PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

15+ Clan Subforum

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

So I applied to create a Clan in which fellow members of the Land of the Lustrous fandom can discuss all things LotL. Land of the Lustrous is a manga/anime-type thing similar to what I gleaned from Steven Universe (I've never watched the show, per se, but have extended family that do). Instead of having humanoid gems that mispronounce peridot (pair-IH doh) as pair-ih-DOT (believe me; it bugs my mom as much as it bugs me, and she's the one with the books on gems) that co-exists with humankind and seems to be a predominatly all-female race with a male born every, what, hundred years or so (maybe? idk lol), humanity fled into the ocean and evolved, splitting into three parts. One part formed a symbiotic relationship with a photosynthesizing micro-organism - in exchange for the organism's protection, the part of humanity mentioned turned into immortal, animated, humanoid gems named after the gem they've turned into, such as Cinnabar, Alexandrite, and Phosphyllite - and walked on land once more, their outward gender appearance ambiguous. They became known as the Lustrous. However, the franchise is considered PG-13, and while I will admit that, as far as I know, there are instances of violence (several scenes) and suggestive nudity (only a couple scenes; definitely less than the violence, that's for sure), but one, the violence is part of the story, two, no one technically dies (The Admirablis, another part of humankind, are mortal, but no true Admirablis deaths have yet to be confirmed in the manga. The Lunarians, the enigmatic third part, is a mystery), three, deaths happen in tales written for a younger audience, and four, the suggestive nudity is, well, suggestive. The word itself is in italics, and is the key word here. If there were full-blown nudity, the Clan that I applied to make would've been classified as a Mature Clan, I feel. It seems as though content classified as PG-13/15+ creates a sort of gray area in terms of Clan creation, a gray area that I aim to remove with this suggestion. With this suggestion, there would be no more than two "15+ Clan" subforums, one for Pokemon (Which may not even be needed lol), and one for pretty much everything else as long as it's not 18+, as the offending Clans would be in Mature Clans (Which would not be affected). What would this mean for Clan applications that were previously denied due to PG-13/15+ content? If this were to be implemented, we would go one of two routes here:
  • Review Past Denied Clan Apps. We know or suspect that there's a place where deleted threads go to where only Mods can access, hence why deleted threads can be "undeleted." Can I say the same for denied Clan applications? Not really. If I'm wrong, feel free to reject my reality and substitute your own where this is concerned.
  • Re-Apply the Clan. The more efficient and logical of the options, I feel, since, as stated above, we don't know if there's a storage space for denied Clan applications. Re-applying for a PG-13/15+ Clan what was denied for that very reason may be tedious, but if it's approved and created, who's to say that such tediousness ain't worth it?
Questions, comments, concerns?

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Bump?
optiical's Avataroptiical
I definitely support. Instead of having a 15+ age requirement on making a clan, it can only be for the subforrm. Besides, if anyone tried to make a clan that wasn't appropriate for the main forum, it would be taken down.
Click Sie! This signature needs some updating. Sorry about that. The name's weasel, and Sally hates me when it comes to hatching. Edited sprites by zelenpixel!
template credit: Hercules avatar credit: sadl
Minxrod's AvatarMinxrod
It seems like it's kind of a niche that very few really care enough about. How used would the subforum be if it was created? Is there anyone else who would use it?

QUOTE originally posted by Minxrod

It seems like it's kind of a niche that very few really care enough about. How used would the subforum be if it was created? Is there anyone else who would use it?
Yes, there would be. Take a game like...DDLC. This would be a great clan, but, because of...elements of that game, we can’t have it as a clan. There are others I can’t think of off the top of my head, but you get the idea. I support this!
Avatar credit! I hope you all have a wonderful day! Type race score: 0
X-Ray Specs

X-Ray Specs

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A pair of glasses with special lenses that grant the ability to see through thick barriers.

Sells for 500

Lv. 100 — +285,273
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PoisonDark
Happiness MAX
Bashful nature
My 2-egg wonder
More opinions?
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
There's 15+ for fiction, both fan and original. There's 15+ for roleplays. Why not one for clans? I support.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Merrill's AvatarMerrill
No one seems to really use the clan feature anyway. Probably wouldn't take too long to implement but it feels unnecessary to me.
optiical's Avataroptiical
@Merrill -- the same arguement could be made against something like flipping accessories or magikarp patterns, but those suggestions were both approved! Maybe the reason people don't use the clan feature is that the thing they want to make a clan for is something categorized under 15+! It doesn't account for everyone, but still.
Merrill's AvatarMerrill
I appreciate that, but people hatch magikarp (and the idea was actually to increase the usage of the fishing thing) and we have a contest frequently, with prizes. There are around 25 clans. I don't see the use, and I honestly feel like there can't be enough topics that are "15+" that would make the forum viable. If everyone on this thread had a 15+ clan they would want to make or join, sure, why not. But you don't use the clan forum as it is, and you really can't mean to say you only talk about games and movies and etc with a 16 triangle on it.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page