PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New Years Announcement

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678

Happy New Year!

(and we hope you had a great Christmas, too <3)
So... I've a lot to tell you. But first Let's get (christmas) crack(ers)in'! (Ps. I'm still not sorry about the bad puns.)

Words from Staff

Several of our Staff Members have things to say to you. Listen up!

From Eltafez:

Last year has been a life-changing experience for me. Not only did I get to meet awesome people, I got to work beside them, as well. I've learned so much through college, staff and new friends that I've evolved. I'm no longer the timid young woman that I used to be, but a woman who can think for herself. The next step is to be more independent, but that remains to be seen. What I am now, though, is mostly due to my work in staff. Both the upsides and the downsides have taught me a lot, and the majority of the userbase consists of awesome people. And for that, you all have my thumbs up. And my cookies. Happy New Year, everyone!

From SciZoroark:

'Eyyyy guys, Sci here.~ I'm a bit new on the block staff-wise, but my month of being on-staff has been one of the best in my life. Even with my stressful days in college throughout this year, I finally found happiness doing my favorite hobby for a site I've wanted to help with since I started on PF1. Even though there's a lot of work to be done, even though there's still the obvious bit of stress to get a lot of work done, it's work I love and have so much fun doing. Being on staff here has given me the opportunity to see what I could be doing with my life and it makes me motivated to continue my dream of becoming a videogame artist, something that, for the past couple months, I've been really doubting myself on. Going into the new year, I can't believe how past 2014 went. It seemed like only a few days ago that one of my favorite Youtubers moved to California, or that I went to see Godzilla and The LEGO Movie and How To Train Your Dragon 2 in theatres when they first came out, or that TwitchPlaysPokémon started, or that Five Nights At Freddy's became the next Slenderman series. This year has breezed by. Whether that's a good thing or not, I don't know. While it's just another year in my life, it also brings the sobering thought of how I'm one year older, one year that I survived and can live on, but one year closer to an inevitable end. Going forward, I hope I can keep surviving and living on, fulfilling my dreams and changing at least a small part of the world for what I hope is the better. This site might only have a small audience at the moment, but it's still something I can contribute to. It still reaches as far as it can to all of the corners of the world it can reach, unifying all peoples. I think that's why I love Pokémon, and by that extension Pokéfarm, so much; not just for the gameplay or the pretty creatures or the story or the creativity, but how it can bring people together. In the next year, I hope everyone has a happy life and spends as much of their time with family, friends, and even Pokémon for as much as they can. I hope everyone tries their best to change their world, even if it's a small one, for the better! Happy New Year, everybody. c:

From Niet:

Ah, where to start? 2014 has been such an incredible year! I got a job, established myself as incredibly useful, then dropped to part-time just so I could hang out with you guys more =3 For those who aren't aware, I work for Paragon Internet Group, the same company that hosts the servers that PokéFarm runs on. This means I can literally walk downstairs from my office and look at the computer that Sally is running on. And that is awesome. There have been a lot of bumps in the road, but they're so easy to fix. One time, I woke up to a dozen text messages from Sei telling me the site was broken. It was 4AM, I put on my coat and walked to the office, and boshed the head of the SysOps guy who was working there and hadn't been able to fix it himself :p PFQ has moved from a tiny little Virtual Private Server test box all the way up to a super-powerful Dedicated Server. Sally's had plenty of room to stretch her wings and fly. There were some invisible mountains hidden in the clouds at first, causing her to crash, but we bulldozed them down in the end! She's very happy on her new system and zooming around at top speed. That said, I've noticed some recent lag spikes that I will be investigating as soon as I'm home from my parents' house. Your patience is much appreciated, as always! So many updates have been made to the site. Sometimes I look back at the original PokéFarm and think "what in the world was I thinking when I did this?" The site is just so much better, and I'm very happy with the progress that has been made... but I'm also disappointed. I let myself slip, and a lot of things didn't get programmed for a long time. Some things still aren't - have you been to the Merchant recently??? But hopefully these updates will make a lot of you happy, and give you all plenty to be doing for a long time while I work on more stuff! I've recently re-acquainted myself with Game Maker Studio, which will allow me to make those Minigames I've been promising for the longest time. That Berry Blender might finally get done. You will be able to make PokéBlocks. I want to get Contests out there some time. Meanwhile, cheat code happynewyear will give you a Milotic, which you haven't been able to get yet. Similarly, I want to get Fishing and the Underground done as soon as possible. Secret Bases should be making a comeback at some point too... The point is, there's just so much still to do! A big thank-you to everyone who buys stuff - without you, the site would have crashed a long, long time ago. You guys allow me to only work part-time, which gives me the time I need to get things done without being completely burned out! Please continue buying stuff :p In fact, if there's anything you want to suggest being able to buy? Let me know! Suggestions are more than welcome. Anyway, I think that's enough rambling from me. TL:DR, 2014 was awesome, hopefully 2015 will be too!

