PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gardening and You v2 [a WIP]

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123

ÎMPÏSH's AvatarÎMPÏSH

Garden Guide

Given how incomplete, and also how non-updating the previous garden guide is, I have taken it upon myself to chart a new one (with permission from the original creator). It will take some time, but I will eventually get everything complete, I promise.

Berry Growth

In gardening, probably the most important thing is in a) how long it takes to grow the berries, and b) how watering affects the berry yield. Yield Type 1: No watering at all. Common if you are offline for an extended period, and plant a quickly-maturing berry. Yield Type 2: Watering when the garden becomes dry. An alert pops up when the plots become dry. Most common for people that get distracted or lose track of time easily. Mass watering button is great. Yield Type 3: Watering when the garden becomes damp. There is no alert for this, so alarms are your best friend. Mass watering button is usable. Yield Type 4: Never allowing the garden to become dry or even damp. This requires you to be active almost the entire growth period, and to individually water each plot, which resets the watering cycle. There is no easy mass water button for this method. Below, I have (in progress) charts that map out these factors.

Common Berry Growth

Berry Time Yield 1 Yield 2 Yield 3 Yield 4
Cheri 12 hr 4
Chesto
Pecha
Rawst
Aspear
Leppa 16 hr 2
Oran
Persim
Lum 48 hr
Sitrus 32 hr
Figy 20 hr
Wiki
Mago
Aguav
Iapapa

Berry Growth

Razz 8 hr 2 2-4 6-8 8-10
Bluk
Nanab
Wepear
Pinap
Pomeg 32 hr
Kelpsy
Qualot
Hondew
Grepa
Tamato
Cornn 24 hr
Magost
Rabuta
Nomel
Spelon 60 hr
Pamtre
Watmel
Durin
Belue

Rare Berry Growth

Occa 72 hr
Passho
Wacan
Rindo
Yache
Chople
Kebia
Shuca
Coba
Payapa
Tanga
Charti
Kasib
Haban
Colbur
Babiri
Roseli
Chilan

Special Berry Growth

Liechi 96 hr 1
Ganlon
Salac
Petaya
Apicot
Starf
Kee
Maranga
Enigma
Micle
Custap
Jaboca
Lansat
Rowap

Watering

Various berries take various lengths of time to grow, this is true, and from this, they also vary in how quickly they grow damp and dry. Below, I've charted these numbers for your convenience.

Common Berry Watering

Berry Time Damp Dry
Cheri 12 hr 4 hr 7 hr
Chesto
Pecha
Rawst
Aspear
Leppa 16 hr 4 hr 7 hr
Oran
Persim
Lum 48 hr 7 hr
Sitrus 32 hr 8 hr
Figy 20 hr 5 hr
Wiki
Mago
Aguav
Iapapa

Berry Watering

Berry Time Damp Dry
Razz 8 hr 2 hr 3 hr
Bluk
Nanab
Wepear
Pinap
Pomeg 32 hr 7 hr
Kelpsy
Qualot
Hondew
Grepa
Tamato
Cornn 24 hr 5 hr
Magost
Rabuta
Nomel
Spelon 60 hr 7 hr
Pamtre
Watmel
Durin
Belue

Rare Berry Watering

Berry Time Damp Dry
Occa 72 hr 9 hr
Passho
Wacan
Rindo
Yache
Chople
Kebia
Shuca
Coba
Payapa
Tanga
Charti
Kasib
Haban
Colbur
Babiri
Roseli
Chilan

Special Berry Watering

Berry Time Damp Dry
Liechi 96 hr
Ganlon
Salac
Petaya
Apicot
Starf
Kee
Maranga
Enigma
Micle
Custap
Jaboca
Lansat
Rowap

Mulch

Growth Mulch, which shortens the growth time of all berries, also changes the watering times.

Common Berry Watering w/Growth Mulch

Berry Time Damp Dry
Cheri ? hr 3 hr
Chesto
Pecha
Rawst
Aspear
Leppa ? hr
Oran
Persim
Lum ? hr
Sitrus ? hr
Figy ? hr
Wiki
Mago
Aguav
Iapapa

Berry Watering w/Growth Mulch

Berry Time Damp Dry
Razz 6 hr 1 hr 2 hr
Bluk
Nanab
Wepear
Pinap
Pomeg ? hr
Kelpsy
Qualot
Hondew
Grepa
Tamato
Cornn ? hr
Magost
Rabuta
Nomel
Spelon ? hr
Pamtre
Watmel
Durin
Belue

Rare Berry Watering w/Growth Mulch

Berry Time Damp Dry
Occa ? hr
Passho
Wacan
Rindo
Yache
Chople
Kebia
Shuca
Coba
Payapa
Tanga
Charti
Kasib
Haban
Colbur
Babiri
Roseli
Chilan

