PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Account management updates

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Account management updates >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Continuing on from the ZC updates, here's what I plan to make happen with regard to handling accounts.
Update: Okay so this is slightly harder than I thought it would be, so I'm going to roll this out in stages. See below! - Username changes DONE! Currently you have to contact Support to get a full name change. I want to automate this process. It will still be subjected to frequency limits, but it will be doable without staff intervention. Staff can still perform name changes if necessary, for example if an account is locked for inappropriate usernames, or if a name change is urgently needed outside of the frequency policy. Status: DONE You can change your username on the Farm Page, under Options > Others. - Email changing Users will be able to change their email address, but doing so will result in the account being deactivated until the new activation email is received. In case of any issues with this, Support will be able to help. Status: Coming soon Work will begin on this part of the update sometime in the coming week or two. - Account closure Accounts cannot be deleted because everything on PFQ is a big, interconnected web. However, they can be closed (so you cannot log in unless you go through the password reset process to re-establish access) or anonymised (personal data such as name, email address and date of birth are deleted). Both of these are handled by staff on request and after validation of account ownership. In future, this process can be done by the player themselves. Status: Pending Some additional tweaks to the database are needed to make this update work properly. There may be a brief maintenance required. Stay tuned for further updates. Each of these updates are a substantial change that may be destructive if your account is compromised. May I take this opportunity to remind you to enable two-factor authentication to secure your account if you haven't already, and also remind you to never ever give anyone your password. Even "trusted friends" can betray your trust "as a prank" or because you upset them somehow. It's not worth potentially losing your account. This update is expected to arrive late February to early March.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page