PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokemon Twist: Corsola and the King

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF >

ratgirl34's Avatarratgirl34
Hello, I sometimes wonder what sort of folktales and stories the world of pokemon would have. So to that end, I'm going to write new versions of some of my favorites here, but with a pokemon twist! The first story is a Chinese Folktale, The Shell Woman and the King. It's a book I've owned for quite a few years, re-told by Laurence Yep and illustrated with paintings by Yang Ming-Yi. Part of why I've chosen it as a story is because the two towers outside the Kings palace in the tale remind me of the two towers of the Jhoto region. So for anyone familiar with this tale I hope I make appropriate modifications. For anyone not familiar with this folktale I hope you enjoy my version of how the Brass Tower became the Burned tower. Corsola and the King Long ago in Johto there was a fisherman, everyone who met this fisherman liked him and he in turn liked everyone he met. Often he would say that he only ever loved once, but that the girl had married someone else. So when the man felt lonely, he would go to the seashore and sing love songs to the tides. One day as he was leaving the shore, he hard a girls voice, "What a shame to give all that love to the cold and thoughtless sea." Turning, the fisherman saw a beautiful girl in robes of pink and white. Not realizing that he had had an audience the fisherman was terribly embarrassed, "I guess my secret is out." He said. The girl promised to never speak a word of it to anyone, and told him that her name was Corsola. She told him that she was an orphan who lived in a home she had built far down the beach. In the days that followed the fisherman met Corsola by the water frequently to talk. She was so clever and kind that he soon fell in love with her. But when he asked her to marry him she gave pause, "I also have a secret." She told him, "I am from below the water, and when I heard you singing I just had to meet you." And there as he watched she transformed into a large piece of coral. After she changed back into a woman the fisherman seemed sad, "I'm afraid I can't change myself into anything. Will that bother you?" "Not in the least." Corsola said with a laugh, and soon after they married. They often returned to the ocean, where Corsola would resume her coral shape and she would harvest rare delights from the sea. The fisherman was proud of his wife's deeds and he liked to tell everyone in Olivine about her skills. Word eventually reached the King, by way of his informants who told him that Corsola was beautiful and could transform into coral, which is how she came by her name. This cruel King lived in a wondrous palace, flanked by two towers in which he kept two incredible pokemon, and guarded by three large pokemon. The tower to the left of the palace was the Bell Tower, which was decorated in silver and crystal and held fast the giant winged pokemon of the ocean who's feathers gleamed like a star in the moonlight. To the castles right was the Brass Tower, which was coated in bronze and gold and held the incredible bird of fire and the sun, who's feathers shone with the light of the sun in the day. In this way any who looked upon the palace would be nearly blinded during the day or night. While the King's two most prized possessions were locked away in his towers, the castle itself held many amazing things; a hair from a typhlosion's mane, an Articuno's egg. As incredible as his palace was the greedy monarch was not pleased. The King declared that a perfect monach needed both a perfect palace and queen. And so he sent his three favorite pokemon to retrieve Corsola and her husband. After separating the two and putting the fisherman in the prison below the castle, the King demanded that Corsola demonstrate her abilities for him. So before his eyes she transformed from a girl, to the coral and back again. "Leave your poor husband and be my Queen." The king demanded, now desiring her all the more. Unafraid of the King, Corsola calmly replied, "I can't leave my husband, I love him." This of course angered the King, and he demanded of her three new wonders for his palace, and that if she could not provide them then he would have her husband killed. With no options Corsola had no choice but to agree and the King smiled cruelly. "First," The King said, "I want the hair from a ditto." Corsola nodded and left the palace, returning early the next evening carrying a small bowl. Seeing the bowl the King became angry, "This bowl is empty! Do you think I'm stupid?" Corsola calmly replied, "A ditto's hair is so fine that it can't be seen. I had to shave it in the light of a full moon, and now it will be cold until it is able to grow more. Tonight the moon will tremble with it." Looking out the window the King saw the moon was shaking where it hung in the sky, swaying back and forth as though with cold. Seeing her power the King wanted her even more, and so he made his next request, "In the forest is a hill that is haunted by the ghost of a pokemon, I want that ghost's arm." Corsola requested the use of the King's kitchen to prepare for the task and he permitted it. She spent that night and the next day cooking cakes and pies and other lovely treats. When she was finished she packed the food and a sharp knife into a basket and went into the forest where she laid it all out as a picnic. Late that night, as the moon reached its peak, an arm reached out of the bushes and made a grab at the food. Quickly Corsola reached out from her own hiding place and cut off the limb, she repacked the food, the knife and the arm and returned to the King's palace. Leaving the pokemon to it's pained cries. Holding the ghost pokemon's arm the King was unhappy, "This is a solid arm. How could a Ghosts arm be solid? Are you trying to trick me?" Corsola shook her head and explained, "To eat the pokemon must be solid, that is why the arm is solid. My picnics are irresistible to any pokemon." As she finished speaking the arm sprang to life, it lept from the Kings hands to the floor and scurried about. The King cried out for his three favorite pokemon to catch it but they were too afraid and it escaped out the door and back to the hill. "What is the third item you wish for me to bring to you?" Corsola asked with a bow. The King thought hard, he wanted her even more and was desperate to think of something that she could not give to him. Finally he had his answer, "I want luck." Satisfied that she would be unable to fulfill his request the King smiled wickedly. If she could not bring him luck then he would have her as his queen, and if she did bring him luck then he would expand his empire. Later that evening Corsola returned with a large growlithe. Seeing the pokemon the King had the fisherman brought up from the dungeon and scowled at Corsola, "I told you to bring me luck, not another pet!" "Feed it a fire stone, and soon you will have your luck." Corsola said as she gave the growlithe to the King, "This is your third request, now please free my husband." "I never said I would free your husband, only a fool would let you leave." And the King had his favorite pokemon block her escape. Then he comanded the fisherman to feed the Growlithe a fire stone, and the pokemon gobbled it down in a single bite. Then flames burst from the creatures body as it evolved into an arcanine, it coughed and sputtered flames at the King until he was surrounded by a ring of fire. Corsola smiled softly, "You never told me what kind of luck to bring." As she spoke the flames caught onto the castle like a wildfire and ran up the pillars to the roof where it billowed like a flock of moltres. It leapt from the palace roof all the way to the Brass tower. And panicked the Kings three favorite pokemon went to save the bird inside. Corsola lept onto the arcanine's back and helped her husband on behind her. The pokemon ran out the palace gates and carried them safely home, and all that remained of the cruel, greedy King was a pile of ashes and melted bronze and gold. The End If anyone who reads this would like to make a request for the next story feel free to say so here or through a private message. Please link me to a copy of the story, or give me a quick play by play just in case I've never heard it. Otherwise I will just continue on with... Why sveipers and zangoose feud. I know a good one about cats and dogs, it's a little long and there are a few small details to sort out. But I can make it work for pokemon.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page