PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gardening and You v2 [a WIP]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123456

impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
  • watering
  • yield
  • mulch
  • items
  • pokeblocks

gardening how-to

in this guide, i hope to collect all of the data pertaining to everything to do with the berry garden, and share it with you all after discussing things with niet, he let me know how the garden works and it is a lot more complicated than i originally thought! it's more than just not letting the garden go dry, though that is a part of it. (see bottom for a basic summary) to start with, there are two factors to yield - the stages of growth, and the plant moisture every plant's growth cycle is split into 4 stages - typically, these would be equal, but because of the way that the garden looks at things by the hour post-planting (that is to say, if you plant the berry at 14:26, the garden 'updates' the growth at 15:26), it sometimes sounds in weird ways when using a mulch. in further sections of this guide, i actually have these mapped out for ease, but essentially if you split the timeline in 4 equal parts, to find the actual time you round to the nearest hour after planting. the first time you water the plant during one of these stages, the yield will increase by 25% of the maximum yield range. the other portion of the yield calculations has to do with the moisture level of the plant. each berry has a 'drain rate'/ moisture starts at 100 whenever it is planted, and then every 60 minutes later, the drain rate is subtracted from the plant. whenever the moisture score is below 50, it will show as damp. whenever it is below 0, it will show as dry - going dry damages the plant, which reduces the yield these two aspects combined make quite an interesting schedule of care, but i will be updating this guide with a full layout of best practices soon! tl;dr water individually right after planting, than again every quarter section of the growth time and you'll get best yield unless it goes dry
various berries take various lengths of time to grow, this is true, and from this, they also vary in how quickly they grow damp and dry. below, i've charted these numbers for your convenience

common

growthdampdry
cheri, chesto, pecha, rawst, aspear
12 hr4 hr7 hr
leppa, oran, persim
16 hr4 hr7 hr
lum
48 hr7 hr13 hr
sitrus
32 hr8 hr15 hr
figy, wiki, mago, aguav, iapapa
20 hr5 hr10 hr

berries

growthdampdry
razz, bluk, nanab, wepear, pinap
8 hr2 hr3 hr
pomeg, kelpsy, qualot, qualot, hondew, grepa, tamato
32 hr7 hr13 hr
cornn, magost, rabuta, nomel
24 hr5 hr10 hr
spelon, pamtre, watmel, durin, belue
60 hr7 hr13 hr

rare

growthdampdry
occa, passho, wacan, rindo, yache, chople, kebia, shuca, coba, payapa, tanga, charti, kasib, haban, colbur, babiri, roseli, chilan
72 hr9 hr17 hr

special

growthdampdry
liechi, ganlon, salac, petaya, apicot, starf, kee, maranga, enigma
96 hr13 hr25 hr
micle, custap, jaboca, lansat, rowap
96 hr8 hr15 hr
max yield is what you get when you water at least once in each of the 4 stages of growth, as well as without letting the berries go dry for every watering stage you miss, the yield is reduced by 25% of the max range every time the plants go dry, the max is reduced by 1 (note: this is calculated when the plant is watered - so if it is dry near the end of its growth cycle, and you did the 1st part correctly, you may be better off not watering it. mostly only applicable to the long growth time berries)

common berries

grow timeminmax
cheri
chesto
pecha
rawst
aspear
12 hr24-5
leppa
oran
persim
16 hr24-5
lum
48 hr24-5
sitrus
32 hr24-5
figy
wiki
mago
aguav
iapapa
20 hr14-5

berries

razz
bluk
nanab
wepear
pinap
8 hr28-10
pomeg
kelpsy
qualot
hondew
grepa
tamato
32 hr14-5
cornn
magost
rabuta
nomel
24 hr28-10
spelon
pamtre
watmel
durin
belue
60 hr2-314-15

rare berries

occa
passho
wacan
rindo
yache
chople
kebia
shuca
coba
payapa
tanga
charti
kasib
haban
colbur
babiri
roseli
chilan
72 hr14-5

special berries

liechi
ganlon
salac
petaya
apicot
starf
kee
maranga
enigma
micle
custap
jaboca
lansat
rowap
96 hr14-5
  • growth
  • damp
  • stable
  • gooey
  • perfect
Growth Mulch shorts the growth, and subsequently watering, times of all berries Damp Mulch slows down the growth, and subsequently watering, times for all berries Stable Mulch allows plants to be harvested for a longer amount of time before dying Gooey Mulch allows berries to regrow from dead soil more times Perfect Mulch is the only way to get Perfect Berries
Growth Mulch shorts the growth, and subsequently watering, times of all berries

common berries

growthdampdry
cheri
chesto
pecha
rawst
aspear
9 hr3 hr5 hr
leppa
oran
persim
12 hr3 hr5 hr
lum
36 hr5 hr9 hr
sitrus
24 hr5 hr10 hr
figy
wiki
mago
aguav
iapapa
15 hr4 hr7 hr

