PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lets complain about melan hunts!!!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 228229230231232··· 317318319

skyvory's Avatarskyvory
genuinely tired of hunting absols, i just want a brave natured melan, and its so disheartening to see it at a near 7k chain without that melan in sight. Not to mention.. It feels like a sick joke to always only get the melans after planning to quit or after restarting a hunt in its entirety. why do smaller chains get melans faster?? Why cant I just get more melans within a 7,000 chain?? -_-
˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
*ੈ✩‧₊˚ skyvory |
brave collector
| art/jrnl ‧₊˚ ⋅
જ⁀➴ icon by me ✧˚ ༘ᝰ.ᐟ
I follow this thread but I don't really post in it cuz I'm not really a melan hunter. I have 6 or so melans I want to get eventually, but most of the time I'm just focusing on easier goals like upgrading badges and doing tourneys/races. But! I wanted to pop in to say that these rates really are borked, and a lot of the time it's kind of... specifically opposite of the hunter's goals?? Not to say Sally can actually read minds and purposely goes against it, because I sincerely don't believe that, but it does feel that way a lot... case in point: I just hatched a melan (4/227) in a hunt that was Primarily for gems and albinos. I haven't gotten an albino yet. So, Sally said no to my goal and gave me something else. I've only ever had 2 Purposeful melan hunts: Roggenrola (#2) and Morpeko. Roggen took 4k out of 10k to get 1 melan (and it was the only one I got). Morpeko took 8.5k because I accidentally got a long chain, Sticked it, and decided that I COULDN'T drop it before I got a melan. Every other melan I've hatched has been on a short chain (<1000) and when I wasn't actively looking for one, with maybe 2 exceptions. This has been happening to me since I started the site in 2014 (first melan Dec/15, second Sept/17, third Mar/19, then it's been 1 or 2 every year since) and technically I've had better/more luck as I've gone forward. But it's only been when I wasn't hunting for a melan. So, like. Those are my findings. Whatever you make of all that. Kind of feels like a "water won't boil if you're watching it" situation, which sucks.
✩ [ Me
Lex | They/Them pronouns
]
Hunt Chain! 457
✩ [ avatar
cutiefly art by me!
]
TR Score: 3279
stand up be strong know right from wrong forever hence
-♫- believe yourself
NobodyMono's AvatarNobodyMono
Kinda need to talk about mine too (Quick vent, ain't giving up but like UGHHH). first Hunt and I'm already almost 6000 eggs and no melan ; D I'm pretty much active everyday and do overtime during Sei or Niet day. Have a shiny charm and usually max out albino radar on those days. At this point I'm convinced I'm never getting a melan and will be hatching Galarian Meowths for years to come.
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Sour-Candy's AvatarSour-Candy
I've hatched so many koalas today that i feel like complaining 🤣 long chain bonus is more like a long chain curse, i don't have hypermode but have used all the other boosts during this hunt and am now over 8900 eggs in with just 2 troll parties and no melan in sight ~ for sure some people may have had worse but please Sally have mercy on me i don't wanna keep this chain for years 🥺
I hatched nearly 200 Stunky the other day with full boosts and got only 1 shiny to show for it all. I'm on 848 with 4 albinos, with 0 of those albinos having hatched during my Z crystal usage the past three days. It's almost like the crystals are actively lowering my albino chances. I hunt with full boosts and Hypermode. I can only imagine how hard it is for non-HM users that don't get the long chain boost :/
Avatar & Cactus Amaura made by me.
Member since 12 May 2017
So I love going for discoveries when a new legend drops... it's expensive but a thrill in a sense. But my god, this hunt is giving me such anxiety. Im at 889 for Enamorus... I'm almost at 900 and just... not even a troll party. I have hatched many shinies but only like 5 albinos. Its painful... gonna keep going but the lack of a melan is killing me softly.
Kårñstêin's AvatarKårñstêin

QUOTE originally posted by LeagueOfPotatoes

I hatched nearly 200 Stunky the other day with full boosts and got only 1 shiny to show for it all. I'm on 848 with 4 albinos, with 0 of those albinos having hatched during my Z crystal usage the past three days. It's almost like the crystals are actively lowering my albino chances. I hunt with full boosts and Hypermode. I can only imagine how hard it is for non-HM users that don't get the long chain boost :/
Omg I used a crystal recently and didn't get any albinos out of it. As soon as my crystal expired I got albino. So I agree with crystals being albino repellent lol
Red Soul Dew

Red Soul Dew

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small orb with a red coloration that manages to emanate playfulness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latias.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +7,726,827
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature
"Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear. Where do we go from here?"
Cherub's AvatarCherub

QUOTE originally posted by AstrayedHannah

So I love going for discoveries when a new legend drops... it's expensive but a thrill in a sense. But my god, this hunt is giving me such anxiety. Im at 889 for Enamorus... I'm almost at 900 and just... not even a troll party. I have hatched many shinies but only like 5 albinos. Its painful... gonna keep going but the lack of a melan is killing me softly.
Hannah I feel your pain. My Guzzlord hunt was extremely painful. I hope you get that melan soon D:
❤️Supernatural❤️
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
It's a Combee POTD, and ergo Snow Combee gets a boost too. 80+ eggs, which is amazing for a variant; all boosts; only one shiny among the lot. It's the experimental chain, so I'm probably not helping myself, but I'm still a touch peeved. The boosts really do feel inversely proportional at this point.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Please Sally? 1 melan? Please? Been over 150 since last special... Just gimme sparkle sparkles?

Pages: 123··· 228229230231232··· 317318319

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page