PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 7273747576··· 211212213

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
You ranked 37th out of 1,200, placing you in the top 4%.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Selena5000's AvatarSelena5000
9th place! Not bad!
Current avatar was made for my use by Midnight Blaze
Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it happened but it wasnt with one of my melan ledians,,, but it's my 1st win,,, 1st place everyone
My babies <3
Pride icon from Niwatori
Kotori's AvatarKotori
Wow, congrats on 1st place, Ladybug!! ^^ I love how golden it is and how you used those Heroic Headbands! My lil beauty here got 2nd! ;u; Eeeee, with this, I've finally got the 8th Glass Stage I needed for some of the designs I've wanted to do!
Alolan Vulpixie avatar drawn by Bianca Murosaki!
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
LADYBUG GOT FIRST! LADYBUG GOT FIRST! LADYBUG GOT FIRST! (wondering if yelling that 3x is enough...) Congratulations on Another fine finish Kotori :-D (go easy on us with that 8th stage, okay? *wink*) And a Top 10 finish for Selena, not bad at all! :-) I was a dne again this week. Hopefully will feel inspired to design something for the next one.
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 3049 pts Current Shiny Hunt 6/394 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
Thanks friends~ Now to struggle to place well for a fat 3 months- Honestly I can't top this design Until I'm done growing 5,000 belue berries so I can be the owner of 6 comet props But I'll try my best this next one. I shall beat the odds and get another 1st place not
Yeah's AvatarYeah
Everything I posted her are 30% and below in popularity , does anyone have any advice in making these better , cause I kinda suck. So I can never do good
Top 27% This is worse than my last one

At least it’s better than my one a long time ago

All rainbow and semetric designs do good

All My Designs that did better than 30% (Warning lots)

one of these is 17% and 2 are at 18% and 2 are at 19%
My fifth and forth best contests both at 15%

My third best contest ever at 13%(see how bad I am )

my second best ever at 13

My best ever contest 8%(Yes I know)

Does anyone have any tips for doing better? @Ladybug and everyone else who posts here How are you so good
  • about me
  • collecting
  • secrets

Yeah / He

Type race: 0
209/500 till mew hunt (buying at 100k credits each)
NEW ABOUT ME!!!!
SECRET TEXT MWAHHAHA
Ima edit this eventually, but for now es blank
75/100 wheee
wawwwww a fancy thingy!!!!
credits
Code @Colorful Background from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX Profile picture by Cryst Signature Picture by @crazyMissdream Running Mew by @KitKatKutie2 | Shop
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Good job everyone. :3 I’ve been kinda stalking this thread, but I’ve been too busy to sit down and make a design for the contests the past month or two. I’m doing the next contest though. òwó I won’t stop aiming for 1st place. @GG Boss, I remember seeing and voting for a lot of yours! :o I LOVE the way you sometimes make rainbow-y colors. As for tips, not that your designs are bad, but people seem to gravitate towards symmetry. It’s weird and kinda sucks, because you can make a PERFECTLY GOOD design that ISN’T symmetrical, but I guess it’s more pleasing to the eye. (My theory of attraction to symmetry is based on how humans look at faces: the more symmetrical someone’s face is, the more attractive people see them) (You could also try maxing your Pokémons’ stats and only use accessories that fit the theme very well. Not sure how high all your Pokémon stats are, or what theme you went with for each one)
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Ladybug's AvatarLadybug
@GG Boss- Honestly overall it depends on who votes for you, different things for different people yknow? I didn't expect my last design to actually....win. From what I observe, the designs that are snug and tightly packed together to the pokemon but also have some aspects that are more detached from the main body of the design do best. Does that make sense?? Example: my last design was tightly packed together, kinda squished in my opinion. A lot of winning designs in the history of the contests use the entire entry space in some way as well. So basically filling the space is a good idea for entries. Also, pattern and/or symmetry. It's art, lol. The entries that have random props in random places just because they feel like won't really get far- which I'm not saying they're garbage you can do what you want- but in the... competitive? Contest community it won't happen. And of course, picking a Pokemon you can associate with the type and theme of the contest given, and max its contest stat for it. The appeal boost does help in the long run! That's how I go about it anyway~
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
@GG boss - there are a few good posts on your question starting at the bottom of p.72 of this thread. They give the basics for a winning design (from winning designers). I would also add that aiming for a Top 10% finish (first), then top 7%, 5% etc., sort of working your way up to a Top 10 finish/1st place goal would allow you focus on what accessories you use, and what design elements both you And the voters like. Also to achieve some recognizable success along the way. :-) One particular thing you might try is to uncomplicated your designs a bit - they have nice elements that I think all of us like, but they may only be seen if we take a moment to look for them. And as has been pointed out to me on more than one occasion, most voters probably only look at a panel of Five (5) images for maybe a second and a half before picking one to vote for (or refreshing the page) and moving on. 'Cluttered' or (though often Very good, but) 'complicated' ones just may not jump out to the viewer in that amount of time. Particularly against 4 others. Just my thoughts.

Pages: 123··· 7273747576··· 211212213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page