PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 123··· 1617181920212223

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Hnnngh I am so excited about this Tourny. I *must* get an Egg. *MUST* Also I'm really happy because I managed to reach Affiliate on Twitch which means I get to design and host my own set of Badges & Emotes \o/ I should probably draw those tomorrow since I need something to do during my scheduled Tuesday Streams.
Nunka's AvatarNunka

BEHOLD, *MOFFKAT*

From my SKetchbook to your Farm, Moffkat is a line we've been waiting to add for a very long time now and one that I'm quite excited to be sharing with you guys. Their base is quite obvious, what would you get if you mashed a Moth and a Cat into the same body? We decided to find out.

Original Concepts

The original Concept for Kitwurm was actually a bit different from the Released incarnation. Moffkat was actually designed *First* so when I sat down and needed a Baby Version I knew what I wanted but not what I wanted them to look like. The design ended up themed around a fluffy Caterpiller based on the Tuft Moth with a Kitten head and little Scottish Fold ears. I didn't quite like this original design concept as much as I could so I ended up scrapping but I still kept the original design's *Theme* and kept 2 partial ques. It ended up being based on a more rounded worm, leg pairs dropped from 5 to 3 keeping with the more rounded orbs for simplification and its cheek floods were stretched around its head to give it a better silluete and definition while still simplifying the design. - Purrpa was more of a spurr of the moment design. I needed a Pupa mon but I didn't know what it should look like. What I ended up doing was drawing a Cat-like tail shape then started drawing lines on it to make it more insectoid. Once I realized where it was going, I buckleld down and the design ended up being based on a mix between Metapod & a Milkweed or Kapok Seed pod. Moffkat didn't change too drasticly after the first time I threw it into our Art Chat. Much of its original design was kept, just simplified in the terms of fluff, opting for more simple but larger tufts. To be honest, I really like how the Mane on Eevee seperates the Front of the Body from its back half so I ended up adding this element into the design with its own version. Its whole Cheek fluff system ended up being inspired after our Art Chat ended up filled with Moffkat Sketches after it strung a positive cord with our Staff Team and several Artists rushed to draw as much cute as they cook. I really liked how Lunermancy drew hers so we ended up using it in the final. It also helped because I was able to combine the Whiskers into them, which I kept forgetting to add anyways. - Drawn by Lunarmancy during our first Moffkat Art Session

Species Facts

Heights Kitwurm is 0.2m Tall (7.8inchs) Purrpa is 0.3m Tall (12 inches) and Moffkat is 0.5m Tall (19 inches) Moffkat are dorky lovable fluffies who don't really have the greatest attention span. They're easily distractable and readily excited. They may either find it too hard to focus on one thing or hyperfixate on another. The species as a whole is Tribal in Nature so they do happen to do better if you raise them in groups. Just keep in mind that one is already a handful and adding more may leads to hyjinks. In the wild, Moffkat can be seen in large swarms that often break off into smaller random groups, usually not of the same individuals. These mass swarms are most common during Spring and Winter. Their Distracable nature though makes Moffkat horrible parents. They often forget they even had Eggs after leaving them in the community piles. Kitwurm are often left to fend for themselves and are usually neglected as a result. Luckily, because they are Tribal in nature, Kitwurm will bundle together to help take care of one another and pass down learned skills from older individuals down to the newly hatched before they evolve as a means of maintaining themselves. Kitwurm are naturally grumpy all the time. In the Wild, it's usually due to their resentment of their adults, who seem to still be hanging around but apparently seem to "Abandoned" them. They're also usually jealous due to their lack of wings and having short legs. A kitwurm owned by a Trainer will still find a way to be unhappy even if they aren't neglected. They usually suffer from either a lack of playmates, having to be completely dependent on its trainer and short legs. They may also just be Hangry and don't want to bug you about it. They're often swayed by their naturally occuring negative emotions even if they are pretending to be fine. Eventually a Kitwurm will evolve into a Purrpa. Similar to real life butterflies and moths, the body inside the shell of a Purra turns to goo... and so does its brain. Evolving often throws them into confusion and panic because they gradually start to experience memory loss issues. Already suffering from the negative emotions of its prior stage, their vision also quickly fades leaving them in the dark of their own shell. At this stage they're also unable to move, quickly falling to Sadness and numbess as a Combination of newfound forced complete Dependency, memory loss and feeling trapped in the dark. Purrpa can often be heard purring. They're not nessacarily happy, it's just a way of soothing themselves. Once the transition is finished, a Purrpa will begin to experience emotions it hadn't quite been able to reconize or grasp before and after a while, seeing a Shiny Light, they break out of their Husk and emerge as Moffkat. The new Moffkat experience something akin to Amnesia and it's not uncommon for them to not remember anything of their previous stages. They can however remember faces, even if they can't remember the names or experiences associated with them, just positive feelings. Memories made after the Transition work fine. Moffkats are just derpy. A Trainer willing to take the patience and effort to raise a Kitwurm to Moffkat will find their Love returned over thricefold. Akin to their same reaction to Lamps and other Lights, a Trainer is seen as a Beacon of Positivity and they will be naturally attracted to their partners. Even if they wander off randomly(while Not in a Pokeball) due to gathering with other Moffkat, they'll always return once they remember they aren't where they belong. A Moffkat's most common greeting is to Fly straight into your face to awkwardly grip your head with all 6 of their legs as best as they can while excitedly flapping their wings and sometimes squeaking. They are facehuggers. They will Cling to things they like, once attached. You are one of those things. Triva:
  • Moffkat: Their Fluttering Wings sound like Purring. It's unknown if it's caused by the vibration of their wings or if they just purr when they flutter or fly.
  • Moffkat can have similar but different Wing patterns (Not Shown on PFQ)
  • Kitwurm's back pattern will hint at its adult Moffkat Wing Pattern.
  • Kitwurm have Resting Grumpy Cat Face.
  • Kitwurm's ears always flop, similar to a newborn kitten or scottish fold. They can temporarily get stuck if a sibling grooms them.
  • The thick coat of fur covering a Purrpa's backside does have a shell underneath.
  • Purrpa exibits traits that are often Symptoms of Depression, which is the cause of its inital sadness when it first evolves.
  • Moffkat was initially refered to as "Cat Moth" before staff started the naming process.
  • Due to being attracted to shiny objects, Moffkat in the wild often live in Shiny Stone rich enviroments. Kitwurm will often find these while looking for food and bring them back to the nursery making it easy for a Purrpa to come into contact with one once they're ready to evolve.
  • Purrpa's normal colours match the darker tones of Kitwurm and Moffkat's Shinies.
Naming Scheme: Kitwurm: Kitwurm is a Combination of "Kitten" and "Worm" Purrpa: Purrpa is a word mutation of "Purr" and "Pupa" Moffkat: Moffkat is a combined word mutation of "Moth" and "Cat"

