PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Hello everyone, As Methos mentioned earlier, colours are not solely dictated by the artist working on that particular sprite. I’ve seen the idea of letting the userbase vote for recolours pop up a few times, and while I understand the sentiment behind the suggestion, I’m afraid it’s simply not going to be possible for several reasons. 1. Most people would just vote for their favourite colour. Everyone wants to see more sprites in their favourite colours, especially if they base their collections on their favourite colour (myself included). Regardless of whether we show the sprite before voting, or we just say what the colours would be without showing it, it is highly likely that most people would simply vote for their favourite colour. If that is the case, then the majority of votes would turn out the same, and most new colour schemes released would align roughly along the same set of colours. Let’s say you really hate yellow albinos, but yellow is a very popular colour so many people vote for yellow and most new albinos released are yellow. Would you want that? Substitute “yellow” for your least favourite colour, or any other colour, and I’m sure that a lot of people would be unhappy seeing the colour they voted for lose the vote. One set of colours can't cater to everyone! (Not to mention, if the vote is very close, it would probably cause a lot of unnecessary drama, which I wouldn’t wish upon our colleagues the moderators.) 2. It would take too long. I’m sure you would like the sprite revamps to be completed sooner, so you can see the new sprites and decide which ones you want to hunt and collect. We artists would also like to spend more time working on releasing more brand new things for the site, like CS, costumes, trainer stuff, events, etc etc and even new generations (we’ll have more work to do once gen 9 comes out later this year!). If users were allowed to vote, it would definitely have to be at least a few days to a week, which is what we’ve been trying to do for site votes, so that people who are not online every day can have a say too. But if we did add a week to every recolour (and more, in some cases), the timetable would be dragged out much longer. You’d all have to live through longer periods of uncertainty for the generations that are slated for revamp – like gen 6. 3. You still have opportunities to give your input! The most recent examples are Munna and Vanillite, but they definitely aren’t the only examples of when recolours were released and then changed based on user feedback. We don't always get it right on the first try and that's okay. What we’re NOT going to do is make white-with-pink-eyes albinos and black-with-bright-highlights melans willy nilly like in the past. That era of Pokefarm is gone and it’s not coming back. That doesn’t mean we won’t release any more white albinos or black melans (we just released Hisuian Qwilfish and Overqwil with black melans), but there will be much fewer of them and more of other colours. But we CAN still accept your suggestions on specific colours you’d like to see, especially if the theme is particularly compelling like with Vanillite. At the end of the day, we want you to love our recolours as much as we do! I hope that you’ll continue to give us quality constructive feedback, we really appreciate that. (P.S. It’s easier for us to understand comments phrased like “please do X” rather than “don’t do Y”.)
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page