PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in RP rules - PLEASE READ!

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon RP > PokéPark RP > RP rules - PLEASE READ! >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hi everyone! Welcome to PokéPark! Please be sure to read this thread so we can all have a great time! This RP has been set up as a subforum for a very specific reason: It is an open RP. What this means is that you can enter it or leave it at any time (although if you leave when people are waiting for you, that's not very nice :p). There is one main thread, and that thread is sticky too, alongside this one. In the main thread, you can post your character doing something alone, and is generally to be used to find someone else who's looking for interactions. When you have one or more people to RP with, start a new thread! Avoid lengthy RP in the main thread, as this makes it harder for others to use it. When you do create a thread for your scene, post a link to it in the main thread, and make sure to mention who is invited to the scene itself. Scenes are not private by default! What this means is that it is okay to join someone else's scene, however this should be done with care and only with good reason! Don't just randomly wander into someone else's tea party, for example. Unless the smell of tea drew you in. If you want a scene to be private, please tag it as such in the thread's title [private].
About characters: This is a PokéPark-type setting. This means Pokémon characters only. It is okay to have a Trainer, but it is not okay for that Trainer to be present. You may have as many characters as you like, provided you can keep track of them all and make it clear who is speaking if more than one are present. Colours might be a good start, but make sure to use a background colour where appropriate so that everyone can read it! Absolutely no Legendaries. Legendary Pokémon, while awesome, have no place as regular characters in this RP. Depending on how this goes out, I myself may bring in a Legendary for specific purposes, such as a large celebration or other event. Just to make this clear: I am the only one who can use Legendary Pokémon, and I will only do so for a very good reason. EDIT: Having thought about this some more, I'm going to extend the exception to staff members in general, rather than just myself. I'm sure we can all trust the rest of staff with this kind of responsibility, and... well, with Ravyne and Ledah around it wouldn't be fair to exclude them if they wanted to join!
About scenes: Since all characters are Pokémon, battling will be quite common, I'm sure. Fight fair. Any kind of PVP battles in RP is really, really likely to run into Mary Sues, that avoid every single attack that come at them. Or survive an attack that should have destroyed them (think Magnezone being attacked with Earthquake - Sturdy may apply, but only if the Magnezone is unhurt! Beyond that, you're a goner.) As a general rule, declare your attack, but let the target decide what happens. Rather than "X hit Y with Flamethrower", you should post "X launched a Flamethrower attack at Y" and then Y decides if it works. This is a great way to ensure battles are fair, but of course you have to accept that you will take hits! Here's another way to look at things: If your Pokémon is unnaturally strong, or avoids everything, or never takes any damage... others are going to be afraid, and fear leads to attacking more. It won't be fun for you if your character is supernatural! So overall, be honest, be fair. If someone comes at you with a sneak attack, it should probably work, and then you fight back. Oh yeah, and Arceus might bring Judgment on you if you're too much of a Mary Sue :p
I think that about covers it. If you'd like to join, go ahead and post your character or characters in the character list thread - that one's also sticky. I strongly recommend you bookmark your post in that thread, and link to it when you start posting in the main thread, so people can find out what your character is before deciding to interact or not. This subforum is mostly experimental. If it works, great! If it descends into chaos, I will take it away, got it? So just relax and have fun!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page