PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Elta's Scrolls

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 12345678

Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #8

Aug. 5, 2015 It appears my student job took me a bit too serious when I said I could work pretty much every day during August. I also said that at a time when I didn't know I'd have to retake exams which require doing projects during the summer vacation. So far I've been able to keep on top of things, but it's the last few weeks of this month that I'm worrying about. I got time off on days of the exams, but any other day is looking... ugly. I also don't know why my college has this project system of doing things in steps. Because of it, I can't finish parts of a project until that section and its deadline are revealed on the campus' online platform, and with work eating up most of my time... It's becoming difficult to stay calm and keep and keep a level head. In any case, I'm going to have to end my Ditto hunt because of it: too many long absences causes me to miss out on everybody with eggs ready to release and so getting up early in the hopes of passing them by; shelter diving is making my eyes exhausted and tear-y. My body is tired yet I'm wide awake. Hell, I fell asleep behind my laptop while I was waiting on fresh eggies.. >.< I'm probably going to redo this Ditto hunt after I come back. Right now I just want to be done with it as soon as possible.
Template © Eltafez

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal | Comic
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #9

Aug. 20, 2015 "Eggs hatched: 47,620" Almost there! Trying to keep up with my 300+ eggs/day chain. So far so good. At this rate I'll complete the 50k eggs mark in another 7 days or less! My future hunts list is slowly getting shorter as I cross one off each day. As soon as it's completely finished, I'm going to be closing that section until my shiny stock depletes. It's getting quite full in my shop and they aren't selling as quickly as I expected. I'll have to take another look at my prices and see if I can readjust without damaging the market too much... On the other hand, I'm still focusing on my badges. I really want to get them all to Wishalloy before I completely pay attention to the orders of my Dragonball/Arceus Plates hunts. I saw people offering 30 hunt spots and thought them crazy... But then I remembered I'm offering a complete shiny Unown set for one such item. Go me~ xD On a completely other subject, I really have to get my butt into gear and renovate the Mass Click Association... Still not sure how I'll be going about it, but something needs to happen. This project has been on hold for at least 6 months and if nothing's going to be done, I'm afraid I'll have to drop it. Which isn't what I had in mind at all. So I guess my free time will be spent working on this pet project, next to hatching lots of eggs. Welp.
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #10

Aug. 27, 2015 A day or so late posting this, but OMG I DID IT AAAAARGH! That's another task gone from the list, woohoo! It's slowly getting smaller, and I'm left with the big ones for the most part. Those can wait till after I'm finished with the Mass Click Association revamp. Speaking of which, I'm almost done with the technical stuff. I'm also going to look into coding a better, more organized template for the MCA. The one we have now looks so cluttered and boring to me. ;~; Oh, and what to hunt for tomorrow's Ravyne boost... For sure it's going to be gems for a badge that isn't Wishalloy+ yet. I might have the V~ decide for me again. Unless it mocks me and chooses a Type that is Wishalloy and above for me. >> In that case, I'll need a backup plan... Right. Now I'll have to think about that. Welp. I did manage to redo my introduction post though, so... Go me? xD
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #11

Sep. 10, 2015 I haven't had the motivation or the time to continue my Unown hunts - let alone click - these past few days. My mom's depression made her hit rock bottom, and I've been closely monitoring her to make sure she's dealing and how her medication's affecting her. It isn't easy, and it's drained me more emotionally than I care to admit. Dad's arrival back home after six weeks of work offshore means I can split the worry between the two of us, which makes it a bit easier to bear. Just a bit. Other issues in real life have popped up, as well, so I'm not sure how long until I'll be able to start Unown again. I promised to get them done ASAP and I intend to keep that promise... But I can't do that unless I'm 120% at my game. So I'll be attacking that first. Now if only there was a crash course Sleeping & Relaxing 101.
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #12

Sep. 17, 2015 A new college, a new course, a new year. What better way to start it than waking up at 4:30 AM at the latest so I can travel a total of 5 hours back and forth from home to college. My subscription for public transport doesn't allow me a lot of freedom in regards to the routes I take, so even though welcoming day is at 9:30 AM, I'll still arrive there an hour early. I wanted to enroll to Multimedia Technology years ago, but couldn't due to pressure of family. Since I dropped my previous course, I have to pay for college tuition (plus all that it entails, such as books, subscriptions, etc.) and it ate right through my savings. I just hope it's worth all this trouble. Please be worth all this trouble. ;~;
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #13

Sep. 23, 2015 If the course doesn't end me, all the travelling might. In just a few days, I covered just about any transport method available above ground - short of flying to college or arriving there by boat, that is. I have moved a lot more in the past few days than I probably did in the past 4 years altogether. xD That aside... I had some free time on the train today and came up with quiz questions about the rules! It's something that I (and a few other staff members) have wanted to do for a while, but only now had the time to expand on it. It's going to be done in the Site Chat, though I'm still working out how many questions a week/month should be done. Can't be every day since college and the travelling back and forth are eating most of my day... But I'm thinking at least every Friday, so more people can join in if they want. Hm... Still have to stomp out the details. *mutter mutter*
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
-obsolete-
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #14

Nov. 19, 2015 December is coming at a rapid pace and I still have so many things to do. ;~; I'll have to host this year's Winter Benefaction alone, I think, which means I'll have to give extra effort and thought into the prizes to keep things fair. Also put the rewarding system in place so prize distribution isn't as delayed as it was last year. >>; A gazillion things to do and not enough time or hands to work on everything. If I could, I would've cloned myself. Or given myself extra limbs - including heads (imagine all the extra senses!). While I'm at it, I'd want to add wings and be able to teleport... *continues (day)dreaming*
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #15

Nov. 29, 2015 I don't understand. I keep seeing the term "mini mod" or "thread mod" everywhere and it's driving me crazy. Even when I suggest using "helper" or something similar, people insist on using the two mentioned above. It's fine to have other users help manage your thread. It is NOT okay for them to be enforcing any rules you may have laid out. Look at it this way: if someone posts and breaks one of your rules, they're spamming. If one of said "thread mods" posts to tell said person they broke a rule, that's an additional pointless post. That's two spam posts because they can't delete the original spam post. Plus they're breaking a site rule by actually mini-modding (aka doing a staff member's job for them). It's a no-go and will even get the "thread mods" in trouble. Seriously, the only time a thread helper is really helping is by reporting the user and pointing out the spam to actual staff members. Using a role that contains the term "mod" or something when you're not part of staff is... misleading, for lack of a better word. You don't have the ability to do something about rule breakers, and attempting to take matters into your own hands can get you reported for mini-modding. The irony, right? So yeah, please stop using "mini mod" or "thread mod". It's becoming one of my pet peeves.
Template © Eltafez
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

Entry #16

Dec. 22, 2015 Of all the things I have done over the weeks, I have forgotten to prepare gifts for friends and/or people I regularly chat with. I'm a horrible human being, I know. OTL I'm panicking a bit because I also still have to pack a few bags - dad booked us a surprise stay at a Center Parcs resort and I don't know if I'll be able to take my laptop with me and/or if we'll have free wifi. If there's anything I dislike, it's the amount of preparation needed to be whisked away from home for a couple of days. D: Can I have the achievement for ultra procrastination now plz?
Template © Eltafez

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page