PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

1x1 with jannifarm97

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon RP >

Pages: 123··· 360361362363

rosettahorse's Avatarrosettahorse
"Attempting to disturn this unit's origin is not recommended." Malum retorted in pronounced monotone, crimson eyes watchful; the sharp glint of the pack's fangs reflected in her eyes. She eased back into a Aikido tenkan stance, watching as each mutt circled her hungrily. Every predator had the same pattern; the slow approach, the swift end. "You have one warning." Malum stated as the Mighyena launched towards her, the humming filling the air, each droning warble pressing against the eardrums with a tangible pressure. Kicking out with her leg, she threw three away and caught two pairs of jaws on her calf. Undisturbed, she threw out an arm and swept two others away from her, but flinched when the Howling hit her years, enabling another set of jaws to latch on the palm of her hand. Deep red eyes became cold and hard, and at once Malum set to work, jabbing the fingers of her other hand into the eyes of the one on her palm. Then, balancing precariously on her damaged leg, she kicked one calf biter in the head, and dug the heel of her shoe into the cheek of another.
Man, this place is kinda dieing. Great time to decide to come back! qwQ
jannifarm97's Avatarjannifarm97
The ones that bit into Malum yelped and cried out in pain as Malum retaliated. The one that bit her palm was one of the loudest ones as she jabbed its eyes, howling as it stumbled away and pawing its face. The other Mightyena that had bit her yelped as they were driven into the ground, knocked out as they hit the ground. Suddenly, three more Mightyena popped out of the ground near Malum with a Dig attack, jaws drooling with a thick purple substance. They were just about to attack when the leader heard something in the distance, and made a snarling bark to stop the attack. The Mightyena skidded to a stop with confused growls; now why had their leader stopped them? The ones that had almost attacked Malum quickly backed away out of her range, and they all kept hard attentive glares towards their target. Then, they heard it - another howl in the forest. It was long, then short, then long again. Then it was followed by two short yips. The leader seemed to be considering this series of barks and howls, and after a minute he nodded his head with a grin. The sky got a little bit darker as soft thunder rolled in the sky. "Well then girl, today's your lucky day. It seems that we will have other means of food." He looked to the rest of the pack and barked at the ones that were conscious, so that they could carry those that weren't and take them someplace safe. When they left, and the ones leftover were still filled with energy, the leader barked and dashed off into the woods again, his pack close behind as they disappeared quietly behind the distant trees. Rain began to fall once more, but this time, there was a little bit more added onto it the second time around. The Minccino and her mother watched in awe as Malum stood alone once again. She did it. She fought them off! She may have been bitten a few times, but that didn't matter. The small Pokémon climbed down the tree really fast, and ran up to Malum with grateful eyes. "You fought them off! You're so brave Malum," the Minccino said as she went to hug Malum. But she was swiftly carried up once again by her mother. "Not there! Can't you see she's hurt?" Her mother asked as she glanced up at Malum’s wounds. She looked up at the injured girl. "Thank you so much for saving us. Might you come with us? I had gathered some berries a while ago; some of them are energy giving. You'll heal a little bit and feel more better than you probably do now," the mother offered.
Shine woke up from her sleep when she heard multiple barks in the forest. At first she thought she was imagining it, but then she heard more barks followed by howls. She growled and looked beside her - Ashtad was still resting. Damgar. Was there really another pack of Houndoom out here? But wait, it was raining outside.... They wouldn't even try to hunt in the rain. And if they didn't hunt in the rain.... Then there was another pack of mutts hunting in the rain. Shine flicked an ear with a nervous lick to her nose. The howling sounded a bit close to her cave; she never liked it when anyone was too close to her cave. But should she wake Ashtad? Was she even strong enough to fly? Her tail slowly got closer to Ashtad's body, wrapping itself around her arm protectively as she looked outside. She couldn't tell what was outside, but she didn't want to go out there and find out. She had to protect Ashtad until Malum got back. But even when she wanted to stay in the cave, she had then dreaded feeling that something was going to happen. The thunder rolled in the sky a little harder, making Shine flinch as she curled up beside Ashtad. It was going to storm - she could feel it in her whiskers. Shine didn't like it at all; a storm meant more rain, and she couldn't stand the rain. A brief movement from the right caught Shine's eye. She perked her ears and kept her gaze focused on the bushes, but she didn't see anything. She sighed and lowered her ears; the nervousness was already getting to her? No, she had the feeling.... She couldn't take it anymore. She had to wake Ashtad up. "Ashtad. Ashtad. Wake up! Wake up please," Shine said as she gently shook her friend's side.
