PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Quality of Life changes [UserScript]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123··· 6061626364··· 151152153

Hi All, Hope everyone is staying safe <3 Update on Sort by Types With much help from goldie031, I have pushed an update to the "Sort on Types" functionality for the Farm page. No reloading of the dex or clearing of settings is required. The effects of this update are: 1. Every case that I could think of is now handled when sorting by types. Previously there were issues when a Pokemon that was ready to evolve had multiple forms (e.g., Zigzagoon and Galarian Zigzagoon). 2. In the event that there is an issue with a Pokemon, instead of simply stopping, the script will put the pokemon in the "Unknown Types" list and will put an error in the console (Ctrl+Shift+I) that will help with debugging the issue, should it occur. Regarding "Update Pokedex" stopping before it reaches the total - I have to admit, the code that does the actual counting doesn't always count correctly; but, the code does load any Pokemon that hasn't been loaded already. Regarding "Sort on Names" - Really I don't have much to say new about this, but I am adding an issue to track this so I will keep everyone posted if I am able to do anything about this :) As always, let me know of any issues!
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Reinstalled the script through GitHub; logged out of Incognito then went back in. Can now confirm that sorting by types works exactly as intended! No unknown types on my end, all is accounted for. There's also good news in that Sorting by Name now works substantially more quickly as well - but that also comes with new issues. The colored rectangles distinguishing each tab are absent, even though the tabs themselves still function; and it stops counting any Pokemon in the titles of the tabs after Mime Jr. I did rename the bulk of my Mime Jr to "Mime Jr. x2", which I feared at first may be a factor; but giving a Caterpie an identical name did not push the problem back to Caterpie, so it might be that the whole Mime line is an issue?

Here's the proof and the console.

• Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
I just installed Tampermonkey and the QoL script, and it's enabled, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm on Edge if that changes anything.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
@UnownVelouria I would suggest reviewing Bento's first post in this thread and my first post (linked in my signature) to help me track down any issues you're having. If you go through all of that and still aren't able to see anything on a page that is supposed to have some functionality, please let me know :) Update on Sort on Names I've pushed an update that should address the issues that existed previously. I tested it with Mime Jr., which was in fact causing issues, and with Galarian Zigzagoon, which was also causing issues. Please let me know if you have any issues!
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by ECEInTheHole

@UnownVelouria I would suggest reviewing Bento's first post in this thread and my first post (linked in my signature) to help me track down any issues you're having. If you go through all of that and still aren't able to see anything on a page that is supposed to have some functionality, please let me know :)
I actually just got it working a few minutes ago. Don't know what the issue was, but I updated to New Edge, and it's working perfectly. No idea why Old Edge wasn't working with it, but I also had issues with OBS, so it might have just been Edge itself causing issues.
@UnownVelouria - Oh perfect! I'm glad to hear that it's working now :)
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

There's also good news in that Sorting by Name now works substantially more quickly as well - but that also comes with new issues. The colored rectangles distinguishing each tab are absent, even though the tabs themselves still function; and it stops counting any Pokemon in the titles of the tabs after Mime Jr. I did rename the bulk of my Mime Jr to "Mime Jr. x2", which I feared at first may be a factor; but giving a Caterpie an identical name did not push the problem back to Caterpie, so it might be that the whole Mime line is an issue?
Quick follow-up: I sold all the Mime Jr and the tabs and numbers reasserted themselves. To me, this is a fairly strong indication that the Mime Jr line, and potentially Galarian Mime as well, meddles with the system. Perhaps it's the full stop that does it?
BabbAge's AvatarBabbAge

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

Quick follow-up: I sold all the Mime Jr and the tabs and numbers reasserted themselves. To me, this is a fairly strong indication that the Mime Jr line, and potentially Galarian Mime as well, meddles with the system. Perhaps it's the full stop that does it?
I've got Mime Jr. holding Mimic Orb and it counts fine. Screenshot: @ECEInTheHole A suggestion: consider versioning your internal requires, so that you'd be able to increment version of the UserJS that would then allow you to push the update to users. Example: // @require https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jpgualdarrama/PokeFarmQoL/master/requires/farmPage.js to // @require https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jpgualdarrama/PokeFarmQoL/master/requires/farmPage.js?v=1.0.0
Click my party and 1k+ S&S Pokemon Fields Member of MCA and PfqCG
Kyubiisaan's AvatarKyubiisaan
So I have two bugs relating to evolution. 1. When sorting by type, the Quick Evo option is broken. Clicking the box to allow it doesn't work. However, this only happens when View All is selected. 2. This one is a bit more straightforward. Screenshot Corsola-Galar seems to be listed as Steel type despite being Ghost. this got my hopes up because I need steel evos for wishforge It doesn't count, despite being listed as Steel. Also, I just wanted to say I love QoL and I appreciate all the hard work being done. I genuinely don't think I would still be playing without it. Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication.
"It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains." - Assata Shakur
@sojussimblr - You are correct that before the update a few days ago the period in the names "Mime Jr." and "Mr. Mime" caused issues. With the updated version, it should be fixed. @BabbAge - I didn't know that was possible actually, thank you very much for the suggestion! @Kyubiisaan: - Regarding #1: Unfortunately this is a known issue; the original creator of the script Bentomon and I both tried to solve it independently to no avail. - Regarding #2: That's interesting. I'm going to try to get myself a Galarian Corsola so I can reproduce this issue. And thank very much for your kind words :) EDIT: @Kyubiisaan - I've finally gotten around to looking into the Galarian Corsola issue. Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this with my own Galarian Corsola; I can see the evolution correctly being shown in the Ghost list. If you continue to see this issue, please review the troubleshooting steps in my first post in this thread (Link to my first post in QoL thread)

Pages: 123··· 6061626364··· 151152153

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page