PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Wiki Sprite Uploading

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123··· 161718

eura's Avatareura
Now that the Wiki sprite mass upload is over, I'm repurposing this thread to explain how sprite uploads work on the wiki. Here are links to the pages listing all the "special" pokemon sprites on Pokefarm. These include the shiny, albino, and melanistic versions of all regular pokemon, as well as the variants, totems, and exclusive megas found on Pokefarm. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh,Unova, Kalos, Alola, and all PFQ Exclusives.

FAQ

Q: Can anyone upload sprites on the wiki? A: Yes, anyone registered on the wiki may edit the wiki. Read the sections below carefully before proceeding. Please contact me or another Wiki Editor if you notice spam or a mistake on the wiki that you cannot correct. Q: What's the difference between a wiki editor and a Wiki Editor? A: Wiki editors are just regular editors. Wiki Editors have been contributing to the wiki for a long time and have made quality edits. A Wiki Editor gets this userbar and the ability to delete and move pages around on the wiki:
Q: How do I get a pokemon's sprite if I own it/see it in someone else's fields? A: Right click and save image.
Q: I have the melanistic dexed, but not owned. How do I access the sprite? A: Check this guide on how to retrieve images from your pokedex.

Uploading

Red file links means that we need the sprite on the wiki. Click on the link to navigate to the upload page.

Make sure you are uploading the right sprite. Double check genders of sprites before you upload them if the pokemon has gender differences. Remember that your pokedex only shows the MALE sprite!

Finally, categories must be uploaded along with the image itself. With 3000+ files of special pokemon alone, it is very difficult to check if all images have been categorized correctly after they have been uploaded. For this reason, I ask that you read this part carefully and categorize each image correctly.

Categorization

When uploading a sprite, categories go into the SUMMARY portion of the page. Categorize the image after you've chosen the file and hit upload. Here is a list of the categories we use for each region:

Shinies

[[Category:Kanto Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Johto Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Hoenn Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Sinnoh Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Unova Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Kalos Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Alola Shiny Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Shiny Exclusive Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Shiny Variant Pokémon (Images)]] All shiny mega pokemon must ALSO include the following category: [[Category:Shiny Mega Pokémon (Images)]]

Albinos

[[Category:Kanto Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Johto Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Hoenn Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Sinnoh Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Unova Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Kalos Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Alola Albino Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Albino Exclusive Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Albino Variant Pokémon (Images)]] All albino mega pokemon must ALSO include the following category: [[Category:Albino Mega Pokémon (Images)]]

Melans

[[Category:Kanto Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Johto Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Hoenn Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Sinnoh Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Unova Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Kalos Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Alola Melanistic Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Melanistic Exclusive Pokémon (Images)]] [[Category:Melanistic Variant Pokémon (Images)]] All melanistic mega pokemon must ALSO include the following category: [[Category:Melanistic Mega Pokémon (Images)]]

PFQ Megas

This applies to non-canonical, or PFQ-exclusive megas ONLY. [[Category:Exclusive Mega Pokémon (Images)]] and [[Category:Shiny Mega Pokémon (Images)]] OR [[Category:Albino Mega Pokémon (Images)]] OR [[Category:Melanistic Mega Pokémon (Images)]]

Categorizing

Noticed that a file isn't categorized properly or forgot to categorize when you uploaded the image? No worries. Find the sprite you want to edit the categories of and open it as a link. Hit "Edit." The categories go into the edit box.
Please contact me on site or ping me in the official PFQ discord if you still have questions about uploading sprites on the wiki!
Rokon's AvatarRokon
Heya, I'm Scopo and I'll be the one mostly renaming stuff. Check this post to periodically check how far I've gotten on pages.
Currently working on: Changing "Melan" in file names to "Melanistic"

Immediate To-do

- Delete old Kanto files - Help re-upload Kanto melans - Rename Johto page in preparation for re-uploads - Delete old Johto files Delegated to Euradym - Re-upload Johto shiny Pokemon - Help re-upload Johto albinos and melans - Rename Hoenn page in preparation for re-uploads - Delete old Hoenn files - Re-upload Hoenn shiny Pokemon - Help re-upload Hoenn albinos and melans - Rename Sinnoh page - Delete old Sinnoh files - Help re-upload Sinnoh shinies, albinos, and melans - Rename Unova page - Delete old Unova files - Help re-upload Unova albinos and melans - Rename Kalos page - Rename Alola page - Rename exclusives page - Change "Melan" in file names to "Melanistic"
My schedule tends to be erratic and I work in bursts with long periods of rest in-between.

Duties

- Renaming files - Adjusting pages to reflect new file names - Deleting old files or mistaken uploads - Hunting down sprites and re-uploading them - Whatever else happens to come up
Let me know if you need any of the above done.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
eura's Avatareura
Note: the wiki registration does seem to be screwed right now. It's probably another wiki server move side effect. If you find a sprite we're missing, but don't have a wiki account, either post it here or PM it me or Rokon.
cloudtail's Avatarcloudtail
hi i have no wiki account but heres some sprites mostly from my dex (male) (female) (male) (male) (male) (male) (male) (male)
i dont play anymore avatar art by me!
Jalakins's AvatarJalakins
I always try to click back! <3 384/2000 Avatar by Rylee. Siggy from quinn. Sprite credits here.
ShinyShinx's AvatarShinyShinx
Melan Politoed Male.
Icon by 7GROVEY on Twitter, for my use. I wrote a Fanfic!
DADDi's AvatarDADDi
melan mega scizor on mobile so can't retrive the image directly, sorry!
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Zephyrlan's AvatarZephyrlan

QUOTE originally posted by Deïno

melan mega scizor on mobile so can't retrive the image directly, sorry!
uAvatar by MoonPaw Formerly known as kutani
TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
Hello~ I have some from my dex~ (plus the Mankey is my own XD) (male) (male) (male) (male) Oh, sorry there are multiples, I just looked at the wiki, not the thread that some of are were already posted ><
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~
DADDi's AvatarDADDi
edit: added crobat

Pages: 123··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page