From Constantine:

Well, it’s me and I have something really cheesy to say to you all. It’s been one hell of a year, there’s been ups and downs but in the end I’ve come to see how awesome this community is. You guys make this job all the better, I’ve met new friends, seen the goodness in people… I’ve learned so much! And it’s because of you guys! All of you deserve the best, all of you deserve an amazing new year! Aim high guys! Aim high.

From Sei:

Hey woah. So it's been a pretty fun year, right? I'mma just be my poochy self and ramble on about things that may or may not have anythin' to do with PFQ cuz I am Sei and what I sei goez. See what I did there? I made a pun with my name. But that's okay, cause I am SEI! This year has kin'a been pretty awesome. There's been a lot of laughs, and a lot of happy memories. Friends have come and gone, and staff as a general changed. I've been a super mod for quite some time, but now I have my own little army of gremlins spriters to rule over direct and they're been absolutely wonderful. I'm extremely grateful to them, they've just been an absolute pleasure and the work they do is outstanding.I appreciate them and all they've done so far -- there's absolutely no way I could have gotten anything done without 'em. As a team, we're going to continuously pump out great content for you guys, because you all deserve it. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity I've been given to help all you out, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Your continuous support of us has a lot of impact on what we do -- we want this to be a fab site for everyone to enjoy and we're well on our way to realize that goal. On top of all this, I don't think I tell my friends how much they mean to me. I don't think I stop enough to tell 'em how much I appreciate them, or how much they've changed my life for the better. The people I'm talking about are my fellow staff members; Garth, Bacent, Rob, Ledah, Ravyne, Niet... all of 'em Each and every one of 'em have impacted me in such a positive way,and I'm so much better for it. Garthic in particular (my idiot of a boyfriend) changed my life for the better. I was in a pretty bad place before this dork literally like., grabs my hand and pulls me out from a pretty bad time in my life. Before him, I was nothing like I am now. I was in a really dark place and we helped each other become stronger and better and amazing and -- you get the point. I'll never quite be able to express how much he means to me, and how thankful I am to him for showing me a better path. 2014 strengthened who I was as a person, a friend, and... yeah, I guess as a Super Moderator to you guys. :P 2015 is only certain to get better.

From Marie-Chan:

2014. A whole year of PFQ wonders. I may be retired, but I still watch over. I've seen the site grow, the staff grow and the userbase as well. It's been a wonderful journey so far and I am proud of what PFQ is. I've made new friends, saw users get excited over little events like the Candy hunt on Halloween and it makes me smile and want to help with more of those events. 2015. A new year. For even more awesomeness. For PFQ to grow even more so that you too, will be proud of what we've become. I'm pretty sure this year will still manage to surprise you~

From Ledah:

I don't care that it's New Year's, Fuzzbutt, I'm not singing Auld Lang Syne and that's final! There aren't enough wine coolers in the world or under it to make me do it, so shut your trap and grab me that dessert tray over there before I knock you into next week! I like parties and all, just not when "the boss" is badgering me to be the entertainment. Not for free, anyway. Cross my paw with some gold and we'll talk, I said, but Niet shut that down right quick. No gold, no sing, go find a DJ or something because Ledah don't give nobody somethin' for nothin'. Ain't gonna happen, no way no how. I'm not sorry to see the back of 2014. Truth be told, it's not been a great year for me. Been a lot more downs than ups this year; I'll be glad to see it go. I've been pretty sick for a long time, and I'm really only starting to get better. Lot of stress, lot of anxiety, lot of money going down the drain, which you know hurts me like almost nothing else. I say "almost" because that's not even close to the worst thing that happened. Another urn of ashes joined Quillamina's on my computer desk this year. Loki died in June, of a massive tumour that wasn't detectable by sight or touch just two days before his death. It grew so much in those two days that x-rays showed it was taking up almost his entire lower abdomen. He'd have had a few more days left, and he'd have suffered the whole time; that's no way to live. "If you love someone, let them go," they say, so that's what I did. Hurts like hell even now, and that's coming from the devil, so you know I know what I'm talking about. I don't like Friday the thirteenth so much anymore. Life goes on, even when it's hard. Friends got me through, and the unholy trinity (Bacent, TyphlosionRob, and of course, yours truly) keeps this Trollmin strong. I also welcomed a new spiky baby, Calliope, who's helped keep the grief at bay, as much as anyone can. Got to tell off a doctor who's been deliberately stonewalling me since day one and whom I hate for it - there are very few people that I actually, legit hate, but she's top of the list right now - and found a new one who actually gives a flying you-know-what about doing what's right for the patient instead of just saying no to everything. Finally getting a severe health issue treated on the sixth of next year, so that's good news. No, I'm not dying, so put away the noisemakers and party hats, you can't get rid of me that easily. With any luck, 2015 should be alright. Things can only get better from here, I - are you really starting this again? ...Fine. But just this once. Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind...