Avatar is made by CosmicDiamond!
Sprite made by wildcat2407
Malum stiffly bent herself out of battle position, rows of teeth marks cresting bleeding wounds. "My wounds are no reason to refrain from physical contact. The child may touch me if she wishes, though I must ask that you attempt to stay clean." She said, her words almost drowned by the whirring and the humming, the sick crack of wood and the boom of tumbling soon following. "Your concern for my well being is appreciated. I will follow you for as long as you'll allow me." Her drowning words fought against the sound and after a blur of shining steel and a final crack of wood, all was silent. Even the rain was temporarily swept away as, shaking the tree, it's roots, and even the earth around it with the force of it's arrival, the blade of Malum's scythe embedded itself into the trunk nearest it's owner. Wood groaned as the tree was split down the middle. Leaves were jarred and frightened, all clinging to their branches or forced into the stilled, quiet air and falling onto the sodden ground. The rain returned. Beside her the scythe rang softly as cold water hit the shivering metal. "Please lead the way."
Wings parted and feathers rustled as Ashtad was arisen from her coil of warm respite. With a futter her eyes were opened and she took in her situation, alert but still drowsy. "Sah...Shine?" She blinked and looked out the cave where the rain still battered the ground and wind chilled the air, then looked back to Shine. "Wha- what ah-is it?" She mumbled, a little bemused.
The Minccino and her mother tried to focus on Malum’s words, but the increasingly scary sounds of crashing through the forest were alarming to them. They noticed the Mightyena's growing concerns for these sounds, and now that they were growing in intensity, it was near panic-inducing to figure out what the sound was. They covered themselves up in fear. But soon enough, the cracks and booming sounds came came to a crescendo as the owner of the noises came bursting through the bushes and onto the tree closest to Malum. The two Pokémon uncovered themselves in warily as it stayed in the tree. But after a moment, they looked back up to see a huge shiny blade tgat had sliced the tree in the middle. It looked like a giant claw. They looked at it with nervous awe - that was making the scary noises? When Malum spoke up again, the mother and daughter jumped a little. Ah yes, they were about lead her to their den. The Cinccino cleared her throat and nodded her head. "Y-yes... Right this way," the mother prompted as she began her walk towards her home.
Shine gasped in surprise when Ashtad woke up and spoke to her. She hadn't been able to do that for a good minute - she was so happy that Ashtad had been healing so well! She couldn't help but nuzzle Ashtad's face with a purr. "I'm so happy that you're recovering! You really gave us a scare Ashtad." She suddenly remembered the reason she woke her up. Her urgency was quick to take hold again. "Ashtad, I have a bad feeling about.... Something. I was wondering - can you move your wings? To fly if you need to?" Shine asked nervously as she looked back outside.
Fixated on the pair, Malum's arm twisted, reaching back to wrench the scythe from the cracked wood, as her body strode forward to match pace with the pair of pokemon.
Ashtad blinked meaningless morse code at Shine's curious gaze, the veil of dreamless sleep still clouding her mind and thoughts. "A-a-ah um, Wuh - ah - um - Scuh - ah - scare....?" She stared, gathering and reassembling the scattered words. "Ah - I tuh -th -think s-so." She finally responded, wings fluttering as she fumbled with unused limbs and stiff fingers to stand on her precariously thin legs.