Special Berry Watering w/Growth Mulch

Berry Time Damp Dry
Liechi ? hr
Ganlon
Salac
Petaya
Apicot
Starf
Kee
Maranga
Enigma
Micle
Custap
Jaboca
Lansat
Rowap
1518/9600 (15.81%)
3705/6600 (38.59%)
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Two inquiries... 1) "Yield Type 3: Watering when the garden becomes damp. There is no alert for this, so alarms are your best friend. Mass watering button is usable." Do you happen to know the 'damp' timing for each of the various berries, or groups of berries? (i.e. 'every 3 hrs' or '25% of the timing' etc.) And if so, would you be willing to add that to your chart? 2) "Yield Type 4: Never allowing the garden to become dry or even damp. This requires you to be active almost the entire growth period, and to individually water each plot, which resets the watering cycle. There is no easy mass water button for this method." Is there anywhere the bold portion above is stated officially? Or some extended trial where this was proved? I know you could sometimes override with the Old garden plots (when the 'garden' actually looked like a garden). But since the massive rewrite to the current garden format, I have always seemed to have my berries go damp, no matter how much I watered them individually. So I gave up doing so. Additionally, you cannot get 'perfect' berries without perfect/max yields (according to the official instructions anyways), and I was getting them all the time with my plantings going damp, so that also seems to indicate it is ineffective to water when they are wet. Would love to be proved wrong though. (And again if so, would have loved to have that information Before this weeks tournament :P)
Lookie what was made for Me! :-D Click HERE for their Sprite Shop
New? Click my friends Shop below :-)
ÎMPÏSH's AvatarÎMPÏSH
To answer your questions in order: 1) The 'damp' and 'dry' timing for the various berries are something I do plan on recording for each berry, not to worry. 2) I rather frequently have done this, and it has seemed to work. It's mainly been a thing that I did when I'm leaving the computer for a bit, and I have returned at a point in time later that it would have been dry normally, but it is only damp. However it is true that there may not be a difference in yields between methods 3 and 4, but the data also isn't in yet to say that there isn't either. On perfect berries, well, I havent toyed around much with those yet either. I know the Amaze Mulch is used to increase the chance of perfect berries being produced, but I do not yet know how the watering and yields affect this. As for having this knowledge beforehand in relation to this tournament, yeah. It was this lack of a current guide in light of this tournament that pushed me to make this guide in the first place.
Trebor's AvatarTrebor

QUOTE originally posted by JaneCrocker

... As for having this knowledge beforehand in relation to this tournament, yeah. It was this lack of a current guide in light of this tournament that pushed me to make this guide in the first place.
Well, thank you for doing this in particular, regardless. Also for the other information you answered as well. I look forward to seeing/following your results :-) Cheers! *-*-*-*-*-*-*-* <Edit> So, on a quick limited (singular) test, it does appear that Not letting a plant go damp significantly increases the yield (almost double in this instance). Details - planted 32 Nanab berries (8 hrs harvest time) as my last set for the Tournament. Kept going back to water them all day, but missed 4 plants at the bottom (1 time?) that went damp once. Yield for the first 28 plant were 6-8 berries each, mostly 7 or 8 per. The last few were only 4 each. Again, a Very limited sample size, but makes me all that more interested to see your results. <End edit>
Mattykips's AvatarMattykips
I hope this isn't a stupid question; what exactly.. do the berries do? Do they have a purpose?
Eyyo, I'm Matt. I'm a 24 year old queer & trans author. I'm a generally anxious and quiet person. I like puns, cats and food.. and Pokemon, obviously. Sparring: Accepting Friend Requests: Accepting Messaging: Accepting I have a shop -> Boop Please click my mother as well! -> KiahTaiga Avatar by Clow: free for use.
ÎMPÏSH's AvatarÎMPÏSH

QUOTE originally posted by Mattykips

I hope this isn't a stupid question; what exactly.. do the berries do? Do they have a purpose?
The basic 5 types, the 12 hr ones in the common berries category, can grow Perfect X Berries, which can be used to raise Affection, which is necessary to evolve Sylveon. All berries can be turned into Pokeblocks, which are used in contests to raise certain stats.
Pilicious's AvatarPilicious

QUOTE originally posted by Mattykips

They can also be upsold by a pretty penny, easily one of the best ways to make credits on this site from what I've seen. I'll get some data for you on Enigma Berries since that's typically what I like to grow. :3
I commissioned my Avatar from Surgary Violet on Tumblr. She can be found here. Thank you for reading my signature.
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I've been gathering berry data myself for awhile now, so I can add some things. 1. Yes watering while wet definitely resets the watering cycle, I've confirmed this so many times. 2. I believe you can't have perfectly watered berries unless they're always wet, so this is important for gathering nectar and better berry yields. 3. You don't need to perfectly water berries to get perfect berries, but it does increase the yield of perfect berries. In my experience perfect watering gets you close to 1 perfect berry per berry planted, whereas watering while damp yields about 23/32 perfect berries. 4. From what I can tell, what matters is how much time berries spend wet as opposed to damp or dry - I'm not sure if damp vs dry makes a difference, but if you water berries when they're damp your results will vary based on whether they're damp for a total of .1 vs 1.2 watering cycles, if that makes sense. Some data:
BerryDampDry
Cheri-Persim47
Lum7
Sitrus8
Figy-Iapapa5
Pomeg-Grepa7-811-13
Tamato7
Cornn-Nomel5
Spelon-Belue7
Occa-Yache9
Cheri-Persim47
Razz-Pinap yield 9-10 berries when perfectly watered and 2-3 when watered only once. I think the yield is around 8 when 1 watering was missed but I'm not sure. Cheri-Leppa yield 4-5 berries when perfectly watered and 2 berries when not watered at all.
Do we have any information on which berries produce which nectars? I read somewhere it was flower color but I'm not seeing that logged anywhere. Could it be based on berry color instead?

0/~800 tidal bells
avatar drawn by the amazing jurobii!
Kaolin's AvatarKaolin
I know for sure that Lum berries produce green nectars, and Chesto produces purple nectar
[ Usually online from 3:00 to 9:00 PFQ time ] (Minimal activity on weekdays due to job and tiredness) Free fields | 1GP fakemon | 4GP 90%+ pairs | Services I trade Felisfire.net for PFQ, have lots on there. Avatar made using Live Portrait Maker app Freebie sig by Galladerox, banner credits here

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page