berries

razz
bluk
nanab
wepear
pinap
6 hr1 hr2 hr
pomeg
kelpsy
qualot
hondew
grepa
tamato
24 hr5 hr9 hr
cornn
magost
rabuta
nomel
18 hr4 hr7 hr
spelon
pamtre
watmel
durin
belue
45 hr5 hr9 hr

rare berries

occa
passho
wacan
rindo
yache
chople
kebia
shuca
coba
payapa
tanga
charti
kasib
haban
colbur
babiri
roseli
chilan
54 hr6 hr12 hr

special berries

liechi
ganlon
salac
petaya
apicot
starf
kee
maranga
enigma
72 hr9 hr17 hr
micle
custap
jaboca
lansat
rowap
72 hr5 hr10 hr
Damp Mulch slows down the growth, and subsequently watering, times for all berries

common berries

growthdampdry
cheri
chesto
pecha
rawst
aspear
15 hr7 hr? hr
leppa
oran
persim
20 hr7 hr? hr
lum
60 hr13 hr? hr
sitrus
40 hr15 hr? hr
figy
wiki
mago
aguav
iapapa
25 hr10 hr? hr

berries

razz
bluk
nanab
wepear
pinap
10 hr3 hr6 hr
pomeg
kelpsy
qualot
hondew
grepa
tamato
40 hr13 hr? hr
cornn
magost
rabuta
nomel
30 hr10 hr? hr
spelon
pamtre
watmel
durin
belue
75 hr13 hr? hr

rare berries

occa
passho
wacan
rindo
yache
chople
kebia
shuca
coba
payapa
tanga
charti
kasib
haban
colbur
babiri
roseli
chilan
90 hr17 hr? hr

special berries

liechi
ganlon
salac
petaya
apicot
starf
kee
maranga
enigma
120 hr? hr? hr
micle
custap
jaboca
lansat
rowap
120 hr15 hr? hr
Stable Mulch allows plants to be harvested for a longer amount of time before dying and replanting themselves (normally same as growth time) More research to be done
Gooey Mulch allows berries to regrow from dead soil more times than normal before the soil can no longer regenerate them More research to be done
Perfect Mulch is the only way to get Perfect Berries - which are used to increase and max out the Affection stat, required for Sylveon and Dusk Lycanroc evolutions, as well as in order to breed Kinaster from Solynx and Lunapine It can only be used on the 12 hour berries, those that visibly represent the 5 flavours on pokefarm - aspear, cheri, chesto, pecha, and rawst Perfect berries only work on pokemon of the nature that matches the flavour of the berry - any flavour pokemon can eat any berry type
when you gather the berries from your garden, you have a chance of collecting certain items. the better watered you kept the garden while growing, the greater your chances. one of these is the gracidea forme-change item for shaymin. this requires no other pre-requisite besides being perfectly watered. the other is nectars, which are the consumable forme-change item for oricorio and quibbit, and the only way to get the PFQ exclusive pointe-forme oricorio. collecting nectar requires a ribombee (NO totem-forme ribombee) to be in your party. each ribombee can collect one nectar, and each plant has potential to give one nectar, so having a full party of ribombee with well-watered crops gives the best odds. the colour of the nectar depends on the colour of the berries being collected. canonically blue berries are considered purple on pokefarm, since there is no blue nectar. if all else fails, the inventory will tell you what colour the berry is, and what nectar it has a chance of producing
yellow
aspear
sitrus
iapapa
pinap
grepa
nomel
wacan
shuca
charti
chilan
liechi
maranga
enigma
jaboca
pink
pecha
persim
mago
nanab
qualot
magost
spelon
kasib
colbur
petaya
lansat
kee
purple
chesto
oran
wiki
bluk
kelpsy
cornn
pamtre
belue
passho
yache
coba
ganlon
apicot
rowap
red
cheri
leppa
figy
razz
pomeg
tamato
occa
chople
payapa
haban
roseli
custap
green
rawst
lum
aguav
wepear
hondew
rabuta
watmel
durin
rindo
kebia
tanga
babiri
salac
starf
micle