The Cinccino kept herself focused on finding their den - there was too much to worry about, and she couldn't afford to stay out in the rain any longer. However, there was the event of this stranger's appearance. Where did she come from? What was she doing with her daughter? Was she safe to be around? Many questions swirled in her head as she walked across the forest floor. Her daughter was fixated on Malum as well, but not exactly in the same way. She was just happy that she was able to find her mother, and that Malum had saved them. With a worried frown, the Minccino leaped from her mother's shoulders to Malum’s clothes. The older Pokémon gasped and turned around, but stopped herself as she watched her child scurry up to the young girl's shoulder and study her scratches. With a small sigh, the mother silently conceded, and climbed up a tree to continue among the branches. "We won't be long now," the mother said as she traveled. The Minccino sighed and stroked Malum’s hair. "Don't worry about Mommy. She's just worried about me. After all, we did get separated in the rain, and we were attacked," the young Pokémon said as she looked around. Soon enough, the three made it to a large tree with a sizable hole among the tree roots that was about the mother Pokémon's size. "Here we are - home," She said as she crawled through the hole. The younger Pokémon giggled and hopped off Malum’s shoulder. "I hope the hole is big enough for you. You can't be out here in the rain," she said with a shake of her head.
Shine frowned a little at the strange - or, rather, stranger stuttering that spilled out Ashtad's mouth. Was she not used to speaking for so long that she messed up her words? It was difficult trying to grasp what she was saying, but Shine tried to underatand as best she could. As Ashtad tried to get up on her feet, Shine moved in close to support her as she stood up. But Shine also kept an eye outside - she could feel this ominous tension building up in her, but she couldn't say what it was coming from. She rarely had this feeling, so she couldn't remember what happened whenever it did occur. But she could tell that it was never a good thing. Suddenly, Shine heard a growl somewhere in the distance. Her ears popped up and her eyes narrowed into slits. What was out there? She strained to hear anything that could give her clues as to what was outside, but still couldn't hear anything past the rain. Shine bared her teeth and growled in frustration - this rain was going to be the death of her.
Malum observed passively, only acting once throughout the entire journey to show the Minccino a brief smile after her reassurance. She didn't mind and it didn't matter. Soon enough she would simply prove it herself. Upon arriving, she stood still under the wide girth of the tree, helping the Minccino down to the entrance of their home. Keeping watch and alert to the state of her wounds, she glanced down at the hole that served as their home's entrance and gave the Minccino a wry smile. "I'm afraid not. It's alright. I need to stand watch anyways. The tree will protect me. I will be fine."
Eventually regaining her footing with Shine's help and support, Ashtad nearly slipped and fell at Shine's sudden aggression, just barely managing to stay afoot. Clutching into Shine's fur, yet at the same time attempting to be gentle, Ashtad glanced out the cave and frowned. "Wa - wah - ah - what eh - is it?"
The Minccino lowered her ears when Malum said that she couldn't fit through the burrow. She looked back with a small whimper, realizing the size difference between her new friend and the home's entrance. The young Pokémon looked back to Malum with a sigh, her tail flicking solemnly as she walked up to her. The girl's words made the Minccino tilt her head subconsciously, wondering what she meant. Perhaps the size of the tree would deter would-be predators? Or maybe she'd just climb the tree. With this thought, the Minccino gave a small smile, thinking this to be the answer. It was the most logical conclusion for a Pokémon like her after all. "Okay, if you say so. I bet those meanies can't climb up trees anyway," the Minccino said with a pat to Malum’s leg. "Mina! Where are you? Come help me get these berries for our guest!" Came the voice of Mina's mother from within the burrow. Mina jumped a little and scurried towards the hole. "Coming Mommy!" Said Mina. She disappeared from the surface, leaving Malum alone for a good minute. When there was noise suggesting of their return, Mina's grunts softly echoed in the darkness, until the white tufts of fur poked out. Mina came back out of her burrow with a pawful of berries, and she gently placed them in front of Malum with a smile. Multiple Oran and Sitrus berries laid at her feet, along with another type of berry that was red and spiky. "Here you go! Oh wait -" Mina hurriedly took the berries back and dusted them off with her paws and tail. When she was done cleaning them, Mina gave the berries back. "Sorry. But mommy always says it never hurts to clean our food so it's safe to eat," Mina says with a smile. Her smile was quickly swiped away with the sound of howling from the distance. Mina lowered an ear and backed away to the burrow, scanning the area worriedly. "They're still out there. Who do you think they're hunting now? They said they found another Pokémon to eat...." the young Pokémon said as she looked to Malum.