Personal Notes

This species hits really close to home for me. Moffkat was made first and as the designs were being finalized and I was trying to figure out how these species interacted with each other and the world I realized that the little jokes and little facts ended up reflecting a personal bit of myself. You could say that I accidently leaked a little of myself into this species while I was pouring out my heart and soul trying to make them. The Journy from Kitwurm to Moffkat is one of a Struggle, a Fall and Recovery. It reflects a lot of what many others, including myself, have gone through. Even if you had to have help to get where you are, it doesn't matter how you got there as long as you're happy about who you've become. Be a positive influence and a Beacon that can light other's paths even in their darkest hour.

Moffkat Drawings & Memes

Because I've drawn too much of this character while waiting for so long. Memes are inspired by popular Cat or Moth Memes on the internet. Most of these will be Linked so that the Data usage on this post doesn't climb to stupid levels. General Kitwurm Memes Awiens - Katz R Liquid - Loaf Kat - X Sliding in/Maru Styles (Based on Popular cat Culture) Simon's Kat - Pusheen - Neko Atsume Animated Nyan Kat Bongo Kat
Nunka's AvatarNunka
I like animating stuff Did this as a Gift to a friend of mine
Nunka's AvatarNunka
It's been Rough the last few weeks.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So I stream on twitch every Tuesday and Saturday as a consistant kind of thing unless I'm feeling to sick to be on Camera. I usually do art, sometimes gaming and today I was just Doodling. Kitwurm is just a Mood
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Wanted to show off some illustrations I did last week during a stream
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Did this Cheeb for Shazi after she ordered from my Emergency Commissions thread. Need to work on the new stuff but gotta get my part done for the next Gen 8 batch first so it's ready to go.
Nunka's AvatarNunka

Have I ever mentioned I really like D&D?

