PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Adding Separators to the Organise Fields Menu

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123··· 567

kimbolimbo's Avatarkimbolimbo
Suggestion Title: Adding Separators to the Organise Fields Menu Suggestion Summary: This would add visual separators/lines in between consecutive fields to make field overview clearer. The user would have the option to move them around and place fields within the separators. They could be renamed to things like 'wishforge' and 'showcase' to allow the user to place fields in the appropriate location. I made a little mockup here of what I think it could look like? I'm bad at explaining things I'm not sure if this should also be visible in the public view, maybe a limited number could work? You could possibly double click the separator to bring up a menu for it, with things like 'name' and 'make public' being options you can change? Positive points: - Increased clarity for the user, especially if they have a lot of fields - Encourages organisation, which would also help visiting users, if they can assume that the fields will be somewhat grouped by use (i.e. all trade/uft fields would be clustered together) - If the separators will be made visible in the public view as well, then finding UFT fields, wishforge fields will be very easy Negative points: - Overuse would again reduce clarity for the user, but really it would be up to the user to choose how they would want to use it. - If they are visible in public view, and fields aren't put in separators with the correct labels then some fields might be overlooked Reason For Consideration: Mainly to make it easier for the user to find the field/s they are looking for. It would also make the personal view of the fields more aesthetically pleasing, as this way it wouldn't just be one big block of fields. It could also be helpful for people with reading disabilities, as it would break up what is essentially a large block of text, into smaller, more concise blocks. It would largely just be a QoL improvement, as it wouldn't change anything about field mechanics, just a difference in how they would be displayed to the user.

Possible additions - suggested by others

- Colour coding fields: being able to change the default grey colour of the field buttons to other presets - Specific colours could be overlays decided by skin settings / individually set (to avoid clashing with user set skins) - "jump to category/seperator fields" option - Option to make field overview display in landscape mode - less scrolling required when organising fields

Possible alternate solution (suggested by muffi)

QUOTE originally posted by muffi

WOOO, YES!!! i actually was about to suggest kinda the same thing, just that i thought instedt of seperators hideboxes were cool, so you can hide these sections you are not currently working with while managing your fields. like i dont need all my showcase fields listed in the middle while i want to move shinies from my drop fields at the end to my UFT fields at the beginning. So instedt of this multi scroll view

Current Box View

It would be something in the way of that

Hidebox Box View

<i thought about this in creating it as an example for how i would organise it on my own fields at available options, NOT the mandatory default setting you HAVE to use>
Could also think about cathegory options if that would be possible, to manage all boxes inside at once as well (saw the colouring suggestion after i did my edit and im too lazy to edit it again x)), or adding/hiding a field counter in brackets behind the section name (e.g. "FREE & Release (3)"), or sort A-Z/Z-A, buy new/sell ... :)

Hidebox View Options

kim, 25, she/her sending me a picture of j-hope may get you a mass click
buying at 25zc each!
template & avatar by me
selocon's Avatarselocon
Separators? Like what? Boxing them in would make things way too weird, and the overview is pretty clear to me, its the same as the navigation menu!
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
I'm not sure what you mean by 'boxing them in'? What I meant was more like headers in a way, so that you can quickly see what fields are in that section ^^ Here's my mockup c: To be fair, it's obviously not all that necessary when someone does have fewer fields, but for me I do have to scroll for a bit to get to my last field. Finding the specific field I want does get difficult, especially if they're all the same field type as well, since there's no real differentiation.
selocon's Avatarselocon
So basically make categories for fields? No support. You can easily name your fields, or whatever, but you don't really need "categories" of fields, plus, how would you move them between categories?
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
I like this idea. Sometimes moving fields around can get messy and difficult if you have a huge amount of them and having them properly labelled/broken down into groups would be incredibly helpful. I can see it being as simple as dragging a box into a category, so I don't think there's actually any issue there. And while naming them is the optimal idea, as someone who works a lot and used to hatch really fast, I bought a lot of fields and I don't have the time to go through and rename them all. This makes it a quick, at a glance thing for the user. All in all I don't see anything wrong with this suggestion. So thumbs up in support from me!
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
What would the UI for placing/moving these separators work? I feel these could be very useful, but I feel the UI would have to be very simple and easy to use or else it'll just be a hassle. Tangentially, how would buying a new field affect the markers?
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
support! I have so many fields (enough to hold about 4000 or more pokemon) so trying to sort pokemon into them is a nightmare! even with them all named and numbered, I have to read through most of them to find the field I'm looking for. this would seem an easy enough solution, if you can create categories and drag and drop fields above or below each line. it would make sorting and moving pokemon in fields so much quicker
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
For UI, I think simpler is better here. New separators would initially show up at the very top of the organising menu, and once they're put within all the fields, I'd assume they'd anchor themselves to the last field above them? So any fields place above the last field before a separator wouldn't have any impact on it, the separator would just move down with the field before it. Obviously moving the separator would be in increments of four fields, since that's the way the menu is set up at the moment, but it would be as simple as just placing the separator in the rough position you'd want it, and then moving the last 1-3 fields before or after the separator. In that case, moving fields gets priority over the position, and the anchor point would change (in case you're moving the last field before the separator, i.e. it would then anchor itself to the field before that one). I realise I'm very bad with words, so here's a sequence of pictures to illustrate what I'm imagining? 1 2 3 As for buying new fields, they would just slot in wherever they would show up anyways (which I think has to do with an internally stored number, since some fields I buy end up somewhere 10 fields back from the last one). If they would slot in after an anchor point, then they should become the new anchor point. Hopefully that makes sense c: Sorry for the essay ^^'
Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
What if we could recolor the field buttons? Say we could have 5-10 preset colors that we could pick for the field(s) so instead of them all being grey buttons we could have some in light blue, yellow, light green etc which could also work for organization.
[ PFQ +12 | Works 9am-5pm Mon-Fri ] - Been a while, bear with me while I reacclimatise - Free Exclusive and Variant Exchange! Credits: Avatar | Signature | Banners
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
I don't think that would be a good idea because what about color blind people? They wouldn't be able to use it. I think just having a header is good. Also popping in to say I support, I think that's a great way to break up fields, especially for users with over 100 fields.
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104626748 / 200,000,000

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page