PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas' >

MerpleSerple's AvatarMerpleSerple
Unfortunately I wasn't on PFQ when the Pokefarm Mentors was a thing, but I'll still leave my two cents (based off Cele's list). Hopefully it'll be helpful. ^^ I'd really love to see something like this available, I think it'd really help people get into the community more! (sorry if i necroposted, this is just a pinned thread)

Questions you wanted answered as a Newbie

A lot of it was forum etiquette. I still write too professionally out of anxiety, and having someone to ask whether or not I was using a forum properly or in the right space would've gotten me into the site much faster.

What pointers do you wish you had been given?

Anything involving boxes. I only learned about boxboxes about a year ago at most. They're a very important resource to F2P users, and I missed out on a lot of good stuff since I was unaware.

What resources did you find the hardest to locate?

Either premium currency, or unpopular pokemon. I spent a long time saving up for my shelter pass, and probably spent a lot more currency going about it the way I did. A lot of excessive searching for both was had, until I figured it out on my own. Someone had mentioned Alomomola, for example... *sigh.*

What traits do you think a good Mentor should have?

Patience is a must, but also flexibility is needed. Often, typing can accidentally come off as rude, so you would need someone who can handle things with a level head and who asks questions, not someone who makes assumptions. I'd also say being able to teach is a skill that not everyone has, but they can develop it. I'd also like to add on that kindness and open mindedness are also very important. I realize not everyone understands what its like to have adhd/add, so issues that affect me would probably be confusing to others. Being able to understand someone elses perspective and help find work-arounds for issues would be very helpful, but I wouldn't expect that of every mentor, either, as thats a lot of energy.

What interests you the most about having an official Mentor program?

It'd give newbies a higher chance of sticking with the site, I think. Having someone be able to point you in a direction once you hit that first roadblock of "what now" would've probably prevented my first hiatus, and I imagine that would be the case for others. Also, it could help prevent accidental rule breaking if newbies could be directed somewhere if they need longer term help than just a question or two in the guides/help forum.

What concerns do you have for an official Mentor program?

I would worry that mentees would start relying on asking mentors things instead of searching out answers on their own, but it's already been addressed in earlier posts it seems. I could also see something happening where a mentor has wrong information, and accidentally spreads that. Of course, you'll also always have drama if theres a group large enough, but most people are reasonable so it should be avoidable/easily smoothed over for the most part. Not everyone can be friends, but they don't have to.
  • My Current Hunt
  • Type Race+Plans!
2/226 hatched! S: -k credits/- gp/- zc A: -k credits/- gp/- zc
0 points this month! Planned hunts:
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page