PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 141516

Mystera's AvatarMystera
May want to occasionally ignore that "everyone gets one before dups" rule or we'll end up with incompatible people paired off just because they were the last one left. I think the sign-up form should be "What is your timezone?" and "What times are you usually on?" and match based off of that. Maybe add a line at the bottom "Any factors you do/do not want in a mentor?" if someone has something specific they need help with or a certain type of person they do not want to be paired with. Mentor forms would be more in-depth, and whoever does the pairing would have access to the full mentor database. Specialities don't really work out since a lot of newbies come in like "Um, help me with everything?"
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Mystera brings up a good point And good form for this could maybe also be- Username: Time zone: What time are you usually available: What can you help with/What do you want help with: Most people go by sleep schedules instead of time zones, but its a general time they would be available for helping And about the everyone gets one before duplicates I still feel strongly about being able/allowed to help multiple users at once, if anyone has any thoughts. I have been helping new users on my own for a while and found myself capable of helping quite a few at one time. I know the point included incompatibility amongst users though, so maybe we can bring back up (assuming it was said) that thing where the mentee choses a mentor? And are able to switch if need be? Obviously we all just want to help, it shouldn't matter if we choose or they choose, the goal will be getting them help.
Portoconnor's AvatarPortoconnor
I would love to have this! I would love to help some newbies get a head start like when my friend helped me get started. Paying that back to the community would be awesome. Tbh this was me sorta minibumping cause this is really cool and I REALLY wanna see this come to fruition
Tabby Tabs!
  • Shops!
  • Credit!
  • Clans!
Credit Goes to Yukirona!for my AWESOME Profile Picture!
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Of course. It's why we're being so slow with this. We can't really afford to do anything half effort. And we need to make sure we have enough people to keep it under control and the likes. Gahhh
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
CassieBlue's AvatarCassieBlue
Dunno If this is dead or not, but I think this is a great idea and I would be more than willing to help sort things out with keeping lists updated and what not!
Art from pokemon wiki.
Aphøtic's AvatarAphøtic
I know this is a rather old thread, but I've read through the pages and have a few questions. I apologize if this was already covered; 10 pages full of writing is a little hard to read in mobile :P ~ will there be a rank prerequisite for a mentee? Looking at the sites statistics, there are over 100k users, but only a few thousand that are active. Will a mentee need to be a certain rank in order to be paired with a mentor? ~ will this be run by only current PFQ staff? I assume there will be several positions like a lead, some coordinators, and other positions, but will those only be open to current staff or will there be chances for other experienced and actives users to step up and apply? ~ would there be an offline limit until a mentor/mentee lost their spot? Like if someone takes multiple leagues of absences would they forfeit their role? (Probably a dumb question)
Lyra's AvatarLyra
Hallo c: I am not sure how this will be runned yet but frome the discussions I do have a idea. But it might be wrong ^^'. Becasue it would be a officiel clan the only one with the newest information are the staff c:. Pleas rember. We did have a discussion on this I think and teh mentoring program that was run before you at least had to be above a certain rank. But because of the BFM you can earese your pokedex and thus your rank. You can also can get arceus rank withouht ever making a trade c:, hard but doable those people don't have the same knolodge then somone who is running a trade shope for example. I think one of the idea was there coul be a littel test so they know you know enough about PFQ to help a newbie out c:. Well it begin run by the users and it will now be a officiale PFQ clan. I think that means that the staff is leading the mentors and the mentors are user based c:. So the people heloing out the newbies will be the staff, but the staff are responisable for the mentors c:. If I am correct. We have discussed this but I am not sure what the answare was anymore ^^'. It has been a lonnnng time. I think we discussed it but if you had to go or go on vacation you had to say that and 'hand over' temporary your newbie to somone els c:. But we hadn't a definite answare to how long you can't be online before your newbie will be given to somone els and when to move to a new newbie when it doesn't come online ^^.
Beatifull signature and avatar made by Ryuokowolf c:.
We would like all the feedback. It's taking so long to get this out as we're spread thin and need to try and get this out so it works with the rest of the site. It's sadly not first and foremost on our to-do list, but sadly isn't something we think should be run by someone who isn't well staff?
Lyra's AvatarLyra
So everyone who is going to be mentor is going to be part of the staff? Uhmmm to be honest I don't like that ^^'. It's nothing against the staff c:, you are all wonderfull people that are trying hard every day to make PFQ a better place and I know that c:. It's just I don't want to be part of the staff s:, I know I will see the 'dark side' of PFQ when I will be able to read reports (as part of the staff) and negativety just drains my energie fast. My head can get so full and I get so tiered after a simple fight with my friends or even when I talk with somone who has a really bad day or is just really sad. I come to PFQ to relax, I don't want avoid going to PFQ just because I can see the negativety/aggresivness/ruddness that is going on behind the curtains so to speak. I really love this site and I wanted to help this site by being a mentor so I could help this site that I really love withouth being part of the staff. That is what I was excited about. I can help the site and other people withouth dealing/seeing the reports and negativety. I know that there would be somtimes the hiccups or ruddnes ofcourse they will be, but that is somthing els then be part of the staff c:. I thoughed it would be more somthing like a helping hand (if that still excist XD) or wiki editor. So I would rather not that the mentors would be part of the staff c:, but that is my opnion. Also question, if the mentor would be part of the staff that means you have to be 18+ right? But nice to hear about it again :). I was begining to wonder if you all where still busy with the mentoring program c:. I am excited to see how this will all be worked out ^^
No, as in - the staff will be hosting the actual clan. And overseeing the mentors. The clan itself will not be given to someone who's outside of staff to oversee. After that, anyone can become a mentor as long as they meet the certain criteria.

Pages: 123··· 89101112··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page