PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Ivy Chateau: Prelude

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Ivy Chateau: Prelude >

Ketzal's AvatarKetzal
ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum Frappe stepped back from the pounding thrum of the dryer, watching the pile of towels tumble in the drum. Only a single guest had used the bathhouse, but with his size, he'd needed half a dozen towels to dry off! It would be an hour or two before these were done, not that they'd need them too soon. She simply didn't have anything else productive to do. <-Granbull bites!> A strange voice, deep and droning, broke her dreary wander. Had something snuck into the hotel? As she made for the door, she heard it continue, slightly clearer. <When Combee stings!> The words struck a chord with her, vaguely familiar. Was it trying to sing? It sounded more like shouting. She dug her paws into the small gap in the doorway, pulling the door open so she could leave the room. Arceus forbid she had shut it behind her, she'd have to go find a ladder to get out. <When I'm feeeeelin' saaaad!> The voice croons dramatically, earning a chorus of giggles from an audience she knew well. Now she could hear the piano's accompaniment, no contestant to the singer's volume. That was no surprise, though. Even if Talon tried to compete, her paws wouldn't be able to slam the keys hard enough and keep the melody intact. With a growing smile, she jogged through the hall to enter the lobby area. Their Orcalot guest was the source of the yowling, standing by the bench where Talon joyfully added the piano's sounds to the mix. Her quiet laughter had reached a fever pitch with the Orcalot's hammy singing, and as he raised a massive metal paw to the sky in preparation for the final line, she doubled over, barely managing to maintain the melody. <Iiii simply remember my FAAAAVORITE things, and then I don' FEEEEEL, sooo BAAAAAAD!> It was easily among the worst covers of the song she'd heard, but thankfully he wasn't in town for the Musical. He didn't need to know that though. She smiled brightly as Talon regained herself to clap and cheer, laying her head on the keys as the last of the laughing fit worked itself out. <Ahaha! Mister Brine, that was awesome!> Talon squeaked, pushing herself back upright. <Ah, I know better than that, lass. But I appreciate the flattery.> He responded evenly, a smile on his face. <Not bad work on the instrument there either! Don't think I coud've done better myself.> He placed his metal paw down on the keys, releasing a discordant twang that caused Frappe to flinch. Quickly shaking the disturbance off, she waved for his attention. <Good afternoon Mr. Brine!> He maneuvered his way around to face her, turning a little slower with the four feet. <Ah, Ms. Frappe. Enjoying the ambience?> He chuckled, gesturing back to the piano as though she'd just arrived. As far as he knew, she probably had. <The sound of music is always a pleasure - though I have to wonder just how old you are after that song.> She replied, giggling behind a paw. <Far older than yourself, I'm sure of that.> He nodded. <We tend towards the ancient side.> He inspected his worn mechanisms, the various scratches and small dents on his coated claws. <Time's been kinder to me. Really though, are we being a disturbance?> Frappe waved her paws in denial. <Oh, not at all!> She told the pair. <On the contrary, I'm glad to hear some life around here! I was just passing through. I imagine it's quieter here than you're used to, though?> <That's an understatement!> He roared, catching himself as his volume once again skyrocketed and the two mice around him flinched. <Sorry. Enough time in construction and your hearing starts to fade.> <Really? Why's that?> Talon interjected. Brine turned his midsection to face the Minccino, looking down to explain. <Well, construction work means a lot of heavy metal and power tools. They make a lot of noise when you throw them around, and when you're close to it without ear protection you start to hear the ringing even when you're offsite. It's just part of the job.> She gasped sympathetically. <But that's so sad! Can you get ear protection?> With a single laugh he shook his head. <'Fraid they don't make 'em for folks like you and me. You just have to be careful and let me know when I get too loud, ya hear?> <Oh, you aren't that loud!> She giggled. <You are pretty loud though. Maybe a slow song next, for more of those long notes!> <Well, if you insist!> He grinned down at her, displaying the gleaming fangs. Talon doesn't hesitate to smile back, looking to the keys to try to recognize where she needed to be for the next song. Frappe gave the Orcalot a curtsy before her retreat to the reception desk. A hop, jump, a clumsy landing, and the door to the office crept out of the door catch, letting her pull it the rest of the way open without the chair's aid. Once inside, she shut it tight behind her. Ketzal was sitting at the desk with headphones on, tapping away at the desktop keyboard buried among the random mess on the desk. Her approach went unnoticed, as was her squeak of hello, requiring her to walk over and tug at his jeans for his attention. He looked down immediately, pulling the headphones down onto his neck. "Oh, hey Frappe. What's up?" [I'm done with everything.] She signed, leaning against the desk. "You're bored?" Her nod of approval recieved a shrug in response, then, "Actually, you got some mail. We can deal with that while you're here." Her face perked up immediately, the mouse excitedly hopping and squeaking to try to see the top of the desk. The human stood, clicking the monitor's power button before beginning to dig through the scattered papers. By the time she'd reached the cushion, he already had the two letters in one hand and a Pokeball in the other. That was cause for concern, but upon seeing her worried expression he replied, "It's fine. Sheo sent help, apparently." Which served only to change her concern to curiosity. [S-H-E-O? I know that name.] "Yeah, these are the responses from the invitations you sent." Her gasp seemed to be the right reaction, as he would begin to read the related letter aloud. By its conclusion, Frappe was staring at the Pokeball in wonder, while Ketzal was just shaking his head. "Well, probably better that he didn't come himself. He's caused you enough problems already." Frappe's small whine couldn't be clearly interpreted by the human, so he simply assumed she agreed. "I'll get around to reading..." The manual, now excavated and visible on the desk, sat as a textbook among the paper forms. "Arceus. It'll get done eventually." He said, more to himself. There were more pressing matters. The Pokeball was returned to the table, the letter dropped into the trash bin nearby. <Hey!> The Cinccino cried, running over to grab the letter from the bin and nearly overturning it in the process. Once it was retrieved, she waved it at him. <He took the time to write this, we should be respectful!> Her nonsensical cries do no more than stop him from continuing to the next letter, his eyes watching with no emotion behind them. He waited in silence, letting her calm for a moment before replying, "Ready for the next one?" Her tired squeak was enough of a change in tone, so he began to read the folded letter. This one took significantly longer not for the content, but rather the handwriting, which he took the time to comment on after finishing. "Man, he still writes like he's in the middle of a heart attack." [Wait he's actually coming?] "Yep. And since this is snail mail that arrived a few days ago, probably soon." She stared up at him with some mix of horror and excitement. Confused, he asked "What's with that look?" [He's a V-I-P! He gave us money and he's a friend of yours! We have to get ready!] The second part of the reasoning raised on eyebrow on the human, but he wasn't going to argue the point. "Well, looks like you've got things to do then, right? Better gather the crew." <We have to set up the room, we have to re-do ALL the cleaning, we need to have proper ingredients for the meals...> She listed off rapidly. Ketzal nodded along, looking down at the mess on the desk and fidgeting with one of the topmost forms. <Arranging a tour of Nimbasa, and - getting some dog toys! There's so much to do and he could be here tonight! I need to get moving!> She addressed the last line to Ketzal, her gesturing paused while she awaits a response. "Go get 'em, tiger. I'll be in here." He waved towards the door, and, in a flash of grey, she set off to work.

The Ivy Chateau begins in full with Chapter 1: Every Dog Has Its Day!

Avatar from Changed, by DragonSnow
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page