PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

S/A Sprite Options

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Hello! Before I begin, I would like to Thank our wonderful PFQ Staff and Artists. Your hard work has not gone unnoticed, and is a source of great excitement! This thread is not intended to scrub away that hard work and dedication or to say that the new art is in any way "bad". This is simply an idea that may solve a few grievances that come with any change. Now, with that in mind, I'll continue! As we all may be aware, a new batch of sprite changes was just released. With the hype and excitement however will always come some hesitation and trepidation towards these changes and there are likely a few people that are upset about it. There are many reasons for these sentiments, and everyone has their own opinions and thoughts on the changes. One of the big reasons I made this is because melans in particular are a LOT of work and time to get, whether you buy them from another user or hatch them yourself. And if you have it, and love it for what it is, it can be very difficult to see something you worked hard to get become something so drastically changed it is no longer is what a user wanted or worked for. Here's an example of that: from this... to this. That is a BIG change. The sprite's colors are completely different. And if someone worked to get the old/past version, and dislikes the new version, they have previously been just out of luck. Obviously, both are good and look awesome, but it's not too far of a stretch to see how someone could be upset by this total change. This is why I believe it would benefit the community to have a way of getting that back. How it could work is, For a fee, a user could allow for their Melanistic or Ablino Pokemon to gain the old appearance of it's sprite. Female/Male differences would still be locked to the gender related (like the Torchic line). There are a few ways this could be implemented. One way is it could work like Kecleon, allowing users to visit the Salon and pay a GP/ZC fee to change the sprite (be it from a new to old sprite or vice versa). Obviously, only melans and albinos would be viable, and you would NOT be able to make an albino look like a melan or vice versa. Another way is to put it as a coupon won by Tourney that could be exchanged like a Furfrou/Pasovan grooming ticket. I personally don't really think this is the best idea, as we already have a lot of token sinks in megastones and eggs. If you have any ideas, comments, or concerns please comment them! Positive Points*: - Allows those that miss the old sprites to have access to them without rolling back all the new changes. - A new possible GP sink that would help the GP economy without inflating it - The changes sprites would function like Custom Sprites, so this means it would NOT be considered a new forme or dex entry. It's purely aesthetic, and completely optional. - Everyone would have access to the older versions of sprites, even if they didn't hatch the melan/albino before the change. - Users that previously wanted a certain Melan/Albino but now don't like how it looks could have what they liked and be happy, and people that like the new ones can have what they want too. Negative Points*: - I'm very sure this would be a tremendous amount of coding work. This is a big negative point, unfortunately - Due to the Wiki wipe, there may not be access to the older Albino and Melan sprites. - It may inflate the worth of Albino/Melanistic pokemon * These Points may change as discussion unfolds. Changes will be shown with this; [NEW]
You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!
croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical
While there are a few pokemon I have myself who I dislike the new look for, no support from me. Regarless of wether someone likes the new sprites or not, the changes are being made to create a sense of consistency and improvment. The old sprites has to go because they were a mishmosh of colorations between pokemon. There was no consistency. When you're trying to improve something, it doesn't make sense to keep the old version that you were fixing around. You may as well have not made the new versions then.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Esme's AvatarEsme
bruh just replace the image files and safe it on your skin
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page