PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New Wishforge Notification

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123456

Zen's AvatarZen
As most of us who's used the wishforge know, getting gems can sometimes take awhile. So we set the little notification to notify us when we have the gems. Which is great! It let's us know when we have the gems without having to constantly go to the Wishforge page. However, it doesn't notify us when we have the correct relic. So sometimes we'll have the notification pop-up, but when we go to the wishforge page we find we don't have the relic we need. So I'm suggesting to add another notification to the wishforge, one that will notify us when we have both the needed relic and correct amount of gems. Both notifications could be put into a little dropdown box. Pros: -Mostly just QoL? -Wont have a constant badge notification Cons: Not sure. FAQ: Why not just turn off the notification? -While some of us do, some also forget they have the gems or that they haven't yet upgraded the badge and then sell the gems. Just keep the notification on? -Having a constant notification can be annoying, especially when it could be a notification that's there for weeks. Just buy the relics when you get the gems? -Relics cost double, even triple, than their inventory price. When you need a Relic Gold or higher, spending double isn't always an option, especially when you need to spend almost 2mil just to buy a Relic Statue from the market. Would it still be toggleable? -Yes, it would be kinda silly if it wasn't. What if I had 2 badges set to notify me, but I only have 1 relic? -I imagine you'd get notified for both badges, unless Niet decides to make it so you only get notified if you have enough relics to upgrade both.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Memento's AvatarMemento
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by putting both notifications in a drop-down box. As it is, we have a notification that says, "You have enough (type) Gems for your next badge upgrade." Are you saying that we should have one notification for having enough gems and one for having the right relic, and then both would be shown in the notification menu nested under a general wishforge notif?

Like this?

Say your Wishforge is set to notify you when you have enough gems and/or relics for your next badge, and you have all of those things. You click the Absol head to see your notifs. Along with your other notifs, you see:

You can upgrade your next Badge

- You have enough (type) Gems for your next badge upgrade - You have enough Relics for your next badge upgrade
If so, I would not support that, because there's no way here to tell which badge(s) you're getting the relic notification for. And if there are multiple badges that you want to upgrade, and you have relic notifs enabled for all of them, then you might end up with a relic notif for one badge and a gem notif for a different badge. That would likely cause a lot of confusion. If there was a way to tell which badge(s) the relic notif is for, then you could run into another issue. If you have several badges that need the same relic to upgrade, you have relic notifs enabled for all of them, and you have the needed relic, which badge does Sally say you can upgrade? If she just tells you "You have enough Relics to upgrade your (type), (type), and (type) badges," that would be misleading, because you may only have the proper relics to upgrade one. If she just goes with the first badge on the list, that might not be the badge you're looking to upgrade next, in which case the notice wouldn't be that helpful. If what you're suggesting is that there be a way to have Sally notify you either when you have enough gems or only when you have the needed gems and relics, and each notif shows up in the menu normally without a separate hidebox, then I would support that.
trans Audino by gladio!
avatar by Zenobelle - thank you!
Zen's AvatarZen
I was more thinking a notification that says "You have enough gems and relics", not a notification just for relics.
Memento's AvatarMemento
Yeah, I'd support that! As long as both notifications were toggleable just as the gem one is now. But there's still the question of what happens when you have enough gems to upgrade two badges, they need the same relic, and you have that relic. Would Sally give you two notifications, even though you can technically only upgrade one badge? Or would she notify you for the first one listed, no matter if it's the one you want to upgrade? I know this is kind of a corner case, but it could happen, and I'm not sure what the best way would be to resolve it would be in this context.
Zen's AvatarZen
I imagine you'd get notifications for both, however if you only have one relic then you'd have to decide which one to upgrade first, or upgrade the one you wanted first. Though personally, if you want to upgrade one and not the other, don't set to be notified of the one you don't want to upgrade yet? It just seems kinda silly to want to be notified of a badge you don't want to upgrade yet. Forgot to say, yes they'd still be toggleable. That would be silly if they weren't. Edit: Or, it could be done so that, if you have 2 badges that need the same relic but you only have 1, you don't get noticed until you have 2 of the relics? If it's possible to be done that way.
Memento's AvatarMemento
For me it's not a matter of not wanting to upgrade a badge yet, but wanting to upgrade both badges but prioritizing one over the other. I think either of those solutions could work, or maybe both? But maybe I'm overthinking it. In any case, support.
Zen's AvatarZen
Bumping this up.
nerdofnerds's Avatarnerdofnerds
I support this for reasons stated! If I cleared my current Wishforge notification, I would forget to get the Relic I need at all, but keeping it constantly in my notification popup is beginning to annjoy me ^^; This would help out other users who have memory problems like I do!
Icon from the official 07 Ghost manga!
Zen's AvatarZen
Bumping up.
Anduin's AvatarAnduin
Support for reasons stated and also throwing in the fact that there is now more incentive to level up a lot of your badges for the golden trainer card cosmetic. I know it galvanized me into leveling up various badges, so the QOL upgrade would be great.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page