PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 212223

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Timing literally couldn't have gotten any better. I think. Well I mean I don't need to call into work. My last day of work was spent catching whiffs of the smells at work and feeling like I was going to puke. This has literally erupted in the full return of my sense of smell all at once. Most smells make me feel like vomiting although it's very likely that I won't. My ability to do so is far and few inbetween even when I do have the flu. My energy is currently sapped. I wanted to clean up the kitchen yesterday but as soon as I got down there it was like "Nope" Someone made a Pan from a Sand Mold on facebook(Sand as the Mold, Aluminum as the metal poured into it) and then cooked an Egg in it and I was like "Damn I haven't had eggs in a while but the ducks are laying, maybe I shou- Nope.. nope.. no eggs". I am disappointed in my change of taste. Lemon meringue pie has been rejected. Blueberries, both preserves and fresh, taste like gross. This is disappointing because Lemon anything tends to be my favorite and I just got a new jar of Blueberry preserves that I really liked on PBJ sandwiches. e-e I can't seem to stomach bread either... This also explains why my cheetos suddenly started tasting Rancid last week even though Gabe said they were fine. Watermelon is my new best friend. It seems to help. I was craving it(and plums), so I bought one. ...And now I eat a slice if the Nausea gets really bad because it appears to help. Once I stop feeling like ew I'm going to attempt to clean this bedroom. There are clothes where they don't belong, Pop Bottles and Dishes on Gabe's side of the bed and it looks downright depressing. ...Or at least try to before I get too sleepy to hold myself up again.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So I'm sitting here litterally scraping Urine Gel off the Floor, Table, and I'm disgusted. For those who don't know, When Urine dries and is peed on over and over let to dry and pee and dry and pee, it creates a Gel. My sister left her cat here after she got kicked out and I'm about ready to Evict it back to the Shelter. She left BOTH her cats. The male, Miles, already lives outside because he doesn't understand the concept of litterbox nor does he understand how to eat or drink in a fashion that doesn't force him to projectile vomit everywhere. He's happier outside and honestly I think his habits make him abetter Barn cat than a House one. Miles is fine to stay because he really is a good natured cat, he's just not suited for the indoors. He mostly sticks around the garage or back porch depending on Rain or Sunshine or food, which is kept by the door out to the Garage. The female on the otherhand, Luna, lives inside because if I were to throw her outside with Miles, she's likely run away. She's not as dumb as he is and hates the outside. Now up until my mother left and took her cats with her, the cat wasn't an issue too much. She was pooping on the dining table (Which I took care of >>;) but our litterboxes are cleaned twice daily although I'm not supposed to be touching them right now. However, over the past month she's gotten extremely aggressive. She's been attacking the other cats(I have two) and the older of the two, Roury(14), doesn't back off when she's attacked so she does defend herself instead of running away like Momo does(2). So now Luna has been latching her jaw around Roury's throat whenever she's in a bad mood which is 80% of the time and I keep having to pull Luna off Roury. On top of that, I've been doing a mass cleaning of the house. Now I don't really have a sense of smell... or I used to. So now I've gotten to Luna's area and it turns out, she's been Urinating on EVERYTHING. Anything left in the Dining Room, table, chairs, toolbox, next to the potato bin, a random jumpsuit we moved in there last week while cleaning the Laundry room. Everything has been peed on en Mass. Which DOESNT make sense because the Laundry Room is right next to the Dining Room and that's where we keep the litterboxes. The litterboxes are kept clean as I can because I can't stand it when the cats don't use them like they should but Luna's gone too far in "Marking" Territory. All of the cats are fixed so they shouldn't be doing that to begin with. The thing is though, we cleaned off the table last week after finding the same thing and I came back and it was just as gross. So I'm giving my sister a Notice of what her cat has been doing. The cat is to be out by September. If she argues or tries to make excuses for the cat despite the cat having no reason for any of this behaviour, it's going directly into the Dog crate and is being stored out in the Garage with her own box and food. She can get visits from Miles but I'm getting really tired of her attitude. I'm not going to be bringing home a Baby in Nov-Dec when I have a Cat who's peeing on everything, attacking and attempting to kill the other cats, and attacking my feet/legs when I'm cleaning the living room. I'm not going to risk making a baby sick or getting attacked by a filthy cat just because my sister can't take it to her apartment. She made the decision against my will to bring a new cat home, she can take care of it or I'm getting rid of it. I know I need to work on some stuff but if I can't get rid of this smell then I can't focus enough to do anything but keep the laptop nearby and type whenever I remember the next sentence.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Gah so I finally did my public announcement over facebook a few days ago. Emotionally, I'm Literally brain dead. xD I'm Due Dec 27th. The picture was taken at 12 weeks on the 14th. So I'm technically 13 weeks now. Going to need to clear my head before I can start on literally anything or focus anywhere. Head's all bopping around and my body is still physically exhausted. Slowly getting my energy back though.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Sometimes, stuff if scary, especially when Medical.