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
13204 pts .
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Two inquiries... 1) "Yield Type 3: Watering when the garden becomes damp. There is no alert for this, so alarms are your best friend. Mass watering button is usable." Do you happen to know the 'damp' timing for each of the various berries, or groups of berries? (i.e. 'every 3 hrs' or '25% of the timing' etc.) And if so, would you be willing to add that to your chart? 2) "Yield Type 4: Never allowing the garden to become dry or even damp. This requires you to be active almost the entire growth period, and to individually water each plot, which resets the watering cycle. There is no easy mass water button for this method." Is there anywhere the bold portion above is stated officially? Or some extended trial where this was proved? I know you could sometimes override with the Old garden plots (when the 'garden' actually looked like a garden). But since the massive rewrite to the current garden format, I have always seemed to have my berries go damp, no matter how much I watered them individually. So I gave up doing so. Additionally, you cannot get 'perfect' berries without perfect/max yields (according to the official instructions anyways), and I was getting them all the time with my plantings going damp, so that also seems to indicate it is ineffective to water when they are wet. Would love to be proved wrong though. (And again if so, would have loved to have that information Before this weeks tournament :P)
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 3375 pts Current Shiny Hunt 6/431 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
To answer your questions in order: 1) The 'damp' and 'dry' timing for the various berries are something I do plan on recording for each berry, not to worry. 2) I rather frequently have done this, and it has seemed to work. It's mainly been a thing that I did when I'm leaving the computer for a bit, and I have returned at a point in time later that it would have been dry normally, but it is only damp. However it is true that there may not be a difference in yields between methods 3 and 4, but the data also isn't in yet to say that there isn't either. On perfect berries, well, I havent toyed around much with those yet either. I know the Amaze Mulch is used to increase the chance of perfect berries being produced, but I do not yet know how the watering and yields affect this. As for having this knowledge beforehand in relation to this tournament, yeah. It was this lack of a current guide in light of this tournament that pushed me to make this guide in the first place.
Trebor's AvatarTrebor

QUOTE originally posted by JaneCrocker

... As for having this knowledge beforehand in relation to this tournament, yeah. It was this lack of a current guide in light of this tournament that pushed me to make this guide in the first place.
Well, thank you for doing this in particular, regardless. Also for the other information you answered as well. I look forward to seeing/following your results :-) Cheers! *-*-*-*-*-*-*-* <Edit> So, on a quick limited (singular) test, it does appear that Not letting a plant go damp significantly increases the yield (almost double in this instance). Details - planted 32 Nanab berries (8 hrs harvest time) as my last set for the Tournament. Kept going back to water them all day, but missed 4 plants at the bottom (1 time?) that went damp once. Yield for the first 28 plant were 6-8 berries each, mostly 7 or 8 per. The last few were only 4 each. Again, a Very limited sample size, but makes me all that more interested to see your results. <End edit>
Mattykips's AvatarMattykips
I hope this isn't a stupid question; what exactly.. do the berries do? Do they have a purpose?
Eyyo, I'm Matt. I'm a 24 year old queer & trans author. I'm a generally anxious and quiet person. I like puns, cats and food.. and Pokemon, obviously. Sparring: Accepting Friend Requests: Accepting Messaging: Accepting I have a shop -> Boop Please click my mother as well! -> KiahTaiga Avatar by Clow: free for use.

QUOTE originally posted by Mattykips

I hope this isn't a stupid question; what exactly.. do the berries do? Do they have a purpose?
The basic 5 types, the 12 hr ones in the common berries category, can grow Perfect X Berries, which can be used to raise Affection, which is necessary to evolve Sylveon. All berries can be turned into Pokeblocks, which are used in contests to raise certain stats.
Pilicious's AvatarPilicious

QUOTE originally posted by Mattykips

They can also be upsold by a pretty penny, easily one of the best ways to make credits on this site from what I've seen. I'll get some data for you on Enigma Berries since that's typically what I like to grow. :3
I commissioned my Avatar from Surgary Violet on Tumblr. She can be found here. Thank you for reading my signature.
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I've been gathering berry data myself for awhile now, so I can add some things. 1. Yes watering while wet definitely resets the watering cycle, I've confirmed this so many times. 2. I believe you can't have perfectly watered berries unless they're always wet, so this is important for gathering nectar and better berry yields. 3. You don't need to perfectly water berries to get perfect berries, but it does increase the yield of perfect berries. In my experience perfect watering gets you close to 1 perfect berry per berry planted, whereas watering while damp yields about 23/32 perfect berries. 4. From what I can tell, what matters is how much time berries spend wet as opposed to damp or dry - I'm not sure if damp vs dry makes a difference, but if you water berries when they're damp your results will vary based on whether they're damp for a total of .1 vs 1.2 watering cycles, if that makes sense. Some data:
BerryDampDry
Cheri-Persim47
Lum7
Sitrus8
Figy-Iapapa5
Pomeg-Grepa7-811-13
Tamato7
Cornn-Nomel5
Spelon-Belue7
Occa-Yache9
Cheri-Persim47
Razz-Pinap yield 9-10 berries when perfectly watered and 2-3 when watered only once. I think the yield is around 8 when 1 watering was missed but I'm not sure. Cheri-Leppa yield 4-5 berries when perfectly watered and 2 berries when not watered at all.
Do we have any information on which berries produce which nectars? I read somewhere it was flower color but I'm not seeing that logged anywhere. Could it be based on berry color instead?

0/~800 tidal bells
avatar drawn by the amazing jurobii!
Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
I know for sure that Lum berries produce green nectars, and Chesto produces purple nectar
[ PFQ +12 | Works 9am-5pm Mon-Fri ] - Been a while, bear with me while I reacclimatise - Free Exclusive and Variant Exchange! Credits: Avatar | Signature | Banners

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page