PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Disable Right-click Context Menu for Field Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
By 'context menu', I am referring to the list of options that appears when right-clicking an image. I have recently discovered that when you have a berry selected, you can right click to feed a Pokemon as well as left click. The issue is that this brings up the context menu, which I can't remove with custom CSS as it's a JS thing (or at least that's what Google seemed to confirm). By removing the context menu in fields, you would be able to click 50% faster than using the left-click and a number. That's good. However, you wouldn't be able to grab sprites as easily directly from your fields; it would just take 'Inspect Element' instead. But anyways, I think this would be very useful, and of course follows click rules where 1 click = 1 interaction.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Very much support. Not only would this be useful for interactions, as someone whose mouse is on death's door, I've been using the right click more often to organize my fields. It's a pain in the butt with the context menu popping up every single time. (The middle mouse button also works as an additional click, but on my mouse particularly it's very hard to press, and I know a lot of mice don't have middle mouse buttons.)
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
You actually aren't supposed to be able to do that, but it works because the "mousedown" code doesn't check which button triggered it. This is more of a "not a bug, it's a feature" situation, and it makes sense for the menu to not appear when a Berry is selected.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Staravia's AvatarStaravia
i could suggest clicking the respective number of a berry while hovering on a poke and clicking at the same time... that seems to be a lot easier than rightclicking
  • Tab 1
  • Collecting
  • misc
Staravia Label your trades when trading with me please Relentlessly collecting Flying gems Blood for the blood god
Hoarding
69/???
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 69 — Locked
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
NormalFlying
Happiness 27%
Jolly nature
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug

QUOTE originally posted by Elecrøwiz

i could suggest clicking the respective number of a berry while hovering on a poke and clicking at the same time... that seems to be a lot easier than rightclicking
Dude... or all three? Basic logic and reasoning. It's not hard. Why wouldn't you wanna blast through a field in like three seconds?

Journal

18+

Trade Shop

new Clan()

Raca (PFQ Wiki)

Sei
Staravia's AvatarStaravia
that doesnt sound like three seconds but like 15 seconds the right click might also bug you
Duckbug's AvatarDuckbug
Left click, right click, and the number all at the same time. I can go through a full field in about three seconds. Also, I'm not sure what you mean about right clicking bugging me... Regardless, with a script extension such as Tampermonkey, this:
$('#field_field').on('contextmenu', function(){ return false; });
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Aight, those are some pretty funny arguments, but okay. If it only takes me 1-2 seconds to clear a field, it's a bit ridiculous to imply that adding another method of input would decrease productivity. Also, you realize that when the context menu functionality is removed, a right click is exactly the same as a left click? There's no distinction. The JS on that page doesn't even listen to whether it's a left click or right click, only for buttondown.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page