From Ravyne:

2014 was quite a difficult year for me, but I intend to make 2015 better both on Pokefarm and everything else. I'm not a wish of many words, so my little entry won't be so long as everyone else's, but I hope that the next year will bring much goodliness to all! And finally,

From Garthic:

First of all, I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has given their support to us throughout this year. Be it through their patience, their generosity, or just their kind words - sincerely, thank you. You don't know how much easier you make this job - just to know that there are people out there who appreciate what it is that we do in our free time... It truly does make this all worth it. 2014 has been an interesting year for me... For sure, the absolute BEST part was when I got to see Sei for two whole weeks >w< (Hey, I'm allowed to gush!) It was amazing to be able to see my love once again. I see her far too little, but that's a long-distance relationship for ya. You're with someone you love (GREAT!) but... They're so far away (Not so great...). It's not all been particularly great, though. I'm so stressed about numerous things that I'm losing my hair. It's literally falling out. Kinda sucks. I won't go into the details of why - since it's honestly a lot of things, but let's just simplify it by saying that because of someone in particular, I've grown up without any real confidence, self-esteem, I have a negative self-image and all this other good stuff. It's difficult but... I have support. That's what gets me through everything - the support that I have from my friends, old and new - from my peers... And also from the userbase right here. All of the above makes what I do... Well. Worth it. Every "thank you", every supportive tidbit, every person who is simply patient and doesn't rush us, every person who has simply been grateful for the work we do? Thank you. I know it's sappy, but you keep this goofy little Riolu standing on his two feet and capable of doing a job he fell in love with several years ago now... And for me, that's a lot. Thanks guys <3
With all of that out of the way, it's time to announce some new features!

Battling

It's been implemented! Woop! Don't forget, if you find any bugs - you'll need to report them so we can get them fixed! I'm not doubting Niet's coding ability here, but chances are... There's gonna some bugs somewhere - the sooner we get them reported, the sooner we get them squished! <3 It's going to function the way it did on the ORIGINAL PokéBattlers (2007!). The battles are going to be auto. They're also going to be one-on-one. EV-training will be effective as the better attack stat has a higher chance of being used - so if you have 200 attack and 100 special attack, you're significantly more likely to hit with a physical blow! Check out the Dojo to get started!

Albinos

After a long wait, they're finally here! In order to unlock these little beasties, you're going to need to purchase the Albino Radar... With Interaction points. You'll also need to power the Radar with IP, so if you want to keep it powered - you'll need to keep interacting with other people! With the Radar available and powered up, you can now get Albino-pokémon! It's as easy as that! :D If you wanna see how one looks... Look at our Albino-designer, Ledah! She got one for demonstration so you can all see what one looks like! To start hunting your own, check out the Albino Hunting page - it's been added to the Farm Page, next to the Shiny Hunting link.

Mega evolution update

It's been made easier! Now, only 50 evolutions are required to unlock the Mega evolutions :D But those extra evolutions that people made aren't just going to go to waste - no... We thought better than that!

Mega accessories

Now there are different types of mega ring variations for you to choose from, depending on how many pokémon you've evolved! These will show up on your trainer card for all to see. Prefer the original? Stick with it! Wanna go with something a little bit new and fresh - well, now you've got the option! Visit the Merchant to take a look!

