PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 1234567··· 212223

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So it turns out I actually like seeing other people draw my characters. >_>' So I'm hosting an Art Contest. Boxes are the main prizes but I hope once I can start finding summons that the prizes will be upgraded as I go on. On the opposite side of things, my Family is full of Morons so I'm now avoiding them like someone would avoid the plague. They can all go screw themselves. Short things short, family had a squabble after I called them needing a ride and now people are in Jail, there's a restraining order in place and my sister is now in foster care. That does not make me happy, at all. It also ruined many future plans so again, they can go away. So anyways, I was sick with some sort of stomach bug about a week ago, that lasted 5 days and now for the past 5-6ish days I've been sore from various health problems, strain, and stress. That's okay because I'm still getting things done. For example: I'm still working on those spriting contracts and I'm about 30% done with the Ponymon one. I have 7 more of the Sylesti Sprites although the list seems to have accumulated 2 more via edit... Going to have to ask the commissioner if she wants those two done as well or if I am to ignore them. Considering the situation, probably, but it's better to check and be safe than sorry.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So as people have seen with the Site, Q is having several Halloween based contests. Excitedly, despite the messed up hand I'm going to try for the spriting contest. I'm not all to worried about the spriting aspect about it though. I did ask and Elta said that Animations were okay as long as they weren't in Flash. Tis alright with me~ I use Gimp's frame Animator to make .gifs. I only needed to ask because I had an Idea for a moving scene with walking sprites, I just needed to know if I could do it or not. I'm hoping to do it in this style of spriting But due to the .gif it may limit the colours a little so I might have to trick it just a bit. XD It's kinda big because I drew it on paper but obviously I need to go through a few pencil test animations before I start actually putting it into work. The first is a Walk Cycle test The finished product is going to be a lot smaller though. Same thing but with Four legs instead of just two. I need to tweak where each leg goes down a bit. This is looking about as awkward as when I first making kitty walkers. I can see where I'm going wrong though so that's not going to be too hard. The front is just 2-ish frames behind the first in the terms of when they're supposed to move where. I'm probably going to use this post in my journal to organize my thoughts and keep all of the stage tests in one place. Pikachu Pencil test Moar Progression
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So~ I Finished what I was working on in the post above. It did turn out, from posts made while I was making it, that it wouldn't Qualify for the spriting contest. No biggy, I quickly came up for an Idea for that to replace this one. I ended up submitting this one to the drawing contest even though it wasn't really a "drawing" drawing. Animation is always a pain in the butt. :( It took multiple days on some parts but in reality I think it was worth the effort. When I first read the contest I had the idea pop into my head, which pokemon were walking, what costumes they were wearing. Roury the eevee was supposed to originally be wearing a Mummy costume or something but I decided that I didn't want two Undead costumes in the same picture so I made her a witch instead. Starting out I went from right to left in the working process. I did Braixen first. I started with making the walking cycle in Pencil of just the legs. After the legs looked fine I added onto the pencil version with the upper body and head, no arms, no tail. The pencil version is only 4 frames but I realized I was missing a frame in which the leg is supposed to come forward so when I pixeled her I had to quickly figure out how the missing 5th frame would look. The other half of the frames for the walk cycle is just the legs switched from front to back and either raised or lowers appropriately to simulate switching back and forth. This was done for pretty much everyone because I'm lazy. /willbeshotlater This all pretty much took a day. I added in the arms and tail appropriately after I had her basic form pixeled. The arm swung back and worth without the bag and the tail bounces slightly with her step.
I did a mock pen leg simulation in Gimp by combining Braixen's walking cycle twice. This didn't look very good but it still gave me an Idea of when the legs should move to look right. The mock has them moving wrongly so in the pixeled version it's been fixed. However this first mock of Roury's legs discouraged me so I moved onto Pikachu. His frame cycle is 4 instead of 5. Considering he would have to move a little faster to keep up, this makes sense enough for me. However this meant it would take 40 frames for the cycles to sync up. 8 and 10 don't match up until 40. Again, like Braixen, legs first then body. The ears, tail, and legs were added after. This whole Process was worked out over the day.
Late at night on the second day is when Roury's walking cycle was started the second time and fixed. The front legs were remolded completely while the back only received minor changes. Again, the body was done first, ears and chest fluff was added after. This wasn't finished though until the afternoon of the 3rd day.
That night was spent syncing all three into the same picture, frame by frame, until all of them had gone through their cycles and ended on the same frame, waiting to go out of sync again as soon as they took off. Pikachu was a pain because I'd accidentally saved his .xcf file as the closed version around him so I couldn't just drop him in, I had to make sure he was positioned right so he didn’t bounce up and down all over the place. The other two were fine and were actually originally synced up first so that getting Pikachu into the other frames would be easier. The fourth day dealt with the sidewalk with animation and shadows. That noon and almost night was spent shading Braixen. I start on Roury(Eevee) next but put her down later for bedtime after finishing the 6th frame. I ended up staying up until about 6am into the 5th day though because while I had initially gone to bed at midnight, insomnia had gotten the best of me and at 3am someone decided to turn and keep the light on so I went back to working on the sidewalk. I finished Roury before going back to bed. The noon was spent on Roury and Braixen's costumes and bag. It would have been Pikachu next but his costume was on the hole body so I didn't want to shade the pikachu and THEN shade the costume so I did the shading with the costume on later that night. I finished Pikachu in the morning of the 6th day, added the preshaded costumes to the other two, made Pikachu's bag and that was pretty much that.
The end of the 5th day is when I realized after rereading through the thread that my entry wouldn't really count because it didn't fit the further qualifications that Elta had stated via answering questions so I kinda sighed because I was already so far through and I kinda wanted to finish but I wanted to enter the spriting contest, not the drawing one. So I used the day to work on this.
and the original Scratch -> Both mine.
I know that Zombification isn't exactly the most original Idea but it was at least something and I was honestly too tired to think of anything original idea worthy. With this whole project I've not exactly gotten the sleep I'm needing but it doesn't matter either way because it's just one of those months where Insomnia isn't exactly the nicest to me so I'm taking advantage of it. Anyways since I finished it before the afternoon was over I started on the moving background portion of the project. Street finished, back sidewalk and grass. This looked like a nice ref for the houses., so did This. So I went to work. The sidewalk was 20 frames to synce so I figured the background could take all 40 to slide one house into the spot that the other was in. Then I kinda realized they looked bland just all looking the same... One window on with lighting on the grass... nothing else. So I went back through, made two trees made a pumpkin, stealing the colours I already had from Pikachu's pumpkin to avoid adding more colours to a already colour saturated piece(Gif ruins colours if you have too many) and then set them out. x.x Unfortunately this meant I had to double up the amount of frames to 80 so that it could go through both house variation types without looking weird. And since the pumpkins and trees were added after the background had been finalized it also meant I had to do a lot of debugging after I'd put them in... because they kept randomly appearing through Braixen's face. I posted it the night of the 7th day(Kept editing in the newer fixed version) but I didn't finish spot checking/fixing until the morning of the 8th when I kinda gave up. The final Result?:
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Removed

Pages: 1234567··· 212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page