PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Clear all notifications" button

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
Because not everyone has the time to visit 10 different forums just to clear their notifications, and silencing would be impractical if they're waiting for an order, only to find that it's not done yet when they visit.
Gif by KitKatKutie2
Yahan's AvatarYahan
Sorry, I don't support. You can just silence threads that you don't want notifications on but still want to keep track of. Edit: From the info you gave, this seems like just a forum notification thing, which is why I said what I did. (Although if I'm wrong, please correct me)
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Would this also clear "permanent" notifications such as the "egg ready to hatch" or "pokemon ready to evolve" or "you have enough gems to upgrade your wishforge badge" notifications? I also don't quite follow your logic. How can you see if your order is done yet or not if you don't visit the shop? Why couldn't you just silence the shop, or simply use that click to visit the thread instead of to clear the notification? I see how this could be useful for other reasons, such as coming back to the site after a night and wanting a fresh start to the notifications and not wanting to individually catch up, it's just your current example confuses me.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
sauriel's Avatarsauriel
No support. This would end up causing a lot of issues of users don’t bothering to check important messages, or claiming they never read them. Like a message from a Moderator. It becomes an accountability issue.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
The main thing people want to clear arer from forums, so maybe this could be only used for forum posts? Or disable clearing mod alerts?
Duskar's AvatarDuskar
Go into your subscriptions page and simply click the last post link. Removes the notification without having to scroll through however many pages, and you can just mash the back button/top of page and redo. Takes less than a minute unless your internet is really dodgy get new internet But what if your order is done and you don't know because you hit 'clear all'. The only use I can see for this is subscriptions regarding the forum games section because no one really cares about counting or whatever. It's not that hard to take note of the number of notifications and just ignore it until you do have a few minutes free time, but honestly if you're subscribed to a thread chances are you kinda do want the notifs.
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Clearing all notifications makes having notifications useless in the first place. It's like hitting an alarm without a snooze button, so to speak. You hear the alarm, hit it in a reflex gesture, look the other way and never see it again until you realise you had something important - by then it's usually too late to still do something about it.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page