PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Questions About Site Rules 2.0

Forum Index > Core > Help > Questions About Site Rules 2.0 >

Methos's AvatarMethos

QUOTE originally posted by fevineFølløwer

i'm back again with a template idea brewing! is having a slightly eyebleed template in the name of aesthetic okay? how bright can i go? how many bright colors can i use? a max saturation value would be nice but a general guideline is cool too!
If you're aware that the template is "eye-bleeding", then it's probably for the best not to use the template. Even for people who aren't medically susceptible to bright colors, it can be extremely unpleasant to try to read very brightly-coloured templates; especially if their personal skin has a dark background that makes the brightness stand out even more. I'm not exaggerating when I say it can feel like taking a physical blow to the face to suddenly come across an ultra-bright template under those circumstances. We don't want to set a hard number on things like saturation or the number of allowed colours because there are so many variables when creating templates. We do recommend that bright/extremely saturated colours should be used as accents, though, rather than as text or background colours. The larger the area covered by a bright/saturated colour, the stronger the visual impact it will have on the viewer; we just don't want that impact to be painful/cause harm. If you're unsure whether a particular template is too bright, you can run it by a moderator (though not Suriya, please) before using it publicly.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page