The Wishforge

Gems have purpose! Aww yee. Someone's gonna be real happy to take your shinies from you~ ...As in your.. Gem-shinies. Not your shiny-shinies. Sei'd probably have a heart-attack. Poor Steve still hasn't got a single shiny. After buying a Badge Case from the Shop, visit our new "Wishforge" (accessible from your Neaby Places on the Farm page) to craft badges which will provide you with... Bonuses, put simply. Each badge has a number of ranks, the higher the rank... The higher the bonus that the badge provides!

PF1 Exclusives

Been a long time coming, eh? Well, we did some looking over the PF1 exclusives that were put out over the years and we've come to something of a consensus on what to do with them. Some of them, for example, have been re-released here! Oh, but it's a new way to get them~ I've been told that they can be gained through certain "Breeding conditions"... But sadly, I can't tell you what they are! I guess some research is going to have to be done. I think we should all blame Doug. He's a bit shady, don't you think? Here's a list of all the Exclusives you can get so far, with more to come!
  • Saiyan Rattata, with new Formes all the way up to Super Saiyan FOUR Raticate!
  • Flying and Surfing Pichu and evolutions, including Snowboarding Pikachu!
  • Shooting Star Cleffa and its evolutions
  • Rokon Koroku is here with a new name and a brand new Mega Evolution - yes, you read that right! Good luck finding its Mega Stone, though, it's really rare ;)
  • Apocalyptic Growlithe, Poochyena, Shroomish and Golett, and their evolved forms
  • Snowpoke and evolutions thereof
  • Death Star Voltorb/Electrode
  • Blue Moon Slugma/Magcargo
  • Ice Hounds Frosdour and Chilldoom, sporting cool new designs! (still not sorry!)
  • Snow Combee and Vespiquen
Good luck collecting them all!
That's it! The end of this interminable wall of text! Back to Farming with you!

ADDITION REGARDING THE CHEAT CODE FOR THOSE WHO FOUND IT - PLEASE READ THE LINK BELOW! Regarding the New Years Cheatcode ^^IMPORANT!^^
LÓbrÖ's AvatarLÓbrÖ
Awesome: ----> Tip And it gets really 'spensive because I need the sparkle expensive? lolz
meowrly's Avatarmeowrly
OMG YES This is a fantastic new start to the new year! With PF1 memories clashing, and new features! Whew! thats alot! Time to go make those interactions ;o;
PlasmaStorm's AvatarPlasmaStorm
OH MY GODS THANKS GUYS! I LOVE THE ANOUNCEMENT!
'You are too late, I'm afraid. This flower's already dead'
Pokesonas Karyuu Yurui Comic Avatar is drawn by Tsuzera and used with permission
c r e d i t
Reshiram sprite is official. Coding and template is by TheFabuTor for free use
So that's why my neighbors are sending off fireworks in the middle of the night - It's new year's! Happy new years, guys, and thanks for the updates! Not just todays, but the one's you all worked hard on all year round. And happy new years to the non-staff members, too!
Avatar made by me My Shiny Hunts [Current hunt : Eevee] Feel free to PM me! I don't mind a good chat about the things I like, which can be found on my page.
Stambo's AvatarStambo
THANKS SO MUCH! :D :) ^V^
Bladeporeon's AvatarBladeporeon
AWWW YISSSS Every last update is JUICY JUICY JUICY! Will be hunting albinos for sure!
* Superhero Vaporeon at your service! Now with Slurpuff sidekick! * Avatar is of my NEW fursuit, made by Katsudoggo!
Flareon's AvatarFlareon
Awesome, the battling sounds exciting. :D I hope you all had a nice last year, and I wish you a happy new one!
♥ Would you like to give my shop a look?
♥ I really like role-playing, and I'm always trying to meet new people to write with.
♥ I'd like to apologize in advance for any mistakes I might make, since English isn't my first language.
[Artwork
Within the avatar and signature.
made by Altias, codes by Flareon.]
darrowshire's Avatardarrowshire
This is awesome! Thank you so much (:
Rhylexa's AvatarRhylexa
All your stories are so heart-warming I started tearing up. >.< Thanks for this really big update. They're all so cool. ^_^ ♥♥♥
Shop- shinies/albinos, gem/summon swaps, Melan dexing, and buying some things for ZC! Journal---Random Info, Living dex (In progress), & shinies/albinos I need TFSDTS--- I dex shinies/albinos for free!
credit
Background from Temple of the Sea F2U code by Gumshoe

Pages: 123··· 678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page