Warning for Some Sensitive Stuff

Having a Chronic Disease or knowing someone with a Chronic Disease can be scary. There is a lot of stuff your doctor doesn’t always tell you about it because you don’t know to ask and there’s a lot of stuff the patients won’t tell their friends and family because they’re afraid of worrying them. But sometimes things just come out without meaning to because they just happen. I know I personally have a tendency to make fun of it because it can cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen but I have Multiple Sclerosis or MS for short. My grandmother had it, my father had it and I ended up being Diagnosed shortly after I turned 20 although I showed early signs through most of my teenage years. In my case, my nerves like to shut off at random times although the intervals for me are typically consistent. Stress can cause it to happen more often but isn’t necessary for a flare up. For me, Flareups happen in one of two ways: 1. A nerve in my body can shut off. 2. A nerve in my brain can shut off. When a nerve in my body shuts off two things can happen due to how muscles work. A muscle will continue doing whatever its last signal was for at least a couple minutes if that last signal was “contract”. When you’re balancing something or even holding something, those muscles contract and relax constantly to maintain the appropriate pressure. Your muscles will also be forced to stop contracting if they reach a certain point which is why normally you’re only limited to how much you can pick up because otherwise it’s self damaging. A muscle stuck on “contract” when the nerve loses signal will tear itself and cause massive bruising. It’ll stop after a few minutes if the flareup continues on for much longer but it still hurts even after it goes limp. A muscle stuck on “Relax” will cause the limb to go limp and depending on the limb the person can really hurt themselves. It’s really common for either “Relax” or “Contract” to cause a person with MS to lose control of their legs and thus their balance, ending up on the ground and unable to stand up until it’s over. I joke about the stuff this causes such as my fingers relaxing while the rest of my arm contracts forcing me to either drop or throw things while the arm goes into an awkward position or even knocks shit I’m wearing off my head but it’s not really that fun. I joke about how I have Right Sided MS because I don’t have to worry about my heart shutting off(it’s on the left), but the reality is, if I was unfortunate enough to be left sided, that tiny chance is always there and thus the tiny chance of it not restarting would be even scarier than what my current reality is. Enough signal lost or enough damage done to the nerve in the process can cause it to shut off permanently with no chance to receive signal again even with electrical stim. With the right balance of Potassium I can prevent these kind of flareups to keep them to an extreme rare pop-up. Which is good because I’m pregnant and too much contraction in the abdomen could end up leading to a miscarriage or internal bleeding and hemorrhaging. But I can’t do that with ones that happen in the brain as they have nothing to do with my muscles’ personal nerves. When a Flareup happens in the brain, it depends on the location it happened in. For me, these can’t be prevented by potassium and stress levels don’t control how often they happen. More often than not the less stressful of the two is just hiccups. Basically my brain farts so hard that it craps itself. I will completely lose track of what I was just talking about, doing, or even my current location in some cases even if I was just talking about or doing the same thing for the past 30 minutes. I will literally draw a blank until someone can describe what I was attempting otherwise I move onto a completely different thing until I can remember myself again, usually weeks later. These “Brain Farts” can also bridge time so effortlessly that sometimes I’ll bring up a conversation I had with someone several months ago as if they made their last answer two minutes ago. I’ll still remember what I was doing and where I am but I might forget who that conversation was with and even though I know what time it’s been It might take a few seconds to remember. It’s probably why I suffer from memory loss and bad short term until I remember a weird moment years later(I seriously can’t remember what I did or ate the day before if I don’t have some sort of reminder like a receipt or item on hand) On the otherhand, the second kind of nerve disconnection is much more scary and often takes people by surprise when it happens. I can