PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA Regarding Paypal and DeviantArt

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
Isn't it easier though, to just put the correct amount that the seller has asked for in the correct currency in the "recipient recieves" box rather than calculating it in the "you transfer" box? Am I misunderstanding something, Shazi, or is that in fact what you meant? xD I always go by putting in whatever the seller has asked for in the currency they have asked for in the "recipient recieves" box in any case and believe that to be the right thing to do? Then the "you transfer" box calculates itself. Two examples in the boxes (working with USD & NOK bc it's the only two I have in my "you transfer" box lol).

User X usually works with USD, but the buyer asked for 20CAD, is it not easier to just put 20CAD in the "recipient recieves" rather than "you transfer"?

User X usually works in NOK but the seller asked for 20EUR

~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Shazi's AvatarShazi
as far as i understand how this works, what the buyer recieves at the end is not where you should be putting the amount as this covers the fees
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
In that case, my visual guide is incorrect, but I still don't get how the buyer is supposed to then calculate those conversion fees out of whatever we send to the recipient?
Shazi's AvatarShazi
honestly that's a good question, I don't know the exact ins and outs of how paypal is supposed to work. I could be wrong, but my understanding of the ToS and the fact you aren't allowed to make your customer cover fees as you put the amount you are paying in the "buyer gives" not the "seller recieves" and paypal takes their fees somewhere in the middle
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Shazi is indeed wrong :p But I lack full knowledge myself. What I think is happening is that the recipient has a Personal PayPal account and not one that is set up for sales - that's a problem for them to figure out, but you should just be able to put the amount requested in the box and it'll be fine. I think. Really they should have an upgraded account to receive payments for services.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page