
Y'know, if you think the consequences are that dire for you... maybe you shouldn't post the thread. And yeah, in addition to the big disclaimer that Fuchsfee posted, this idea has been rejected many times before. Edit: How is that not specific?
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

QUOTE originally posted by NeonFlame

Given my current reputation with the forum mods, Niet or someone like that is probably going to permanently forum lock me for this if they don't like it.......
Y'know, if you think the consequences are that dire for you... maybe you shouldn't post the thread. And yeah, in addition to the big disclaimer that Fuchsfee posted, this idea has been rejected many times before.
I don't know what right-to-use is or how contracting is involved in this at all.(that's what I get for joining a site where 99% of the users are over 20...) Also, I wasn't being serious about that.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
There's nothing to indicate that you weren't being serious, and it sounds really passive aggressive. Just making sure you know. And this is regarding basic copyright law. If someone suggests or creates an idea and the site uses it, that individual has the ability to sue the site for abuse of copyright. It's not viable at all.
Parafox's AvatarParafox
Well, I'd say that the notion of multiple leagal issues keeping our staff from accepting any user suggested pokémon designs is specific enough. I'm really no expert in leagal stuff. Details on that matter would most likely just confuse me very much. Therefor I feel like there's no real need for a more detailed explanation here. Maybe you see that differently, but be honest, please: would it make any difference at all if we were given any more details juristic explanation as to why user suggested designes are so strictly being denied? Also, may I suggest you read up on this thread once again? ^^ (If you are joking on a written conversation it's always a very good idea to make that very clear if you don't want to risk being missunderstood.) Edit: Fixed some typos. I guess I need to get some sleep...
Suríya's AvatarSuríya
I'll just make a little note here... We cannot, as staff, use ideas from the userbase due to legal reasons. These types of suggestions are always rejected for that reason. I was told, once upon a time, that there were issues with this in the past. While I'm sure a lot of you have GREAT ideas, we simply can't use them. And what's worse, is that if a user DOES suggest something and something WE make ends up looking similar -- we can't use it. Again, citing legal reasons :) So I'm going to go ahead and pop this over to rejected, as these suggestions are, but I do hope that you keep being creative in your own ways! In the future please don't make such assumptions regarding how we operate. We don't lock people for simply suggesting things - we lock them for breaking the rules.
Current Hunt: Dunsparce (Mega) Chain Length: 82 — Shiny Total: 1 — Melans: 1/3
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page