Okay so I haven't really been able to DM a game in over 6 years. I've been playing a game with a newly made friend over the last few weeks and they've really gotten me back in the mood for writing. I'd been kinda hovering on the Idea for a while now but it more or less sparked a bit more inspiration than I've had in a while. A few days before my last birthday on the 7th, I ended up getting the idea for a Campaign setting with a Basic plot idea so I've basically been on a rampage, creating Lore and setting up stuff that I could use. I set myself up so that I'd give myself a month to prepare things and then start running the campaign then. So far we're set to start on thursday the 2nd of July and of course I plan on streaming it to Twitch. I am stupidly excited, inspired and it's gotten me out of a funk I've been dealing with for the last few months that just took a turn for the worse the week of. It was actually quite nice... Itch.io was doing a Bundle for racial justice and equality so I donated pretty early on. I wasn't really thinking much except for "hurr hurr donate & help" so I hadn't really looked into what was in the bundle until a few days later and after they'd probably added a few things. But I was fairly surprised to find a few amazing sets of Assets for Top-Down Tilesets usually used for RPG Maker. ...And now I'm hopelessly addicted. I hadn't thought to use pre-made materials for my Map Building but the moment I saw them I knew what I had to do. I ended up finding and supporting a few other Artists that had premades as well as finding a few free sets that were made available. Just searching and finding stuff that works well together. I also got excited because it's a tile style that I can mimick fairly well if I need more variety or different objects that haven't been made. >w< Not the Best Makeup or Layout because I have no idea how to build a map BUT It'll work for D&D and I am just ///aaaahhh/// It's just got me on a roll that keeps building inertia. I feel clearer headed than I have in a while. Still feel like I'm losing my mind because I keep forgetting things or getting distracted but it's been a long time since I've really been inspired by anything that wasn't negative emotion. I looking forewards to continuing the game I've been in while providing my Current DM with an Outlet that he can have some fun in as well and see just where these players will take me. Maybe they'll take one of the pathes I'll present or maybe they'll kick and scream all the way in the opposite direction. So I admit, writing for the Campaign and Building the Maps has really kept be distracted from everything else since I got back home. Of course then I was talking to one of my upcoming players when I was on Twitch about the stuff and I sorta got inspired by how the Chaos I was making were moving... So I just sorta dragged one of my older Comms onto the Map Page just to test it. Oh god it just seemed to work uwu;; So I spent the rest of my Stream, after finishing up my List, making Generic NPCs. Basic Townfolk that you'd expect to see hanging around.
I had others I could have make on stream as well because basic enemy types but I ended up getting too sore in the back to continue sitting where I was and had to end it. But Now I'm even more excited. I had been debating on whether or not I should Draw my own NPCs for the game or just Drag & Drop roll20 assets but creating little pixel people to go with the pixel map just feels like a good route to go. Plus I can make like customs for special NPCs an hnngh excited. They're super easy to edit concidering I can just make a base for the species and then swap colours/change up the hair but so many plannzzz
Nunka's AvatarNunka

A fly Problem

So really funny thing about the last few days. It's not really been that eventful *except* for a problem I was having. I'm pretty sure an Animal of some sort died in my walls. Probably a mouse since I have an issue with them trying to move in everyonce in a while due to upkeep problems the previous owner of the house had and them just following old scent trails. Now I know it definitely had to be an animal because despite the Toddler, my house is routeinly cleaned so even if my background ends up looking trashed, it's because she can put it back that way in less than 2 hours if I'm not being proactive about following her... My legs aren't exactly the greatest at letting me run around constantly so... This happens often much to my dismay. I mostly keep it clean though due to a slight OCD issue that turns into Severe Anxiety when things get messy. At the very least the only thing that gets thrown around is paper and toys. A few days ago... Fly swarm emerged. Green metallic looking flies, another reason why I think it was an animal. These types of flies lay their eggs in carrion: dead animals. So I wake up to this abomination swarm in my dining area and I'm just mortified. I've never really liked flies and I especailly hate flies in swarm. I was in the middle of streaming when they decided to attack my Mic because it sits next to my Lighting Lamp. Cue me going into a swatting rampage while muted but still on camera for 20-30 minutes in the middle of a 14 and a half hour stream. I thought after I'd reduced their numbers it'd be safer but oh boy... I was wrong... When I woke up the next morning, another swarm had emerged, even bigger than the swarm before it. I was in the middle of a discord group call when they angered me enough to go off with a fly swatter again. Each rapid successful hit took care of a minimum of 2-4 flies. I only managed to take care of half of them by the end of the day... My partner was supposed to come home with fly strips but unfortauntely his work let out late and with the Covid-19 issues, the Walmart closed early. So I was left today to fend off another swarm. But I remembered this video I watched about a Hornet nest removal where the guy just used a vaccum and held it in the area to suck up all the hornets. So I got out the vaccum... Flies are not very smart. They will fly away if you startle them but they come right back. You do not have to chase a fly, it will come back. I just... Took the hose from my dyson, and held it against the window, then slowly moved it around hearing clack after clack of flies zipping down the vaccum's tube. Needless to say, after letting them settle down, and sucking up the Window Wall, I have solved my problem.

I have also drawn a new D&D Character named Pen

They are a Mushroom Person Homebrew species. I wasn't quite sure how they were supposed to look like other than no hair, big mushroom and small humanoid so I did my best to interpret. Their outfit is also made of Mushroom.

I've also been making a *lot* of NPCs for my D&D Stuff.

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Zombee That is all.

Pages: 123··· 1617181920212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page