Shine winced a little at Ashtad's tugging on her fur. It snapped her out of her concentrated staring for a moment and look towards her recovering friend. The Luxray growled lightly, taking mind in who she was with. She couldn't just rush anywhere at the moment, and especially not when Ashtad wasn't fully recovered. Shine looked to Ashtad's face with a small nuzzle against her side. "I'm sorry, but I don't know what exactly is out there. All I know is that we might have to go soon," Shine said with a huff. The air suddenly carried the sounds of howls once again, and Shine flinched with a low growl. That sounded a little more closer than earlier. Whoever or whatever was howling was getting closer by the minute, and Shine was becoming more and more like a sitting Ducklett. "No. We're leaving. It's too dangerous for us to stay any longer," Shine said with a shake of her head. She padded to the mouth of the cave, and sniffed the air as best as she could in the rain. Rain droplets dampened her nostrils, making her snort softly as she narrowed her eyes. With zapping fur, Shine turned to Ashtad to keep her still. "Stay here. I'm gonna check to see if the coast is clear," Shine said before she stepped out in the rain. With a few blinks of her eyes, Shine activated her X-Ray vision, and scanned the forest for as far as her eyes would allow. There was nothing in the trees, and at first, she couldn't see anything from ground level. But after a few seconds, Shine spied multiple bodies hiding in the forest. They were quadrapedal in stature, and they looked familiar to her. But it didn't matter - they were intruders. A snarl came out her mouth as she bared her fangs at the bushes. But before she could do anything, a barking snarl from above startled Shine - the noise gave prelude to a sudden weight on her back, and it immediately clicked to Shine that she was being attacked. Electricity sparked around her fur as Shine roared in anger, and she lifted her paws to try and throw the attacker off. Using her tail to wrap around the neck, Shine succeeded in throwing the attacker off. She snarled and took the time to see who she was fighting; but she didn't know this opponent. It was a large mutt like she suspected, but it wasn't a Houndoom. It was a lot more bulkier and was black and white. The canine snapped their jaws and growled at Shine. After a few seconds, the attacker barked in a strange pattern, puzzling Shine. The ground shook under her paws and a large black figure attacked her - a Dig attack aimed at Shine's chest area. The blow threw Shine back to the entrance to her cave, where she landed rather hard on the ground. The Luxray groaned as she looked to Ashtad, only turning slowly to the two attackers stood in the rain. They lowered their ears and slowly stalked towards the mouth of the cave, their attention currently focused on Ashtad. "Come here fresh meat," one of the canines taunted.
(Man, I just went through our last 3 years of RPing on this thread and got hit with some huge nostalgia. HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH ALL MY GODMODDING OPNESS MAN I CRINGED SO HARRRD!!! q_q (alsokindashipDevonandDahliaRIP)) Malum sat against the gnarled roots twisting into the earth beneath, body shivering as the air, battered cold by the day's rain, chilled her skin and sank into her clothes, renewing the sodden touch of her partially dried clothes and hair; both freezing to the touch and clingy like a fresh-out-of-the-brain Dahlia. Holding up her scythe, she slid the pieces together until her weapon was no more than a simple iron baton and put it down beside her as Mina returned from her berry run. Sitting complacently, she watched as the little Pokemon presented the cleaned berries with a quick apology and a small smile. As per protocol, Malum smiled back, thanking Mina before taking her share and consuming them all. Then a call. An echo of the same primal communication used against them time and time again. She felt her client's worry, a pressing weight on her chest and temples and reached out to caress the mat of fur on her head. "Who knows. Must've been a lucky find if they found it in this rain and were willing to give up on us simultaneously."
