PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Herbal Consumables for Lowering Happiness

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 567

With all the items that raise happiness, it would only make sense to have items that lower it, like the Herbal Medicines in the main games. You might be wondering, why would we need it? Try using a Cookie on a MAX Happiness Pokemon. Good luck giving EXP to that Pokemon. There would be four of these Herbal Medicines (just like in the main games) that would lower different amounts of happiness. These are the Heal Powder, the Energy Powder, the Energy Root, and the Revival Herb. Just make sure to keep these items away from your breeding pairs. Seeing as Pokemon no longer run away when they are unhappy, this shouldn't be much a negative Questions, comments, concerns?

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Selena5000's AvatarSelena5000
But... you could just trade the mon to lower it's happiness immediately and for free? ^^"
Current avatar was made for my use by Midnight Blaze
Yeah, but unless the person that you traded with is rather generous, how much would you bet you won't see it in your possession again?
croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical
(About trading it to lower happiness) That requires having someone you trust to trade it to if its valuable. And doesnt work for account locked mons. And "pollutes" the mons history if you were hoping to keep it clear. I support this. Waiting for it to go down in a field takes awhile, itd be nice to have an instant way to do it yourself.
sauriel's Avatarsauriel
.... guys you know you can report people who take your Pokémon right??? I Dex traded someone my Mega Tyranitar and they didn't give it back. Upon filing a report, it was handled and my Tyranitar was back in my possession! Though I have to agree about that being an issue with Account-Locked Pokemon, but again there is the ability to put it in a field it doesn't like.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
selocon's Avatarselocon
We're completely ignoring the primary effects of these items and why they were balanced in the main series games: Healing. In Gen 3 (I'm playing Emerald) you have access to revival herbs, and thus revival of pokemon in battle, as early as Mauville City and the third gym, since getting to verdanturf is as simple as going westward and dodging the pesky trainers. Revival herbs function entirely like max revives, but considering at this point in the games there is no where accessible to buy even normal revives, revival herbs are a godsend. Plus, like Soda Pop and Lemonade, these items filled the healing gap between Super and Hyper potions--a gap of 150 HP between the two. And this is intentional. It's designed to make you make a choice-choice--use either a less available (the drinks) item, one that lowers happiness (the medicines), or use multiple potions or effectively waste HP restoration by using a too-powerful potion. So, they lower happiness, what's the upside, here? I see these items as highly situational, as said in numerous other suggestions, either put the pokemon you need to level in your party or daycare, or put it in a field it doesn't like. Because I don't see a balancing feature for this. Do they give experience? Then they have to be rare enough to not be used all the time. No support
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
I support this, mainly because of Sylveon. If you have an Eevee with both affection and happiness maxed out, it won't be able to evolve into a Sylveon until you lower its happiness, which may be either risky (trading) or time/currency-consuming (putting it in a field it dislikes - if you can afford such field, that is)
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
HeptapodOne's AvatarHeptapodOne
I also support, but a small suggestion about it. What about, if say, you're in a battle, and your Pokemon is holding the herb. At a time where it could almost be fainted, the herb gives it a *small* boost. In exchange, of course, for lowering the happiness. This way, it makes it so that it helps you by giving HP boost and lowering the happiness. The herb would be one time use, and after the battle, your Pokemon would be holding nothing because it ate said herb. There would the small issue of people abusing this by always giving their mombut what about making it so that there is 50:50 chance of whether it works. Like if it doesn't work, it could put out a small message, "your Pokemon used the (insert whatever)! It gains some HP!" Instead if it fails to use said herb, "oh no! Your Pokemon dropped the (insert whatever)/the opponent Pokemon's attack destroyed the (insert whatever) and you can't use it!"
My avatar is official art!
give me steel statues
i want boxes
Spinners made by KitKatKutie2!

long quote

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

We're completely ignoring the primary effects of these items and why they were balanced in the main series games: Healing. In Gen 3 (I'm playing Emerald) you have access to revival herbs, and thus revival of pokemon in battle, as early as Mauville City and the third gym, since getting to verdanturf is as simple as going westward and dodging the pesky trainers. Revival herbs function entirely like max revives, but considering at this point in the games there is no where accessible to buy even normal revives, revival herbs are a godsend. Plus, like Soda Pop and Lemonade, these items filled the healing gap between Super and Hyper potions--a gap of 150 HP between the two. And this is intentional. It's designed to make you make a choice-choice--use either a less available (the drinks) item, one that lowers happiness (the medicines), or use multiple potions or effectively waste HP restoration by using a too-powerful potion. So, they lower happiness, what's the upside, here? I see these items as highly situational, as said in numerous other suggestions, either put the pokemon you need to level in your party or daycare, or put it in a field it doesn't like. Because I don't see a balancing feature for this. Do they give experience? Then they have to be rare enough to not be used all the time. No support
Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened; according to Bulbapedia, the Sweet Heart also restores HP in the main games. However, on PFQ, they raise happiness
Just wanted to bump with a potential method to obtaining these herbal medicines: Perhaps these consumables could be found in the Forest Scour Area, as it is the most sensical place to find any plant-based consumables

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page