PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Contests

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Event Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 119120121122123··· 211212213

Iggyzilla tm's AvatarIggyzilla tm
12th place, holy cheese. (>.v.<) <3
Type Race Dec. 2020!
(Trophy by GnarleyQuinn!)
(Avatar is a Braxien/Zoroark hybrid created by myself!)
xie lian's Avatarxie lian
55th, that’s nice!
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
× 0 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
Paula's AvatarPaula
Wondering: Do people judge Contest designs based on whether it fits the theme? I always do but not sure if it's a general thing or not :D
This is my shop - I am selling everything due to hiatus.
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
I can only speak for myself, but here are the various things I look at/for when deciding to vote for a design or not. Any of the following can/will get a vote from me :-) 1) Theme and Category matched 2) Theme or Category matches 3) Overall appeal (even if Not theme/category matching) 4) Amazing/Original design - regardless of any other 'missing' factors 5) Newer player designs (obviously someone without many applicable accessories, but still made an attempt at a design) That last one I do to help encourage such players to keep designing/entering Contests. Note: I do refresh A Lot while voting, as often none of the 5 designs presented are 'vote worthy' in my mind. I will also vote more than once for a design I really like, if it shows up more than once.

Special Condition

Please note: this is specifically a personal feelings one, but is an overriding factor for me in all but a Very Few cases

key reason for Not voting for a design

because I very much dislike the visual of this single accessory, combined with Just How Many Times I see it used for almost Every Single category of contest, it has to be a pretty spectacular design for me to vote for with even a single one of them used (even when the Category is 'Intangible')

hated accessory

only if you Really want to know

puffy smoke
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 3984 pts Current Shiny Hunt 6/498 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
I also vote on things that I try to consoder when creatong a entry so:- >> Is it visually appealing? >> Does it follow the theme? >> How much effort went into the entry -- I refuse to vote for something that's looks like it's taken a couple of minutes to create. But that's just me. And on the rare cases that there's 2 or really good entries on the same page I get my lil boy, brother or niece to pick. ^^
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc Send trade or post here
For me, whether or not it seems to represent my understanding of the theme is the first thing I consider. After that, it's really just a matter of how much I like the design, truth be told. I really really dislike messy designs, or ones that seem to use a lot of extraneous accessories just to fill space, so a design that seems particularly clever, fits the theme and uses fewer accessories will likely get my vote. I won't lie, sometimes there's some bias in me toward Pokemon I particularly like, like the Zorua line or Dark Deltas, but usually that only comes in as the very last thing I consider.
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.
ALKALi's AvatarALKALi
Personally, I don't really think about the theme at all when voting. Aesthetic appeal is pretty much the only thing I consider. I will admit that I try not to vote for radially symmetrical designs because I'm quite tired of them. They're not nearly as common now as they used to be, but I still think it's rather lazy to default to symmetry just because it's a pretty safe option. Instead, I try to vote for designs where it seems that the creator has put some thought into the composition. TL;DR I prefer to vote for designs that are original and/or clever.
Formerly DuskAurora. Avatar by Kaenith (Tumblr). Permission. Originally posted here.
CrobatQueen's AvatarCrobatQueen
You ranked 13th out of 1,250, placing you in the top 2%. :D
Icon drawn by me!
MonkeyBell853's AvatarMonkeyBell853
Top 4%! GG delta!
Monkey/Marie • she/her • Shy and anxious Aipom Journalfieldsimportant post Respect my fellow monkey Pokémon and I shall respect you. I stan all Monkey Pokémon, they’re my babies
Spewpa's AvatarSpewpa
No... way... It seems your Popularity score let you down. Try creating a more impactful design with your Pokémon and Accessories to gain more votes and boost your score! You ranked 52nd out of 1,250, placing you in the top 5%. The very highest I've ever got! You're dang right he's my Lucky Star
Spewpa • She/Her • Touches Grass Occasionally on hiatus/quit, will reply eventually 0/500 Raijin's Lamps - Buying at 150gp/equiv per* HOARDING - *Only if I have the currency
Background + Art | Code | Forum Icon - Bungo Stray Dogs: Gaiden

Pages: 123··· 119120121122123··· 211212213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page