Ashtad reluctantly settled back into the ground of the cave while Shine went to scout out the situation. Behind again. She stared out into the rain and Shine's receding figure, recounting her failure. She had resorted to Brave Bird, a powerful move infamous for the whiplash inflicted on the user due to the pure force of the attack and still she had been thrown back and defeated, unable to afflict even the slightest scratch onto her opponent. Her chest tightened, and she remembered the woes of the past month; every hardship Malum and Shine had to face. And she couldn't overcome a single one. And suddenly Shine was flying back towards the cave, a force beyond the shelter of the cavern causing her to fall onto her side, prone and vulnerable. Figures began to manifest from the rain and fog; two canines with white and black fir. They called her meat. They were here for her. Her eyes went to Shine, lying on the floor. What was she doing? What was she doing for her friends? She met the canine's eyes and saw their hunger, heard their confidence and pride. That's right... she was made to be a messenger, born and made to receive and deliver. What use was that?! She needed to protect her friends! Not some measly words on a paper. She needed to be stronger. "Sh - suh - Shine." She wobbled back onto her feet and spread her wings as far as they could go, each feather glossy and neat. "Guh - ge - get buh - behind meh - me."
((Hahahahahaha!!!! Omg you kill me so much xDDD would it be a bad time to say that I cringed at times too?>^< I've been rereading our Rp for the longest time as well, and there were a lot of things I never really thought about... Like how we did all that OPness in a million instances xDDD At the time I was like; *in a silly voice* "Welp I guess I gotta roll with the punches!" 😆😅😂 I guess I just didn't want to hurt your feelings and make you self aware all the time >p> (Also,whatindaheckisthisship????))) Mina nodded at Malum’s words as she was pet. Perhaps the bigger Pokémon did find something better to hunt than them... She felt relieved.... But she also couldn't help but feel bad for whomever was now being chased. She didn't want anyone to be hunted. But she couldn't do anything about it. The whole idea of it made her frown. "Yeah..." Mina said softly. She looked up to Malum to see her consume the berries. Her frown shifted into a smile again, and the young Pokémon slowly climbed to her lap. "Yay! You ate your berries! Are you feeling any better?" Mina asked innocently.
Shine struggled to stand up, but the blow had taken a good chunk of her health. And just when she was recovering from her latest adventure. Great. The Luxray closed her eyes to prevent the dizzying swirls from clouding her ability to stand; one of the intruders barked at her and slapped her back to the ground, then placed a paw on her neck. Shine winced with a pained growl - all of this was happening so fast. She rarely got attacked by a super affective move, so the cavalcade of pain she was receiving was somewhat new to her..... And it didn't help that she was being thown around in the rain. Her fur was now soaking up water from the accumulating water puddle that was at the mouth of her cave; it was unfortunately weighing her down as well. But despite the treatment she was dealing with, Shine saw Ashtad get on her feet and stand up to the two predators. An alarmed growl came from her throat - what was Ashtad doing?! She needed to save her strength and stay away from them! Before she could tell Ashtad to keep away, she told her something first. Confusion flooded her thoughts, but when those wings spread out, Shine lowered her ears, having an idea of what she wanted to do. But the dog on her neck wouldn't permit any movement. "You stay there kitty! Nobody moves a muscle until the Alpha gets here. And we ain't afraid to take a chunk out of you if we need to," one of the intruders threatened. He then looked to Ashtad and her large wings, lowering his ears and growling lowly. "Don't make me break those wings," he threatened. What he didn't notice was that the threat made Shine spark her fur with anger again - nobody threatens Ashtad and gets away with it! Since the canine shifted his attention, Shine was able to use her tail to pull the paw off her neck. The canine yelped in surprise, and Shine smacked her paw against the falling canine's head to send him out of the cave. Shine snapped her jaws as she retreated behind Ashtad, hoping that she would have avoided the wings well enough. "Do what you need to Ashtad!" Shine shouted.

Pages: 123··· 360361362363

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page