usually play it off like it didn’t happen because people don’t notice but when it happens when I’m doing something important, it can really scare the jitters out of people like my Life Partner. Basically what happens when I have this type of Flareup is I get a warning of about 2 seconds of Dizziness followed by an immediate blackout of my vision. I can’t tell what I’m doing at this time nor can I really feel anything with my hands either. The best solution is to just sit down if I’m not already. It almost always involves a blanked out brain fart so afterwards I usually have no idea what the fuck I was doing other than vaguely knowing what just happened. Stronger variations also lead to a complete numb out of my entire body where everything everywhere gets sent the signal to “relax” literally leaving me like a ragdoll. Witnesses of this happening to me have reported that during this blackout my eyes will be open but I won’t be responsive period. Often my hands will be making grabbing motions but I am unaware of doing this either. If I blink, it usually means it’s over and I’ll start sluggishly responding again until I can get back up to speed. It odd when I explain this to people close to me because they think they can handle it when it happens but it’s absolutely terrifying when it does and some have even considered calling 911 before I became responsive again before they could grab their phones. My whole brain essentially goes through an entire reboot. Most will see the Body based signal loss and they think that’s it. The body based ones are worry-some but I’m at least mentally capable of taking care of myself when it happens or am able to explain how to help. This morning won’t be the last time and it was certainly wasn’t the first where I’ve had to explain that I don’t need emergency medical services unless my heart stops, I stop breathing, or I go unresponsive for longer than 3-4 minutes. Just keep me from hitting my head on stuff if you were hugging me instead of letting me sit and lay back when it happens and keep talking to me till I talk back. I’m sorry I scared you but lets not pay 2 grand for an Ambulance when they can’t do anything about neurological disorders. I’d be awake and back to normal way before they got here.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Much frustration. I fell asleep with a glass of water in hand by accident and ended up watering my laptop. So now the keyboard goes haywire if I touch it and the mouse doesn't work. The temp fix is to plug in an external keyboard and an external mouse but the keyboard I'm using is supposed to be hooked into the one out in the living room for the TV. I can sorta use the onscreen keyboard but it likes to be fritzy when the internals on the computer are screwing up.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Welp, got the new laptop but back to work. Work is tiring and I am mentally dead. Need to work at 4pm today again. On the otherhand, we had an OB Appointment Yesterday. Got to look at parts. I was hoping for a Weiner but looks like Baby has a Vagina instead. XD Well a deal is a deal. Gabe names a Girl, I name a boy. Gabe is thinking either Sibella or Iris. I told him he didn't need to choose exactly if he couldn't decide between the two because the kid's guna need a middle name anyways. Use one as the main and the other as the middle. However, that just means I get to choose the name for the next one no matter what. >:3 Because we're also doing Him with Second boy and me with Second Girl. So either way, it's my choice next. lmao It was so weird though. I went back to work on thursday and litterally every day except for the very last of the week(Monday) ended up being complete Craptown. Like, everyday, legit people walking off their shifts, quitting, calling in to quit, screwing everyone else over. Thankfully on Monday the owners fixed everything so it should never be like that again. It was like litterally what the hell? I was so stressed out that when she wasn't moving yesterday morning I thought I maybe killed her and was tweaking out until we got to the scheduled appointment. It was our Parts Ultrasound Appointment too. However my guess is it was that she was probably moving around all night, which is something she normally does in the morning, but I didn't notice because asleep and was sleeping herself when I woke up. Because she started flipping around again after the ULtrasound lady was poking around with the Gel Wand. The whole procedure lasted 20 minutes though so after getting the hiccups for the last 4 she flipped over one more time and was still enough to actually look at things which is how we confirmed