PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Expanding forum auto-cleaning

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Expanding forum auto-cleaning >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Currently, System Salamence has the responsibility of auto-deleting threads in the Trades forum that are over 2 weeks old. I'm expanding that scope. The Trades forum is not changing. Threads there are auto-deleted 2 weeks after their creation time. I emphasise this because the new expansion is calculated based on inactivity. A thread is deemed to be inactive if BOTH - Its most recent post is too old, AND - Its first post has not been edited in a long time This means that a thread can be kept "active" either by bumping it (assuming doing so is acceptable under the bump rules), OR by simply editing the first post, even if no substantial change is made to it. "Too old" is defined on a per-forum basis, so here's the numbers for that. All numbers are in weeks:

Forum time limits

Suggestions: 8 Rejected Suggestions: 8 Help: 2 Bugs: 8 Solved Bugs: 8 Discussion: 8 Event Discussion: 8 Type Race Teams: 2 Journals: 12 Trade Shops: 8 Battles: 4 Gyms: 4 RP, RP Setup, RP 15+, PokéPark RP, Other RP, etc.: 8 FF, FF 15+ (but NOT Completed FF): 12 Art, Art Shops, Art Schools: 8 Forum Games: 2 Miscellaneous: 8 All other forums: no auto-delete
It is important to note that this is not a rule-change, this is more or less how moderators have been operating when they clean the forums. This is just automating the process. As always, if a thread of yours is deleted, you can still find it in your Forum Subscriptions (assuming you're still subbed!) and can PM a staff member to have it undeleted. You will then have until the next auto-deletion scan to either post a bump or edit the first post, otherwise it will be auto-deleted again. This should help keep the forums clean! I will not be putting the change into effect just yet. This is to allow time for users to provide feedback before action is taken. I aim to have it online by the end of the week.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page