PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

QUOTE originally posted by impish.sei

I think the problem is...the colours on canon Aurorus ARE very different colours, they're just so pale that they blend more. Since we are looking at the melan, you have to reference the shiny colouration, so the sail is pale yellow and a pale pink-ish lilac grey. So very much both a warm and a cool colour. It's just that when you deepen them, especially with making a gradient in a pixel art at a small scale being more difficult especially when things are stylised, that clashing is more obvious.
Yeah, since they're more or less shades of yellow and purple they're technically... what's the word for colors directly across on the color wheel? But when you invert, saturate, and darken it... you get some colors that are more obviously so different. I don't know what the best move would be, personally, I'd probably just make the orange purple because I'm not an artist and I like purple lol. But the more I think, I think that maybe if orange is The Color, maybe going all in and saturating it to match the blue might be better? It still looks more like a water-type's fins than an aurora-themed ice frill to me, but at least has some aspect of the sky imo. Behold, my lazy phone edit: (This looked different in my phone editor??? Oh well I'll try anyway)
But I'm sure there will be some who like that even less so idk :x @NORsevvy: While I definitely agree with a lot of what you're saying, it gets awkward because some people do genuinely like the new sprites too. I for one love love love the new mega Leafeon melan, and would probably have one if Eevee wasn't such a high exp egg. Though as a lover of blues and purples, I do also regret a lot of the sprites that went to more brown-tinged greens etc. This whole project is... rough, and it's hard to know what to say sometimes. Having something you spent so much time getting changed without you having much input or being able to have decided whether to spend that effort based on the new design is hard to swallow sometimes... But yeah I don't always understand how "consistency" vs "artistic license" is handled in these cases.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page