lady parts. It was so funny though because that's exactly how I feel about hiccups. "God it's over, now leave me alone". I get them too often, she might too. However I'm also looking at the spinal results and they look goood as well. My spine mutated causing my T5s to not develop processes leaving them to end up missing. I don't even have that outwards bump which is the main process which is why my nerves are exposed and why when feeling my back it seems like I'm missing a vertabrae. But hers have all the proper bumps which means she didn't inherit the painful mutation. So it's very well possible it was a Chemical mutation from my mother being an idiot and possibly not a Permanent Genetic Altercation. Despite the Stress of the last week, her development is normal, vitals are normal and she's actually half an ounce heavier than a normal baby at 20 weeks. Means that despite the fact I was loosing weight at first because apparently both of our metabolisms are stupidly high despite the digestive system slowing down, that bump I made in calories was right around the correct amount. I was doing 500 extra when it was supposed to be 300 but lost a pound and a half in under 4 weeks so I bumped to 700 extra. Seems to work. They of course are still asking if I'm eating enough and I'm just like "Geez I know I'm skinny but blame the genetics." Either way, Gabe is super excited and I'm still laughing at him. She's got these longass legs and he's kinda short at 5'5" "I told you she's going to end up tall like me."
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Ugh if I can stop being braindead. We've decided to name her Iris. Iris Sibella Murray in full. We had another ultrasound yesterday to look at the Umbilical Cord and Placenta. She doesn't fit all the pictures anymore. Luckily everything seems normal although they're switching me to coming in every two weeks instead of monthly. One thing I'm getting annoyed about is that the doctors don't seem to be listening. They keep pushing words of Epidural or C-Section when I've already explained that I would prefer not to be Medicated and would prefer to avoid getting major invasion surgery. To start: Epidural I'm Needle Phobic, just the thought of getting my blood drawn makes me go shaky so I really don't need a needle stuck into my spine or arm for hours on end just for the sake of an Epidural or Morphine. You also can't move around when hooked up to a machine that regulates dosage rates like that. I may be somewhat disabled but I can't just stop moving and sit around for hours on end. If I'm not allowed to move around we're going to have issues that will likely include Panicking. That's why I'm trying not to end up on bedrest because if I end up being confined to a bed when I need to feel my legs moving, it's going to cause problems with my mental health. Not to mention, the needle itself is going to cause panicking to begin with. The panic begins the moment it's stated they're bringing one out. My Pain Tolerance is extremely high, it has to or I'd end up stuck at home all the time, laying in bed with a bottle of Opiates. I'd rather be out and about, stretching my legs and giving the middle finger to the world. If anything, my pain tolerance put me in danger and often ends up with me pushing my body to its limits without realizing what I'm doing. I ended up with an Infected Ulcer of which I ignored until it had eaten through so much of my stomach lining that the pain was causing me to double over and cry after about a week of exponential growth. Had I decided to "Suck it up" instead of ignoring the people telling me to go to the hospital, it would have eaten completely through(Estimated 36-48 hours) and would have spilled into my abdomen. Ended up on medications to severely reduce the Acid Contents of my Stomach while it works on repairing itself the rest of the way and of course Anti-biotics to prevent the Infection from spreading. Secondly Cesarean: I've never even had stitches let alone major surgery. I really don't feel like being cut open if it's not necessary. Obviously if it comes down to it that it's absolutely necessary then I'll have to oblige. Problem is, everytime I try to explain //WHY// I want to avoid the things they keep trying to push they just interrupt me saying how their previous patients didn't have any problems with their labors because of blah blah blah. It's getting really freaking annoying and I sort of just want to punch the next one that interupts me, however I don't want to be out of an OB Staff either.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
