PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Wiki Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Wiki Discussion >

ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

QUOTE originally posted by flybynyx

I am officially confused on an issue re: baby Pokémon.

long quote

It has been my experience that Baby mons are unbreedable. Yet when I was just reading the entirety of the Day Care Wiki page, I came across this passage under the heading Leaving a Pokémon in the Day Care: If the two Pokémon left in the DayCare are in different Egg Groups, a message will appear beneath the two stating, "The Pokémon are not compatible for breeding." The only exceptions to this are Ditto, which may breed with any non- Legendary or Baby Pokémon, and the pairing of Articuno and Vulpix, which may breed to produce Koroku. I just tested a Ditto and a Chingling, and I do indeed get the message, “The Pokémon are not compatible for breeding.” I left them together and did quite a bit of clicking, with no eggs produced. Might this take forever? So I decided to inquire about the truth re:Baby/Ditto pairings instead of continuing what may well be a futile effort to breeding this pair. If a Ditto + a Baby indeed are breedable, why does my DC produce the incompatibility message plus maybe it just takes an extraordinarily long time? If they indeed are not breedable, it is confusing that the Wiki states they are an exception to the rule. It also seems to imply the incompatibility message should not appear because the case is an exception. Ahhhh… my head hurts. Please help! ~Thank You~
As Niet stated it was worded very poorly and baby pokemon are not breedable. I have changed this and hopefully made it better to understand. I also moved that info to the "breeding" section since it made not sense to have it where it was.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The "non-" in that fragment refers to the group "Legendary or Baby". It's a very poorly constructed sentence that needs rewriting, especially as it's also missing the Deerling/Turtwig special case. But more broadly and somehow more accurately, Ditto can breed with anything that has an egg group (ie. not "Undiscovered"), except for other Ditto.
Thank you Niet for the wording it helped! I also happened to notice that deerling/turtwig special case wasn't the only one that was missing lol.
Score: 899

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page