PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff > Nunka's Nonsense >

Nunka's AvatarNunka

About Caprikid

Fakemon Design Process

The original design went through a *lot* of different iterations due to a lot of push and pull but this was what was originally presented nearly 3 years ago. The Caprikid Line was originally designed as Fighting/Dark and the intension was to create a Fakemon line based off of the 3 Greek creatures, Satyr, Minotaur and Centaur. All centered around a goat child. When the line was presented again, I was given the go-ahead as long as the design was reworked to seem less human. Admittedly, I couldn't make the shapes I had in my head back then so I sat down to better present what I had intended. With a better understanding of what I was going for I tackled it using shapeform. So these were designed with repeated diamond and hourglass shapes, both in the limbs and body. I like being able to use shapes to create a recognizable silluette. There were several points I wanted to reuse. The "hands" themselves were inspired by gardivoir so this was kept and better expanded on and emphasised with shaping. It still needed to evolve similar to tyrogue (This was on purpose) Goatchild still needed to be cute, it's design was mostly unchanged. Keeping the cheekspots, Nub hands, long ears. Satyr received a *lot* of rework. I still needed him to be bottom heavy to clash with the large round horns. The "fluffy pants" of the creature sort of masks the legs of the creature creating a penguin effect. Centaur didn't receive too much of an update for this interation other than shaping. It was always intended to have a more umbreon shaped face so it was better portrayed here. We had previously discussed giving it a marking across its chest so it was presented here mimicking a false binder. Minotaur mostly received an update to its shape and then its hands. It originally had sorta first knuckle fingers with hooves on the end as kind of weird claws of sort but with this iteration it was simplified down into a hole finger hoof which gave it better shapes and less awkward fingers. <<;; Its "loin cloth" fluff was better expanded to actually hang down as intended. At some point the horns were changed to a steel because the black horns didn't contrast with the design well enough. They were changed to completely white under the reassurance it still looked like metal. Novie suggested this redesign after we had already started the spriting process so I don't have full Artwork of the changes that took place after. Just half-made sprites Some design elements were pulled over at this time (Mostly for Centaur) as I still refused to budge on a couple things, especailly Satyr's "fluff" proportions. I also *really* didn't like how the Minotaur looked, especially because it was hunched over. I'm not really a fan of hunched over bipedal mon. At this point I had introduced the "collar" marking on Satyr to fill in some space and off to the side is a suggestion of what eventually would become the chest fluff. Things did still change after this, such as the minotaur's ears getting the chop, a white mark being added to the Goat child's nose (It was a highlight but got mistaken as a marking, however it still worked)

Species Information

Fun Fact! This line is male only because the greek minotaur and satyr mythical species are supposed to have only been male. Sagidamas was purposely designed as femme with a false binder marking but it is still male only. The theme for this evolution line is based on "Fight or Flight" and "Brute Strength vs Patience". Saytaries acts as the balance between the two. The naming theme is based on some of the western Zodiac, Capricorn, Aries, Tarus and Sagitarius. Sagidamas breaks the pattern of using the Greek name for their base inspiration. Instead, it uses a derivitive of the latin word dāma or damma, which refers to a tall horned creature with cloven feet, such as Deer, Gazelle and Antelopes. Fallow Deer, common in europe, are also often called Dama Dama. Names based off Greek famous fighters/trainers were also concidered They are all fierce competitors but it's not uncommon see individuals try their hand at games they obviously won't be good at. It's all in good fun afterall. In the wild, these pokemon often live in large communities intermingled with females of other species. When their communities are threatened the pokemon will work together to protect it.

Caprikid

Height: 2'0" or 0.6m Biology Caprikid is a small bipedal goat-like creature. It has short legs, 2 small horns, 2 pink facial markings and nub like hands. Its bottom is a fluffy grey-blue while the rest of it is a light grey. Its facial marking can differ in size and shape but it was typically a white splotch near the nose. Its eyes are usually blue. Its colors are considered pastel in comparision to its evolutions. Extra Information These pokemon *really* love to play. Any game that is physically engaging will quickly grab their attention. They especially love competing against one another. Their favorite activities and games may often be influenced by their stats and eventual evolution. A trainer can often gage what they will evolve into by wthe activities they seem to lean towards. While you can end up with your occasional sore losers, Caprikid are generally good natured about their competitions as a soured mood will often lead to less participants in the next activity. It's more fun when everyone's involved. If allowed to wander away from the community area, they will sometimes bring back "friends", other pokemon similar in size, in hopes of growing their game participating group. As a trainer, this behaviour is a double edged sword. They're very good at finding rare pokemon, however they may accidently bring back someone who isn't fond of humans leading to misunderstandings and property damage. In the wild, they will often form small pep squads to cheer on their parents. It's thought this habit is formed as a way of bonding while learning how to work together instead of always competing amongst one another.