So... Dead... Tired. So basically my sleep schedule got flipped upsidedown and we're not entirely sure why. Yeah I mean.. I've been waking up at 7am and going to bed around 10-11pm... BUt only if I were in Canberra Austrailia. :I (For the Record, I'm in Michigan USA) 15 days to my due date, keep losing track of time. Tired all the time, can't focus for squat, sore all the time because Iris keeps beating me up. To top it off, she made my liver malfunction, so I'm litterally severely itchy all the freaking time and it's annoying af. I have to try not to scratch because that just makes it worse but it makes getting to sleep a bit hard. Also still not used to having to stab myself because the doctors are pretending I'm diabetic. Basicallly my body adapated to hold onto sugars as long as it could due to a thing a few years back and it still does it. However my metabolism still kicks in and I end up producing about 3 times more insulin than normal. So the doctor doesn't want my sugar's remaining too high during this delay period of release but they cant' force insulin on me or they'd litterally kill me from low blood sugars. So their solution is to basiclaly go from praising my diet... To banning 95% of it. No Breads, No pasta, no pastries, no fruit, 1 dairy product allowed a day, 1 startch allowed per day, basically almost everything else is banned. I have to use Meats and Veggies in order to get my daily calories which is... well.. really annoying. Eh.. SHould be worth it.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
It was worth it. lol
Iris was born on the 29th of Dec. It just happens to be that I've been so busy since that I don't really have time for online. I know it'll settle eventually, I actually have had a little more time recently as she settled into a pattern, but atm I get distracted by her so often that trying to get most stuff done online is practically impossible. She's quite the handful. It can be a little unerving concidering she will scream at me if I set her down after I've gotten her to sleep. She doesn't like being put down. I guess part of what's unerving is that I know I wasn't the same way but at the same time her not being that way is a really good sign, at least for me anyways. I'm also breastfeeding but she'll pull off and then scream then too because she didn't like that she pulled off and I must have taken it away (When in fact I'm still trying to shove it back in her face). I don't like being yelled at for something I didn't do but can't really help that at this point. She hasn't quite figured out that she can't eat if she doesn't stay on. <<; But still worth it. Just stupidly tired atm. I had a bunch of other stuff I wanted to say but I ended up yawning and blanking out on what I was supposed to be typing.
Nunka's AvatarNunka
Whoo different IP, stuck at the In-laws with crappy mountain net. Going back home Thursday. Haven't really been doing much beyond sleeping. I did do an Art Stream on Twitch@ https://www.twitch.tv/animelakunti before we made the trip though. Been practicing with Digital while picking up Commissions via Paypal. Useful concidering that beforehand I wasn't really able to get my bills paid. << Some practice pieces. Just a Tysiga WIP(I didn't get the finish the background or add in the lighting effects) and Ani without her Morphing stone(I actually wanted to do this piece back during my "break" last year but never got the chance) I'm using this Program called Design doll where I can move the models around to test out different poses and stuff. Makes for better reference than searching and searching and never finding a reference for the pose I was thinking of in the angle I can never get. I don't have a little wooden doll so this works just fine for what I needed it for. I've actually already picked out three poses for Personal Works for when I get back. Meanwhile Iris really likes to Cuddle so I just hold her in my lap while I"m streaming. Speaking of, Patti had us go out and put her in a photoshoot. She did really well and it's funny because the Photographer really liked her. Iris is really laid back personality wise so we didn't really run into any issues putting her in the poses and outifts that were wanted to be tested until near the last outfit when she got tired of being handled. Rebecca kept making comments about how she wish we lived closer so she could use for her practice. xD [Source] My gods I love that bonnet. ;A; Gabe also took this one while we were there. There is an actual one but the lady didn't quite get it in an angle I liked. We've got a bunch picked out to use for prints and stuff. >w< She looks adorbs tho

Pages: 123··· 1213141516··· 212223

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page