PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

MBCMechachu's AvatarMBCMechachu

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by MBCMechachu

So was it ever explained why the menu sprites for the Galarian Legendary Birds weren't just made in the style of the regular birds?
All three birds got new icons in both forms. Previously they looked like this: Now they look like this: And the Galarian ones: They made the icons bigger in Sword and Shield. They actually started making icons bigger in X/Y with Mega Evolutions in particular, but it has since extended to many other species. Here's the problem: PFQ's layout does not support icons of this size. It supports 32x32 icons, and no bigger. Fitting larger icons would require a major redesign of many parts of the site, as well as re-programming the Display Codes to support it. So instead, we have custom-made icons that mimic the new style but actually fit in a 32x32 box: Which, personally, I think is incredibly good work <3
In that case is there plans to make 3DS style icons for Stonjourner, Copperajah, the Galar fossils, Duraludon & Dragapult? I ask because people have already done that & managed keep within the style. As of now the scale of those sprites stick out like a sore thumb. (credit to leParagon on Deviantart) Especially when the rest of the fully evolved gen 8 mon just about managed to capture this style perfectly by comparison.
MBC Power Up! Profile Picture made by myself.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page