Saytaries

Height: 4'1" or 1.2m Biology Saytaries is a bipedal ram-like pokemon. It has 2 large curled steel horns, 2 fingers and a thumb to each "hand", a fluffy chest, a fluffy bottom and a large tuft of curly hair on top of its head. It walks on 2 cloven hooves. Its bottom is a dark greyish blue with a long tail that is accompanied by large curls of fur near its base. Its base fur color is a grey. Its chest and hair are both blue. It has a small pink goat-like nose and blue eyes. It has a small dark greyish blue color-like marking around its neck. These pokemon also have a small wispy beard at the end of their chin, although not all individuals will keep it. Extra Information Unlike the other evolutions, the balance in its stats leads this pokemon to focus on its defenses. The extra, speed & strength it could have gotten from focusing one or the other gets put into defenses. Despite its size, it can take quite a few hits. The fluff around its waist can often trick opponents into missing their target as most of their leg is actually hidden within it. A punch or kick may find it swoops through the fluff instead of making a connection. Its chest fluff can be sheered off but it will grow back fairly quickly. It's thought this may act as a cushion against blows to its chest. This pokemon's head is extremely hard from repeated head-butting competitions despite its fluffy helmet-like hair. Some individuals may manage to wear their hair out but it can grow back... most of the time. A lot of the games or competitions it prefers to join are usually focused on helping build defenses. These pokemon are generally very happy-go lucky. They often love music and some individuals are known for growing large lush berry gardens for their communities.

Taurminos

Height: 4'9" or 1.5m Biology Taurminos is a bipedal bull-like pokemon. It walks on 2 hooves, has hoof-like fingers, 2 large protruding horns. It has a white "mask" marking around its snout. It has a large tuft of blue hair over its head and short ears. It has a large barrel of a chest covered in a thick shag of dark greyish blue fur. It has a dark belt-like marking connecting to a loincloth-like protrusion of dark greyish-blue fur that covers its waist. It feet are covered in a shag of fur that hangs down and its tail ends in a fluff of blue fur. Extra Information These pokemon are concidered the Strongmen of the group. Relying on their strength, they aren't exactly quick to think things through. More than one have lost a horn due to trying to join in headbutting competitions with their smaller round-horned counterpart. Despite their tough looks they making doting companions and often help with kid rearing and training. Caprikid sometimes use them as jungle gyms. They are mindful of those who are much smaller than themselves. They are quick, however, to challenge others to games based around feats of strength. Sometimes a group of them will drop a task they were in the middle of doing, just to compare strength. They aren't afraid to issue a challenge so someone much bigger than they are. These pokemon are territorial towards pokemon outside of their communities. They have been sighted locked in battle with Bouffalant, Grimmsnarl and even Ursaring.

Sagidamas

Height: 5'9" or 1.8m (Including Horns) Biology Sagidamas is a deer-like taur pokemon with 4 hooved legs, an extra "upper body" with 2 arms that each end in 2 fingers & a thumb and 2 long horns. Its dark greyish-blue deer-like body is similar in size to Stantler and sports light decoration of pink spots. Its front is covered by a fluff of white fur. It also sports a marking across its chest similar in color to its body. Its face has a small white patch marking near its eyes. The rest of its body is covered in a grey fur. It does have a swath of wavey blue hair on its head although individuals are style and cut this. It can grow quite long but some individuals prefer to cut it much shorter. Their upper torso is similar in size to Saytaries. Extra Information These pokemon are often known for their speed. They can gallop long distances without wearing out. Racing games are among their favorite activities. It has a special move it learns on evolution unique to this species called "Starry Arrow". Starry Arrow summons a bow that seems to be made of light. This bow is then aimed and pulled back a blunt silver arrow materializing as it does so, that sticks to the pokemon it is aimed at. It has an extra affect of temporarily lowering a pokemon's defenses. When the "Arrow" is pulled off it bursts into a series of star shaped lights. Despite being a fighting type, it prefered a more ranged style of fighting, often working to lower its opponents defenses while dodging attacks by keeping its distance before it goes in with better damaging physical moves. These pokemon can be ridden, however, they require a strong bond with their trainer before they will allow it. It will sometimes make an exception for its offspring or other closely bonded individuals from its community group. They can be very flighty and their fast feet will quickly carry them back to their herd if they spot danger. Their sensitive ears help them in their evasiveness.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page