PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to Convert IP's to DP's

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12345

As of this post, we have two main ways of obtaining Delta Points, or DP's, each with a valid reason:
  • Guest Clicks (1DP/IP Address) for bringing in new people through BBcode on other site forums as well as social media
  • Trading S/A/M specimens to improve the S/A/M market
Even with this, I feel that there is still little information as to how Delta Types are influenced - we know that V~Wave and parentage are factors (Correct us if we're wrong, Niet), but I believe that there's still more to learn. There's also the issue with Interaction Points, or IP's (not to be confused with IP Addresses); unless you're a serious Albino/Melan hunter, and even if you have an Albino Radar you're likely gonna bring it to the maximum level and just put in 100 IP every game day thereafter. With users clicking regularly, especially with events such as Interaction/Interaction Point-based Tourneys, several recent story-based events, the Type Race, and MCW's, along with people chasing the Pokerus, it shouldn't really be surprising that some users have millions, if not billions, of Interaction Points (I personally have 5,261,396 IP's) just waiting to be spent. So I figured, why not have the ability to convert IP's to DP's? Only users with the Holon Capacitator would be able to do this, and it'll provide a true IP sink for people who passively Albino/Melan hunt ("My Albino Radar's at Lv. 7; let's put in 100IP in there and call it a day"). In addition, it'll increase the size of the sample pools of people who currently are dedicating part of their time trying to figure out the other influences of the Delta Types. I've seen similar suggestions rejected because of this:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

δPs were designed to serve two purposes: - Open up the community to try and get some more people involved - Siphon alternate-coloured Pokémon from the game
To preserve and maybe even improve the game balance to avoid this suggestion being broken, there'd be a maximum amount of IP's you would convert per day, with Hypermode users having their maximum being higher than regular users. This cap would prevent users from using this feature to the exclusion of what's currently available There's also the issue of this:

QUOTE originally posted by Summary of Rejected Suggestions

Buying Items directly with Interaction Points

Aside from the Albino Radar, this is not a planned feature.
This, I believe, is valid. However, there's also this:

QUOTE originally posted by Summary of Rejected Suggestions

See Egg Sprites Before Adoption

Not being able to see the Egg Sprite for Eggs you don't have an EggDex for is part of the challenge. Not being able to see the Egg Sprite is also a helpful clue that you have not yet hatched this Egg and might want to grab it.
Take a look at the Lab and you'll find an inconsistency there... This is proof that the opinions of the higher-ups on the Staff Hierarchy can change. It's common knowledge that the SoRS is outdated, and Eltafez did say that the SoRS will be updated. Questions, comments, concerns?

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Mystera's AvatarMystera
I feel like the only way this could be balanced is if the conversion rate was so high that no one would end up using it. I personally tend to barely scrape together enough IP to use due to general lack of activity, so whenever I end up with access I just hang onto it for a later date. Plus you can sorta-kinda-almost do this by just hatching albinos and turning them in. Hardcore clickers can and will max out any form of limit you try to impose. Besides, it takes a good 15-20 points to Delta-ify your average egg. If you did, say, 100k IP = 1 DP max 10 per day, that's 1mil IP to make half an egg. Half.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
We just really, really don't need more ways to get DP right now. There is so much IP floating out there that it would serve as a huge source of DP, therefore undermining the current methods and damaging their purposes.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper
No support as well. I just feel like if you give more ways of getting Delta Pokemon it will be another shiny situation. Where there so over done that we have an over abundance of them and no one wants to buy them. I mean the entire reason why we even have Delta points is to finally get rid of the over stocked hoards of Shinnies
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Kang's AvatarKang
No support. We honestly don't need more ways of getting DP. Plus, as already stated, this would just end up damaging the market and it would be a similar situation to when selling shinies kicked the bucket for a spell.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
CHILL's AvatarCHILL
The point is literally to put your party on other sites so people click, and possibly get them into the game(that’s why I’m here), and to help shinies have SOME value. This would pretty much ruin those purposes, because like Mystera said, hardcore clickers can get lots of DPs easily. So no support.
0/300! To start Shiny Entei Hunt!
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
No support for reasons already stated. I'm one of those hardcore clickers and would get a ton of dps if this were to be implemented and probably wouldn't trade anymore shinies for dp. Also, I don't get why someone wouldn't recharge 100k if they had that much extra ip. Even if you're not hunting/chaining it's quite inefficient to charge only 100 because: a)albinos are random and don't need a chain b) charging 100k gives you way more chances than just 100. Additionally, you can always sell albino radars for gp or credits. I make a lot of my credits just from that alone.
Duskar's AvatarDuskar

QUOTE originally posted by Gladion

We just really, really don't need more ways to get DP right now. There is so much IP floating out there that it would serve as a huge source of DP, therefore undermining the current methods and damaging their purposes.
This, basically. Shinies are just gonna oversaturate the market [which still hasn’t recovered :0] yet again since why should you buy shinies? Just wait for a Garthic day and click your heart out! People want shinies even less because this would ‘cut out the middle man’ in a way. Why waste a failing currency of GP when you just hit numbers on a keyboard? Or tap a screen? If it wasn’t clear, god no no support :p
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
Bump?
Silver-Sün's AvatarSilver-Sün
No support, staff has said they are not changing how delta points are earned. Pretty recently too. Niet saying why delta points exist. Constantine stating staff will not change delta points. Edit: that, and prople can click like mad. I have so many IPs right now I could probably get a hog load of Delta Points... Yeah, no thanks, that'll break Delta and Shiny economies.
Avatar commissioned from Novareii on this site. Thanks!

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page